What is Editing and Publishing and why is the study important? Editing and publishing is a creative and dynamic field that holds great appeal for those who love to work with words. It is a field that often involves collaboration with writers, designers, artists and onscreen professionals.
This course in Editing and Publishing will equip you with fundamental knowledge of design concepts, technical skills, legal and ethical constraints and editorial processes necessary for a career in both print and online editing and publishing, giving you the professional practical knowledge you require to work in the field.
We send certificates to students within 24 hours of course completion. Students will be awarded the Editing and Publishing Certificate. PDF Certificate will cost £15 and hard copy will cost £20. we can post to all over the world.
The course is accredited by The CPD Qualifications Group.
This is a self-study course, students have 100% freedom to complete the course, there is no time restriction on this course. There is no attendance required for this course.
The course will be assessed on the basis of one assignment, we believe doing practical assignments are the best way to assess the ability of the students and also it is the best way to make them apply what they have learned into practice, students can start their assignment from day one and complete the course as soon as they submit their assignment.
The course is valid for 12 months, however, students can complete their course as soon as they submit their assignment. The assessment will take 24 hours. So if there is a job opportunity for you, please do not hesitate to apply for this prestigious course.
This is a self-study course, students have 100% freedom to complete the course in their own time, there is no time restriction on this course. There is no attendance required for this course. Students can study this course from all over the world as long as they have internet connection.
Students will be provided all the learning text materials to assist them in completing the course. The text books will be of different sizes. Our experts have chosen the right text books for each course. Students can use other books as well in order to assist their course works. Students will have 24/7 access to the course materials.
The Certificate in Editing and Publishing is part of an articulated program designed to meet a range of needs for people who want to start a career in writing and for experienced writers wanting to further develop their theoretical knowledge and skills. Graduates are able to develop and critically revise their own and others' work and are aware of the place of writing within contemporary cultural formation. They have general skills in creative writing in fiction or non-fiction and a critical knowledge of cultural and aesthetic debates. Students also develop specific industry-based skills in book editing and publishing.
- At the end of this course, you will be awarded a diploma in Editing and Publishing, and will also be able to:
- Prepare the layout for articles
- Start a career in editing or publishing
- Learn more about how to get your work published
- Have good command of punctuation and spelling
- Acquire good English usage
- Correct spacing and spelling errors
- Correct word usage and punctuation errors
- Undertake teaching in schools or in field centres
- Break through your writing barriers
- Make consistent and confident decisions when correcting texts
- Learn the production of an online publication from start to finish
- Develop your ability to edit text and illustrations for articles
Who is this course for?
- The Editing and Publishing is open to individuals who already have experience in the related field.
- This course is open to College-going individuals and Graduates interested in building a career as publishers or editors in the future
- Learners should be 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language is required to attend this course.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.