Ridgeway Training Limited
The International Transport Manager Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) in Road Haulage is 'the' industry recognised qualification and is essential for anyone looking for a career path in transport management.
The Transport Manager CPC is a level 3 qualification and is the minimum standard required for holding an Operator's Licence
Under EU regulations, the Transport Manager CPC is a legal requirement of the operator licensing system for both Standard National and International licences. Obtaining this qualification demonstrates the professional competence of the owner operator or transport manager responsible for the control of goods vehicles.
To gain this qualification, the candidate must pass the CPC examinations set out by OCR, which includes a multiple choice test and case study examination.
- Business and Company Law, Industrial Relations, Health and Safety, Financial Management, Commercial Conduct of the Business, Marketing, Organisation Charts, KPIs and Work Plans, Business Taxation.
- Operator Licensing, Drivers’ Hours and Records, Planned Preventive Maintenance, Vehicle Costing, Vehicle Taxation, Transport Ancillaries and Contracts of Carriage, Electronic Data, Weights and Dimensions of Vehicles and Loads, Safe Loading of Vehicles and Transit of Goods
- Mechanical Conditions – Plating and Testing, Mechanical Conditions – Fleet Inspections and Enforcement, Driver Licensing, Speed Limits and Traffic Regulations.
- Traffic Accident Procedure, Insurance, Vehicle Selection, Permits, Transit Systems, Frontier Crossings, International Transport Documentation
Our new and exclusive CPC Home Study Professional is here. Are you looking to obtain your Transport Manager CPC qualification but would prefer to study in your own time and at your own pace?
Our new online e-learning portal provides you with everything our intensive course offers but essentially allows you to learn at your own pace and in the convenience of your own surroundings, fitting in with your work or lifestyle.
Delivered by our expert trainers, you will receive access to a series of professionally recorded core modular videos covering the CPC syllabus, taking the classroom experience at a time and location suitable to you.
- Full pre-course notes
- Two day revision course (classroom or google online based)
- Multiple choice and Case Study examinations
- 3 months access to our e-Learning portal including five 30 minute core modular videos covering:
- Tutor support at your request
Why Ridgeway Training?
- Over 25 years industry knowledge and experience
- OCR approved centre for over 20 years'
- Outstanding levels of training with CPC pass rates 30% higher than the national average (56%)
- We are also a FORS Associate and JAUPT approved Driver CPC training centre
Who is this course for?
Those who wish to apply for a Standard National or Standard International Operators Licence, hold the position of Transport Manager or as the next step in their transport career path.
Although there are no minimum entry qualifications, a basic knowledge of accounting procedures and road transport legislation is an advantage, but not essential.
The CPC qualification will provide you with the knowledge and an excellent understanding of transport legislation. This will enable you to apply for a position as a Transport Manager or for an operator's licence in order to operate your own transport business.
As a Transport Manager expected salaries would be in the region of £30 - £50K per year.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.