Add to basket or enquire
Are you looking to begin your SEN teaching career or want to develop more advanced skills in SEN teaching? Then this Early Years SEN course will set you up with a solid foundation to become a confident SEN teacher and help you to develop your expertise in SEN teaching.
This Early Years SEN course is accredited by the CPD UK & IPHM. CPD is globally recognised by employers, professional organisations and academic intuitions, thus a certificate from CPD Certification Service creates value towards your professional goal and achievement. CPD certified certificates are accepted by thousands of professional bodies and government regulators here in the UK and around the world.
This SEN Teaching course has been designed with 2 CPD courses to provide the ultimate learning experience for our learners to further develop their expertise in their chosen field.
This Early Years SEN course is endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. The Quality Licence Scheme is a brand of the Skills and Education Group, a leading national awarding organization for providing high-quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries.
Whether you are self-taught and you want to fill in the gaps for better efficiency and productivity, this Early Years SEN course will set you up with a solid foundation to become a confident SEN teacher and develop more advanced skills.
This comprehensive Early Years SEN course is the perfect way to kickstart your career in the field of SEN teaching assistant. This Early Years SEN course will give you a competitive advantage in your career, making you stand out from all other applicants and employees.
If you’re interested in working as an SEN teacher or want to learn more skills on SEN teaching assistant but unsure of where to start, then this Early year SEN course will set you up with a solid foundation to become a confident SEN teacher and develop more advanced skills.
The Early Years SEN course will set you up with the appropriate skills and experience needed for the job and is ideal for both beginners and those currently working as an SEN teacher.
As one of the leading course providers and most renowned e-learning specialists online, we’re dedicated to giving you the best educational experience possible. This course is crafted by industry expert, to enable you to learn quickly and efficiently, and at your own pace and convenience. This course has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification.
Why Choose This Early Years SEN Course:
- Boost your career in SEN teaching or special educational needs teaching
- Endorsed by The Quality Licence Scheme
- Accredited by The CPD UK and International Practitioners of Holistic Medicine (IPHM)
- Special Offer - Free Course Completion PDF Certificate, MCQ Based Exam & Industry Expert Support Included
- Dual (CPD UK and IPHM) accredited certificate in 1 course
- Learn from industry experts
- Lifetime Access
- High-quality e-learning study materials
- Self-paced, no fixed schedules
- 24/7 customer support through email
- Available to students anywhere in the world
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform
- Course Completion PDF Certificate, MCQ Based Exam & Industry Expert Support Included
- 2 Recognised Accreditation (CPD UK and IPHM) in 1 Course
So, what are you thinking about! Start getting the benefits by enrolling today!
- 1: Obtain Your Student ID Card 01:00
- 2: Introduction To Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teaching 07:35
- 3: Statutory and Regulatory Context for SEN 08:03
- 4: Understanding How Special Educational Needs & Disabilities Affect Pupils’ 05:34
- 5: Teaching Strategies and Approaches for Pupils with Special Educational Needs 11:00
- 6: Drawing Up Inclusive Whole-School Policies And Procedures For SEN 12:36
- 7: Developing A Whole-School Policy On Assessment 04:13
- 8: Inclusive Education For Students With Special Educational Needs 06:05
- 9: Leadership of Special Schools 11:39
- 10: National Minimum Standards For Residential Special Schools 09:15
- 11: Role And Functions Of The Board Of Management 10:57
- 12: Education Planning for Individual Students 03:03
- 13: Introduction 04:37
- 14: Benefits of Inclusive Education System and the Role of a School Shadow support 22:15
- 15: Educational and Behavioural Implications of Children with Autism Spectrum, ADHD 32:48
- 16: Importance of Fading and Promoting Independence 38:48
- 17: Intervention Strategies and Best Practices to Manage Behaviour 15:57
- 18: Assessment 10:00
- 19: Obtain Your Accredited Certificate of Achievement 02:00
The Early Years SEN is a popular training course, ideal for anyone who is looking to kickstart their career as an SEN teacher, as well as professionals who want to test their existing skills and knowledge. If you want to gain an in-depth understanding of SEN teaching assistant, then this program is perfect for you.
We have divided the Early Years SEN course into 11 user-friendly modules, covering all fundamental areas of SEN teaching assistant to provide learners with the relevant skills and industry knowledge to take their career to the next level.
Module 1: Introduction To Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teaching
- Introduction To Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teaching
- How to become a special educational needs (SEN) teacher
- Entry requirements
- Responsibilities of a SEN Teacher
Module 2: Statutory and Regulatory Context
- SEND Code of Practice
- Learn How the SEND Tribunal, Disagreement Resolution and Mediation
- Disagreement Resolution
- Mediation Services
- SEND Tribunal: If you’re asked to be a witness
- Learn about the Local Offer
- Get an Idea about the OfSTED Frameworks relevant to your school or work setting
- Learn about the new funding models
- Get an understanding of the policy and legislative context for health and social care, including safeguarding and the health and well-being agenda
Module 3: Understanding How Special Educational Needs & Disabilities Affect Pupils’ Participation and Learning
- Understanding Underachievement
- Signs of Underachievement
- Knowing When School Underachievement Is a Problem
- General Causes of Underachievement in School
Module 4: Teaching Strategies and Approaches for Pupils with Special Educational Needs
- Teaching Strategies
- Learning strategies
- Strategies to Support a Student with a Cognitive Impairment
- Classroom management strategies
- Strategies for Transfer of Learning
Module 5: Drawing Up Inclusive Whole-School Policies and Procedures
- Promoting the Inclusive School
- The Benefits of Inclusion
- Planning For Inclusion At The Whole-School Level
- Drawing Up Inclusive Whole-School Policies And Procedures
- Whole-School Policies And Procedures In The School Plan
Module 6: Developing A Whole-School Policy On Assessment
- The Purposes of Assessment
- Methods of Assessment
- Developing a Whole-School Policy on Assessment
- Selection and Use of Appropriate Test Instruments
Module 7: Inclusive Education for Students with Special Educational Needs
- Classroom Climate
- Support for Learning
- Teaching for Inclusion
- Students’ Involvement in Identifying Learning Targets and In Self-Assessment
- Learning Style
- Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
Module 8: Leadership of Special Schools
- Characteristics of Highly Effective Leaders
- What Is Leadership?
- Models of Leadership That Promote Successful Schools
- Pedagogical/Instructional Leadership
- Styles of Leadership
- General Principles For Good Leaders
Module 9: National Minimum Standards for Residential Special Schools
- Statement of Principles and Practice
- Induction, transition and individual support
- Health and wellbeing
- Contact with parents/carers
- Residential accommodation
- Safety of students
- Fire precautions and drills
- Provision and preparation of food and drinks
- Personal possessions
- Leadership and management
- Securing student’s views
Module 10: Role and Functions of the Board of Management
- Role and Functions of the Board of Management
- Boards of management and school policies
- Boards of management and parents
- Boards of management and the Department of Education
- The SEN Support Team
- The principal and the management of delegated functions
- Mainstream Teachers
- The Resource Teacher
- Year Heads and Class Tutors
Module 11: Education Planning for Individual Students
- Individual planning
- The benefits of individual planning
- Implementing the individual education plan
Module 12: Introduction to School Shadow Support For Children With Special Needs
Module 13: Benefits of Inclusive Education System and the Role of a School Shadow support
Module 14: Educational and Behavioural Implications of Children with Autism Spectrum, ADHD
Module 15: Importance of Fading and Promoting Independence
Module 16: Intervention Strategies and Best Practices to Manage Behaviour
Method of Assessment
On successful completion of the Early Years SEN Teaching at QLS Level 5 course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice assessment. The assessment will be evaluated automatically and the results will be given to you immediately.
Certificate of Completion
On completion of the Early Years SEN course, you will be eligible to obtain your free PDF certificate of course completion.
Certificate of Achievement
Endorsed Certificate from Quality Licence Scheme
After successfully passing the MCQ exam you will be eligible to obtain Early Years SEN Course Endorsed Certificate by Quality Licence Scheme. The Quality Licence Scheme is a brand of the Skills and Education Group, a leading national awarding organisation for providing high-quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. It will give you a competitive advantage in your career, making you stand out from all other applicants and employees. There is a Quality Licence Scheme endorsement fee to obtain an endorsed certificate which is £65.
CPD UK and IPHM Accredited Certificate of Achievement
On successful completion of the Early Years SEN course, you will be eligible to order your CPD UK and IPHM accredited certificate of achievement (dual certificate) as proof of your new skill. You can also share this certificate with prospective employers and your professional network. You/your employer can verify your certificate through our website. Certificate can be obtained in PDF version at a cost of £12, and there is an additional fee to obtain a printed copy certificate which is £35.
Who is this course for?
This comprehensive Early Years SEN course is suitable for anyone looking to improve their job prospects or aspiring to accelerate their career in this sector and want to gain in-depth knowledge of SEN teaching assistant.
This Early Years SEN course is felicitous for those, who want to be the best in their jobs.
Whether you are completely new to the field or are an aspiring professional, the Early Years SEN course will help open doors to a wide range of professions within your chosen field, helping you to stand out to employers with up to date skills that can be used to enhance your CV.
- There are no academic entry requirements for this Early Years SEN course, and it is open to students of all academic backgrounds.
- As long as you are aged seventeen or over and have a basic grasp of English, numeracy and ICT, you will be eligible to enrol.
This Early Years SEN course opens a brand new door for you to enter the relevant job market and also provides you with the chance to accumulate in-depth knowledge at the side of needed skills to become flourishing in no time. You will also be able to add your new skills to your CV, enhance your career and become more competitive in your chosen industry.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Reed courses certificate of completion
Digital certificate - Included
Will be downloadable when all lectures have been completed