Add to basket or enquire
Tired of the 9-5 drudgery? Being a driving instructor may be the perfect opportunity for you to escape that! Not only does it provide flexible working hours, but it also offers a possible annual pay of £30,000 and the chance to be your own boss. To commence this exciting career, you need to get the basics first, and this Driving Instructor course is just the perfect choice for that.
Being a driving instructor entails teaching individuals how to drive safely and providing them with the essential skills to pass their driving test. You will evaluate a learner's driving knowledge and tailor your teaching techniques to their needs. Furthermore, rather than being pent-up in an office, this professional path allows you to get on the road whenever you like.
Seems like the ideal career for you? Add this Driving Instructor course to your basket and kick start your journey to become an earnest driving instructor.
Throughout this guide, you will learn about the required skills and competencies to be a good driving instructor. This course focuses on providing you with a detailed overview of structured training on driving, including the effective methods of teaching and learning, as well as skill training. Furthermore, you will get a comprehensive understanding of the ADI examination and LGV driving test. In addition, this training will educate you on vital topics like crossroads, emergency stop, turning and emerging at junctions. By the end of this masterclass, you will demonstrate the abilities of a competent driving instructor with excellent vehicle knowledge and communication skills.
Sign up for this Driving Instructor course today— enhance your expertise and help people acquire invaluable life skill.
What will I learn from this Driving Instructor course:
- Understand the requisite skills and qualities of a good driving instructor.
- Get a detailed understanding of structured driving training.
- Explore the methods of teaching and learning, as well as skill training
- Gain a better understanding of ADI examination structure and application process.
- Develop your knowledge of assessment items, disabilities and impairments.
- Scale up your communication skills and know-how to handle a new client.
- Familiarise yourself with the ins and outs of the vehicle and manoeuvres on driving tests.
- Learn about crucial topics like crossroads, emergency stop, turning and emerging at junctions
- Enhance your knowledge of large-good vehicle (LGV) driving and LGV driving test
Why People Love And Enrol The Driving Instructor Course From One Education
- Eligibility for an IAO-accredited certificate on successful completion of Driving Instructor Course
- Learning materials of our Driving Instructor course contains engaging voiceover and visual elements for your comfort
- Freedom to study at your own pace
- 24/7 access to the Driving Instructor course materials for 12 months
- Full Tutor support on weekdays (Monday – Friday)
This masterclass Driving Instructor online training course is designed by industry experts and will give you an in-depth understanding of this topic. The Driving Instructor course features easy-to-digest modules that break down each topic and ensure all our students receive an unrivalled and thorough learning experience.
If you want to work in this rapidly growing sector and stand out from the competition, then our Driving Instructor course is the perfect place to kickstart your dream career.
On the Driving Instructor course, we guarantee that you will gain relevant skills and acquire tremendous knowledge on the subject. The certificate you’ll achieve after completing the Driving Instructor course will help you land the job you want in a related field.
Enjoy a pleasant and professional 100% online learning experience and enrol in our Driving Instructor course today and take control of your career!
Here is a curriculum breakdown of the Driving Instructor course:
Module 01: The Driving Instructor
- Skills and Knowledge
- Daily Tasks
- Qualities of Good Instructor
- Be an Effective Instructor
- ADI Qualification
Module 02: Structured Driver Training
- Methods of Learning
- Learning by Repetition (Rote)
- Learning by Understanding (Gestalt)
- Teaching and Learning
- Skill Training
- Teaching a Skill
- Structuring the Learning
- Driver Training Syllabus
- Corrections on the Move
- Dual Controls
- Verbal intervention
- Physical intervention
- Assessments and Standards
Module 03: The ADI Exams
- Examination Structure
- Requirements for ADI
- Application for Registration
- Exemptions to the ADI Regulations
- Criminal History Checks
- Part 1: Theory and Hazard Perception
- Hazard Perception Test
- Part 2: Driving Ability
- Part 3: Instructional Ability
- The Test
- The role play situation
- The marking sheet
- ADI Check Test
- Test Frequency
- Trainee Licence
Module 04: Communication Skills and Dealing with a New Client
- Communication Skills
- Briefings and Explanations
- Body Language
- Having Equipment Ready to Hand
- Making the First Contact: the Telephone
- Dealing with Younger Caller
- Dealing with Parent
- Sales Pitch
- Closing Call
- Making the Second Contact: The Doorstep
- Establishing Terms and Conditions
- Making the third contact: the lesson
- Maintaining Professional Standards
- Safe Conversation
- Physical Contact
- Dealing with Payment Problems
- Being Firm
- Dealing with Non-Payments
- It Cuts Both Ways
- Signing the Terms and Conditions
- Losing Clients
- Personality Clash
- Other Reasons
- Arranging Lessons with Family and Friends
Module 05: Learning to Drive
- Lesson Ingredients
- Vehicle Familiarisation
- The Cockpit Drill
- Main Controls
- Dealing with ‘Main Controls’ on Part 3 Exam
- Moving Off and Stopping
- Dealing with It on Part 3 Exam
- Use of Mirrors
- Use of Signals
- Dealing with ‘Signals’ on the Part 3 Exam
- Turning and Emerging at Junctions
- Dealing with ‘Junctions’ on the Part 3 Exam
- Dealing with ‘Crossroads’ on the Part 3 Exam
- Meeting and Dealing with Other Traffic
- Manoeuvres on Driving Tests
- Emergency Stop
- Pedestrian Crossings
Module 06: Driving Large Vehicles
- LGV Driver
- LGV Driving Licences
- Young LGV Driver Scheme
- LGV Theory Test
- LGV Practical Test
- Practical Test Syllabus
- Driver CPC
- Practical Test
- LGV Instructor Qualifications
- Register of LGV Instructors
- Fleet Driver Training Register
Module 07: Assessment Items
- Gap Selection
- Speed Choice
- Following Distance
- Lateral Position
- Leaving Parking
- Turning Movement
- Stage Assessment Items
- Lateral Position
- Critical Errors
- Too Slow
- Fail to Look
- Fail to Signal
- Block Pedestrian Crosswalk
- Mount Kerb
- Incomplete Stop
- Immediate Termination Errors
Module 08: Disabilities and Impairments
- Types of Disabilities
- Vehicle Adaptations
- Impaired Hearing
- Methods of Teaching
- Reading and Understanding Problems
- Applying for Tests
Method of Assessment
To successfully complete the Driving Instructor course, students will have to take an automated multiple-choice exam. This exam will be online and you will need to score 60% or above in order to pass. After successfully passing the Driving Instructor course exam, you will be able to apply for an IAO-accredited certificate.
Once you have finished the Driving Instructor course, you will be eligible to apply for an IAO-accredited certificate as proof of your new skills and your continued professional development. Certificates are available as a PDF for £9, or you can request a hard copy to be sent in the post for £15.
Who is this course for?
The Driving Instructor training course is ideal for highly motivated individuals who want to enhance their professional skills and train for the job they want! This Driving Instructor course also suits people aspiring for some in-depth knowledge on this topic and keep up to date with the latest information.
Study the Driving Instructor course today and increase your professional skillset from the comfort of your home!
There are no formal entry requirements for the Driving Instructor course, with enrollment open to anyone! Anyone and everyone with a knack for learning can enrol on this course without any hesitation.
Learn online from any internet device, including your computer, tablet or smartphone. Study when it suits you and complete the Driving Instructor course at your own pace.
All students must have a passion for learning and literacy, as well as being over the age of 16.
Learners will be able to seek a variety of promising and exciting careers after completing this Driving Instructor course, such as —
- Driving Instructor
- Truck Driving Trainer
- LGV trainer
These job opportunities usually pay between £10,000 - £30,000 a year on average.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.