Add to basket or enquire
The term eco-home is used broadly to describe any house, which has been designed with environmental considerations in mind. The design would include construction with the use of more natural, renewable resources and would bear in mind the health of its occupants.
Ecological building requires more than just knowledge in construction. You will need to display commitment to environmental sustainability.
Master the art of eco-design and gain valuable ‘green building’ techniques with our course, to ensure that your building meets the environmental needs of the area.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Gain an introduction to building biology and the concept of Healthy Buildings
- Identify dangerous building materials and compare with materials which are safe to humans
- Understand roof construction and the considerations made for material selection
- Learn about the construction of floors
- Understand problems associated with pests in the building and pest control techniques
- Understand electricity measurements and associated terminology
- Discover how a healthy building can minimise the effects of Electro Magnetic Radiation (EMR)
- Understand the principles of energy control and conservation
- Explore solar house design and recognize how to improve the performance of a green house
- Understand the importance of optimum ventilation and identify the effects of exposure to mould and mildew
- Discover energy-efficient lighting options
- Explore acoustics and learn of the human requirements for sound insulation
- Understand Ergonomic considerations in building design and apply considerations when applying office landscaping and space management design
- Recognise the psychological aspect of building interiors
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- In this day and age everyone is talking ‘green’, you can lend a helping hand to the environment, cut down on your energy usage and save money.
- Energy efficiency of eco friendly construction significantly reduces homeowners’ costs for energy as green buildings consume up to one third less energy in compare to conventional buildings.
- Green construction typically uses environmentally friendly materials and construction methods, which are good for both the environment and human health.
Course completion certificate included.
Free technical support available 7am-7pm GMT via email, telephone or online chat.
Compatible with Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
Learn anytime, anywhere!
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Paul M. Baker asked:
Does this course provide the knowledge required to install a solar photovoltaic system, geothermal system, wind power, rainwater collection systems?
Hi Paul, Thank you for contacting us. You will learn how to master the art of eco-design and gain valuable ‘green building’ techniques with our course, to ensure that your building meets the environmental needs of the area. Regards, JasonThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.