Skip to content

Driving Skills CPC

7 Hours - online CPC course using Zoom

Newcroft Training


£80 inc VAT
Or £26.67/mo. for 3 months...
Study method
Online with live classes
8 hours, Full-time
Driver Certificate of Professional Competence
Additional info
  • Tutor is available to students

3 students purchased this course


At the end of this course you will understand the role and responsibilities of an LGV/ PSV Driver, understand how to comply with legislation and understand and promote safe driving.

Includes - Highway code quiz, fixed penalties and endorsements, types of pedestrian crossings, using a motorway, vehicle evolution, tyre pressures, aquaplaning, driving techniques and causes of accidents.


Driver Certificate of Professional Competence

Course media


These 35 hours can be taken in 5 lots of 7 hour instalments (e.g. 7 hours each year) or in one solid block (35 hours over 5 days). Newcroft Training also has a JAUPT accreditation and will certify your attendance for every 7 hours taken there are 35 hours to complete, once completed, you will receive your Drivers Qualification Card from the DVSA

Newcroft Training has been an Approved Driver CPC centre, delivering Driver CPC Training for many years, we are established in Essex from our 25 years as a Limited Company. We are always designing & delivering new Driver CPC courses to keep you and your drivers engaged. Known for a friendly and relaxed atmosphere for all Driver Training in Essex.

Who is this course for?

All drivers with an HGV/PCV licence must commit 35 hours of classroom training within 5 years. This is an EU requirement (EU Directive 2003/59).

Questions and answers

No questions or answers found containing ''.

Mikhailovna D'Alva asked:

hi can i drive with this certificate?....


It depends if you have grandfather right your Class C entitlement.

This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.

jason asked:

my cpc run out last year is this the full 35 hours for £60


No this is for 1 module, 35 hours is 5 modules. We offer 35 Hours for £200+VAT

This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.

Leslie asked:

I have grandfather C1 & D1 license (101) - would this qualification be accepted as my initial CPC for both groups and possible prep for taking C test?


35 Hours will allow you to drive commercially up 7.5 tonnes, Regarding your D1 licence (PSV) we offer 4 modules that will cover this. Loading & Unloading is not PSV so you will have to sit the same module twice.

This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.

Noel asked:

I have the old licence and learners lgv hgv cdedonmy licence before 1988 how can I get on to do cpc etc I would like to


Yes you can join us, we would require a copy of your licence.

This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.

Alan asked:

Is this the full cpc course and not just an individual course,ie 1 module


Yes this is just one module out of 5, we do offer 35 Hours.

This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.

Henry Corr asked:

Do I need a CPC to deliver 7.5t vehicles to the services who are going to use the vehicles commercially. I have grandfather rights.


Yes to drive commercially you will require a 35 Hours CPC

This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.

Ray asked:

Do you have any gov. funded CPC courses for unemployed available?


Unfortunately not, we will be offering apprenticeships later in the year.

This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.

Daniel asked:

Can i take this course even if i don't have hgv license? I'm a van driver, and this would probably help


Only if you have required rights on your licence 'Grandfather Rights'

This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.


Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.


What does study method mean?

Study method describes the format in which the course will be delivered. At courses are delivered in a number of ways, including online courses, where the course content can be accessed online remotely, and classroom courses, where courses are delivered in person at a classroom venue.

What are CPD hours/points?

CPD stands for Continuing Professional Development. If you work in certain professions or for certain companies, your employer may require you to complete a number of CPD hours or points, per year. You can find a range of CPD courses on, many of which can be completed online.

What is a ‘regulated qualification’?

A regulated qualification is delivered by a learning institution which is regulated by a government body. In England, the government body which regulates courses is Ofqual. Ofqual regulated qualifications sit on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF), which can help students understand how different qualifications in different fields compare to each other. The framework also helps students to understand what qualifications they need to progress towards a higher learning goal, such as a university degree or equivalent higher education award.

What is an ‘endorsed’ course?

An endorsed course is a skills based course which has been checked over and approved by an independent awarding body. Endorsed courses are not regulated so do not result in a qualification - however, the student can usually purchase a certificate showing the awarding body’s logo if they wish. Certain awarding bodies - such as Quality Licence Scheme and TQUK - have developed endorsement schemes as a way to help students select the best skills based courses for them.