Add to basket or enquire
Do you want to start working on Dysphagia Awareness training or expand your knowledge in this area? This Dysphagia Awareness training course will give you a firm commitment to building your professional career and support you in honing your knowledge in this field.
Dysphagia is a physical difficulty in the ability to chew and swallow foods and or liquids. A swallowing disorder not only affects one’s safety but also their quality of life. Problems can range from severe instances of a complete inability to swallow, requiring an alternate means of obtaining nutrition, to mild problems such as needing liquid to wash down tougher foods like bread and meat. Some people complain of coughing on liquids. Others say food gets stuck in their throat. Symptoms vary widely and depend on the cause of the problem. To get rid of this physical problem, awareness must be created in order to keep your eating system safe.
You'll have an arsenal of skills to lock down your desired career after completion of a Dysphagia Awareness course. Moreover, you will have access to all of the materials in this Dysphagia Awareness course for free for a whole year and learn a multitude of highly coveted skills to move up the corporate ladder.
If you want to learn more about Dysphagia Awareness but don't know how to begin, this course will provide you with a stable platform to become a competent worker in the relevant field and acquire more valuable skills. Discover what Dysphagia Awareness has to offer and step into the realm of endless opportunities.
The ideal way to launch your career in Dysphagia Awareness is with this thorough course. By giving you a competitive edge over other job candidates and employees, this Dysphagia Awareness training programme will help you advance your career.
We can assist you with the initial training and role preparations if you believe you have the capacity to join this career. We've painstakingly condensed all the crucial information of the Dysphagia Awareness training Course and designed it into one continuous tutorial that is intended to train and guide people in the criteria for this role.
We're committed to providing you with the best learning experience possible as one of the top course providers and most well-known e-learning experts. Enrol right away to accelerate your career!
Learning Objectives of Dysphagia Awareness Training Course
After successful completion of the Dysphagia Awareness Course you will learn :
- A clear concept of Dysphagia
- The importance of Dysphagia Awareness
- Neurologic Controls of Swallowing
- Paediatric Aspect of Dysphagia
- How dysphagia cause systemic disease
- Efficacy of Mechanical, Cold, Gustatory and Combined Stimulation
- Understanding the Swallowing Reflex
- Cause, signs, and symptoms of Dysphagia
- The paediatric aspect of Dysphagia
- International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiatives
- The importance of good oral health
Why Choose Our Dysphagia Awareness Course
- Fully designed by qualified professionals
- Instant E-certificate after completion
- Fully online study method
- Self-paced learning and laptop, tablet and smartphone-friendly
- Smart assessment & instant result
- 24/7 access to the course on demand
- 24/7 Tutor Support
- Opportunities in exploring new careers
- 1: Module 01- Introduction of Dysphagia 07:00
- 2: Module 02- Understanding the Swallowing Reflex 09:00
- 3: Module 03- Cause, Signs, and Symptoms 06:00
- 4: Module 04- Diagnosis and Treatment 11:00
- 5: Module 05- International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative 05:00
- 6: Module 06- The importance of good oral health 09:00
This course provides a comprehensive guide to developing the right Dysphagia Awareness for you, including the science of self-auditing, defining your strengths and weaknesses, and finding out what motivates you.
From how to gain a competitive edge to improve employability, to furthering your education and making the right connections, this course covers everything you need to know about every aspect of developing a successful Dysphagia Awareness.
This Dysphagia Awareness training program is widely-liked and great for anyone wishing to start a career in this field, as well as for professionals who want to assess their current knowledge and skills. This curriculum is ideal for you if you want to learn everything there is to know about teaching students with exceptional needs.
To give students the necessary skills and understanding of the area to advance their careers, we have structured the Dysphagia Awareness training course into a number of modules that cover all of the core relevant topics.
The following module of the Dysphagia Awareness Training Course will provide you with the fundamental skills you need to become job-ready as well as a strong foundation in this profession.
The following modules are included in this thorough Dysphagia Awareness training course:
Module 01: Introduction of Dysphagia
- What Is Dysphagia?
- Incidence and Prevalence
- Consequences of Dysphagia
- Who Manages Dysphagia?
Module 02: Understanding the Swallowing Reflex
- Normal Anatomy
- Normal Physiology
- Bolus and Delivery Variation
- Neurologic Controls of Swallowing
- Swallow and Normal Ageing
Module 03: Cause, Signs, and Symptoms
- Evaluation of Symptoms
- Neurology of Swallowing and Dysphagia
- Pediatric Aspect of Dysphagia
- Dysphagia in Systemic Disease
Module 04: Diagnosis and Treatment
- Evidence-based Practice
- Bedside Evaluation
- 3 Ounce Water Swallow Test
- Treatment Objectives
- Efficacy of Mechanical, Cold, Gustatory, and Combined Stimulation
- Effects of Sour on Tongue movements
- Selecting Treatment Techniques
- Intramuscular Stimulation
Module 05: International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative
- What is IDDSI?
- Dysphagia and Why IDDSI Is Important
- The IDDSI Framework
- How Was the IDDSI Framework Implemented?
- Implementation Toolkit
Module 06: The importance of good oral health
- The Oral Biofilm
- Periodontal Disease: Gingivitis and Periodontitis
- Periodontitis and Systemic Disease
- Aspiration Pneumonia
- Periodontal Treatment
- Periodontal Maintenance
Who is this course for?
- Aspiring professionals
- Students with an interest in Dysphagia Awareness training
- Job Seekers in this industry
- Anyone looking to learn a new skill or acquire some knowledge
- Existing professionals who want to expand their current skills
There are no specific requirements to enroll in this Dysphagia Awareness course. Anyone with a laptop, tablet, or smartphone can have access to this course. All you need is a passion for learning, literacy, and being over the age of 16.
This Dysphagia Awareness course will help you gain all the necessary theoretical knowledge to excel in the relevant field. Once you have successfully completed the Dysphagia Awareness bundle, you will be equipped with a range of skills required to secure a role in the sector. You will also have an excellent understanding of the Process of Dysphagia Awareness to support clients on their journey.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Certificate of completion
Digital certificate - Included
Reed Courses Certificate of Completion
Digital certificate - Included
Will be downloadable when all lectures have been completed.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.