Driver Safety Awareness Certificate – CPD Certified
According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), over 1 million people around the world die in road accidents every year. Many of these deaths are preventable. Road safety should be an ongoing concern for anyone who drives a vehicle.
In this course, you will learn how to stay safe in a variety of driving situations, including adverse weather conditions and driving in other countries. You will also learn how to keep your vehicle in a roadworthy condition and how to ensure that you are fit to drive.
You Will Learn:
- The vehicle checks you must carry out on a regular basis to keep your vehicle in good working order, and how to identify the signs that indicate a serious problem warranting professional attention.
- The effects of alcohol, recreational drugs, tiredness, prescription medications, and medical conditions on your ability to drive in safety. You will learn how to assess these risks and take the necessary steps in keeping yourself and others safe.
- How to drive safely in wet, icy, snowy, foggy, and hot weather conditions.
- How to lend assistance at the scene of an accident, the information you will need to pass on to the emergency services, and how to use the DRABC protocol to offer assistance to casualties.
- What you need to consider when preparing to drive abroad, including adjustments you may need to make to your vehicle. You will also learn why driving conditions are especially dangerous in some countries.
Benefits of Taking the Course:
- Anyone who drives a vehicle on the road, including learner drivers, will benefit from this course as it offers universal road safety advice.
- If you are helping someone else learn to drive, this course will enable you to pass on valuable road safety advice.
- This course offers insight into the causes of traffic accidents, which is useful to anyone working in the emergency response sectors.
- If your job entails a considerable amount of driving, this course will enable you to take better care of your company vehicle and carry out your role in a safe and efficient manner.
- If you work with adults experiencing health problems, this course will give you an insight into the factors that may have an impact on their ability to drive. This will enable you to offer them guidance as to whether they should continue to operate a vehicle.
Module 1: Vehicle Maintenance
Module 2: Driving and Health
Module 3: Driving in Adverse Weather Conditions
Module 4: Helping at the Scene of an Accident
Module 5: Driving Abroad
Who is this course for?
There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds.
Driver Safety Awareness Certificate is designed for anyone who wants to learn how to stay safe in a variety of driving situations, including adverse weather conditions and driving in other countries.
Our Course is fully compatible with PC’s, Mac’s, Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone devices. Now more than ever people are using the internet while on the move so our course has been designed to be fully compatible on tablets and smartphones so you can access your course on wifi, 3G or 4G.
There is no time limit for completing this course, it can be studied in your own time at your own pace.
All tests are online and are taken either during or after the course, these are included in the price.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.