This Early Years Level 4 qualification is perfect for existing early years practitioners who are looking to further their understanding of Early Years in order to provide quality care for children and young people. By studying this course you will have proven that you possess in-depth knowledge of managing and leading a team of early years practitioners to give care that is to the highest standards as outlined in the EYFS.
About this Course
Our Early Years Level 4 course is perfect for existing Early Years Practitioners who are looking to take their knowledge in childcare to a higher level. The course goes into further depth to provide a sound knowledge of crucial aspects within a childcare environment for management and senior level members of staff including safeguarding, managing a team, professional partnerships and how to work to the highest standards within early years.
Study Time:140 hours
Enrolment length:12 months
Entry Requirements:None Specific
Upon completion of this qualification students are awarded an ABC Awards Level 4 certificate and an OLC Certificate. All certification fees are included in your course fees.
To gain this Early Years Level 4 qualification you will need to submit, and pass, all of the tutor marked assignments. There are six assignments in the course and no need to purchase any textbooks as we provide all of the lessons and materials required to learn the syllabus.
All assignments are coursework based and are in an essay/question and answer style to test your knowledge of the topics covered in each of the course sections.
All of our students are given access to our online campus through their own personal login and password. Once logged in you can access your course materials, lessons, resources and assignments in your own time. Assignments are uploaded through your account and the process is easy intuitive. Our online campus includes:
- 24/7/365 access to all of your course materials- all lessons, assignments and resources are available from the moment you enrol
- Instant access to your course after you enrol- start studying immediately!
- Integrated chat and messaging systems so that you can contact your tutor
- Online assignment uploads to save time in returning marks and feedback.
- Links to further resources and information available on courses
- Self-led learning on all courses- study in your own time and work through your assignments at your own pace
- Safe e-portfolio of your work is kept under lock and key on our secure servers
- Progress bar to show the work you have completed and how many tasks you still have to complete on your course
- Detailed help centre with step-by-step instructions on getting the most from your course and how to upload assignments and contact your tutor
The most important tool that all of our students have at their disposal is their tutor. When studying for a course with us you are assigned a personal tutor with indepth knowledge and experience in your chosen subject.
You are strongly advised to make use of your tutors expertise and ask questions about the course content. Your assignments are marked by your personal tutor and detailed feedback is given. As well as this your tutor will provide you with pointers and advice on where you can improve- this helps you to get the most from your courses and constantly improve your skills.
To pass this course learners must pass 8 assignments. These are completed after navigating through the corresponding lessons and writing your answers to assignment questions. Once these have been read and marked by your personal tutor, feedback and marks are provided to students which contain helpful tips to improve work in future assignments.
This course assesses the following units:
Unit 1: Supporting the Emotional and Physical Well-being of Children
- Understand the emotional development of children from birth to sixty months
- Explore theorists involved with the emotional development of children
- Understand the importance of attachment and bonding
- Identify the importance of the key person
- Understand how children are affected by transitions
- Explore the importance of exercise for children
- Look at initiatives available to promote exercise ad healthy life styles
Unit 2: Equality, Diversity and Professional Partnerships
- Understand how legislation, policies and procedures inform equality, diversity and inclusive practice.
- Explore Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Code of Practice 0-25 Years
- Identify ways to support equality, diversity and inclusion
- Work in partnership
- Identify different family structures
- Complete necessary paperwork correctly
Unit 3: Health and Safety Legislation
- Understand legislation and guidelines for health and safety
- Be able to manage risk by following legislation on a daily basis
- Understand the registration and collection of children procedures
- Record accidents, incidents and emergencies
Unit 4: Observations, Assessments and Planning
- Carrying out effective observations
- Complete summative assessments
- Complete effective planning
- Complete transitions to school
- Source third party support
Unit 5: Safeguarding Children
- Identify the different types of child abuse
- Understand the different policies, legislation and guidelines for safeguarding children
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of staff
- Know how to report an incident
Unit 6: The Early Years Foundation Stage
- Understand the importance of play
- Differentiate between types of learning
- Understand how to plan effectively
Unit 7: Managing in a Nursery Environment
- Communicate effectively
- Carry out appraisals and supervisions
- Understand disciplinary procedures and grievance issues
- Recruit and manage staff successfully
Unit 8: Engaging in Professional Development
- Understand the meaning of professional development
- Developing and analysing CVs
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
All of our courses are allocated plenty of time for students to complete their studies and all materials are self-led so that you can complete the course at your own pace. Should you require additional time on one of our courses you can extend your enrolment by 30 days for an additional fee of £60.
As well as this we operate a 14 day money back guarantee on every one of our qualifications- that’s how confident we are of how you will love studying with us!
Who is this course for?
This course is for anyone that is looking to work as a nursery nurse within a childcare environment. Suitable for both new and existing nursery nurses, the course develops an understanding of childcare and how to work with young people.
There are no requirements to study this course.
Students studying this course can go on to become nursery nurses, childcare practitioners and preschool teachers.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.