According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), over 1 million people around the world die in road accidents every year. Many of these deaths are preventable. Road safety should be an ongoing concern for anyone who drives a vehicle.
In this course, you will learn how to stay safe in a variety of driving situations, including adverse weather conditions and driving in other countries. You will also learn how to keep your vehicle in a roadworthy condition and how to ensure that you are fit to drive.
What's Covered in the Course?
- The vehicle checks you must carry out on a regular basis to keep your vehicle in good working order, and how to identify the signs that indicate a serious problem warranting professional attention.
- The effects of alcohol, recreational drugs, tiredness, prescription medications, and medical conditions on your ability to drive in safety. You will learn how to assess these risks and take the necessary steps in keeping yourself and others safe.
- How to drive safely in wet, icy, snowy, foggy, and hot weather conditions.
- How to lend assistance at the scene of an accident, the information you will need to pass on to the emergency services, and how to use the DRABC protocol to offer assistance to casualties.
- What you need to consider when preparing to drive abroad, including adjustments you may need to make to your vehicle. You will also learn why driving conditions are especially dangerous in some countries.
Benefits of Taking This Course
- Anyone who drives a vehicle on the road, including learner drivers, will benefit from this course as it offers universal road safety advice.
- If you are helping someone else learn to drive, this course will enable you to pass on valuable road safety advice.
- This course offers insight into the causes of traffic accidents, which is useful to anyone working in the emergency response sectors.
- If your job entails a considerable amount of driving, this course will enable you to take better care of your company vehicle and carry out your role in a safe and efficient manner.
- If you work with adults experiencing health problems, this course will give you an insight into the factors that may have an impact on their ability to drive. This will enable you to offer them guidance as to whether they should continue to operate a vehicle.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 5 and 60 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: Vehicle Maintenance
- Module 2: Driving and Health
- Module 3: Driving in Adverse Weather Conditions
- Module 4: Helping at the Scene of an Accident
- Module 5: Driving Abroad
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.