Essential Site Skills Ltd
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now Enquire for business
Enquiring for your team?
Get in touch with the course provider to understand what training they can offer you.
This highly popular Driving Goods Vehicle Level 2 Certificate has been designed for professional goods drivers in the logistics sector. It will enable drivers to demonstrate that they have the skills and knowledge to carry out their roles to a professional standard, and is recognised by employers throughout the UK.
This qualification is fully funded for anyone that is currently employed, has been made redundant within the last 3 months, or is at risk of redundancy.
Employers and learners must be based within the Coventry and Warwickshire area to be eligible.
Successful completion of this NVQ leads to a Level 2 Certificate in Driving Goods Vehicles. This is a Government funded nationally-accredited qualification – which means that if you are eligible the NVQ is completely free.
Benefits of studying with Essential Site Skills.
- Wide range of funding for eligible learners
- Gain a vocational qualification valued by UK employers.
- Highly experienced and qualified training staff
- Dedicated tutor and account manager for point of contact
- Free additional online and telephone customer support.
All courses are subject to availability, so apply today to secure your place.
The Level 2 NVQ in Driving Goods Vehicles qualification specifies a combination of units that need to be achieved for the individual to be awarded the qualification, you will discuss and agree which pathway and units you wish to complete with your assessor.
Available NVQ pathways:
Level 2 NVQ in Driving Goods Vehicles – Articulated or Draw Bar Vehicle
Level 2 NVQ in Driving Goods Vehicles – Van
Level 2 NVQ in Driving Goods Vehicles – Rigid Vehicle
Level 2 NVQ in Driving Goods Vehicles – Motor Cycle / Pedal Cycle
Learners and employers can choose from a variety of units available from the optional pathways to make up the remaining credits for the qualification.
Who is this course for?
This work-based qualification is aimed at learners who are working, or want to work, in driving goods vehicles such as motor and pedal cycles, vans, rigid vehicles and articulated or drawbar vehicle types.
It could lead to employment as a courier, large goods vehicle driver, motorcycle courier or van driver.
To be eligible for a free qualification you must be:
- Either Employed, been made redundant within the last 3 months or at risk of redundancy
- Employer or learner based in Coventry or Warwickshire
- 19 or over at the start of the current academic year 31st August
- Resident of England only and does not cover Northern Ireland or Wales
- UK or EU resident of three years or longer or outside of the EU be able to provide Visa Evidence
Learners may have the opportunity to progress in their careers to a more senior role and move on to a level 3 qualification.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.