University of Derby Online Learning
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now Enquire for business
Enquiring for your team?
Get in touch with the course provider to understand what training they can offer you.
Improve your expertise as an educator/trainer or progress into a more senior role. Choose from a range of interesting modules and undertake research into an area of your choice, with our support.
This course has 3 intakes per year: September, January and May.
If your profession involves educating other people and you are looking to improve your expertise and practice within education, progress into a more senior role with our MA Education.
A specialist pathway based on your professional interests and expertise
This course can be tailored to your professional interests by studying specific modules. You can achieve this specialist pathway award at either Postgraduate Certificate or Masters Level. Choose from:
- Ma Education
- MA Education (Leadership and Management)
- MA Education (English for Speakers of Other Languages)
- Postgraduate Certificate Education (Leadership and Management)
- Postgraduate Certificate Education (English for Speakers of Other Languages)
If you have the full DELTA (Cambridge Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)) qualification you may be eligible for 60 credits at level 7 against our MA Education.
Enriching your career
While not a teaching qualification, our MA Education is designed to meet the interests of novice through to experienced teachers education to help gain more senior roles, enriching your teaching and boosting your confidence.
This pathway will:
- Provide you with a strong, theoretical and practical foundation of a range of applied classroom methods.
- Encourage you to consider ways of understanding leadership or language processes.
- Expand your awareness of different approaches, models, pedagogies and policies in education.
- Look at theoretical concepts and applications in a range of local, national and international contexts.
Interactive and practical learning
This online learning degree is specifically designed by our expert online tutors and contains plenty of opportunities to interact with tutors and other students through online discussion forums, virtual class room sessions and more traditional forms of communication such as email and Skype.
In addition to our academic teams, you’ll be appointed a dedicated online learner advisor who will support you on any non-academic issues throughout your course. You’ll also benefit from many other university support services such as student wellbeing, eLibrary and resource centre, IT support and careers and employment service.
Who is this course for?
Our online MA Education degree course is not a teaching qualification but previous students have benefited from this postgraduate degree, helping them to gain more senior roles, enriching their teaching, challenging their preconceptions and boosting their confidence.
You will usually need to be currently working within the education arena and have either:
- a good undergraduate degree (2:2 or above)
- an equivalent level 6 qualification (equivalent overseas qualifications which will be verified by NARIC)
- a level 5 teaching qualification plus evidence of five years’ teaching experience within an institution may be considered
You will be asked to provide a CV detailing your academic and work experience.
To give you an idea of the range of careers this MA relates to, some of our graduates have gone on to become advanced skills teachers, nursery managers, assistant head teachers, disability coordinators within universities and national trainers for charitable organisations.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.