Ridgeway Training Limited
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
Driver CPC is compulsory periodic training for vocational drivers, introduced to improve fuel efficiency, road safety and to promote vocational driving as a career within the EU.
Bus and coach (PCV) drivers who hold a relevant vocational licence (D, D1, D+E and D1+E) gained before 10 September 2008, (including restricted vocational licence D(101) issued after 1991 and D1(101) issued before 1997) and lorry (LGV) drivers who obtained their licence (C, C1, C+E and C1+E) before 10 September 2009, do not need to take the initial qualification. This is because they are deemed to hold 'acquired rights'.
However, drivers are still required to complete 35 hours of periodic training over a 5 year period, ongoing. When a driver completes a 7 hour module this is uploaded to the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA). Once all 35 hours have been completed drivers will then receive their Driver Qualification Card (DQC). Drivers can check their training progress at the gov.uk website.
- EU drivers’ hours rules and working time regulations
- Use of the recording equipment (analogue and digital tachograph)
- Domestic regulations and record keeping requirements
- Enforcement practices and procedures
- Penalties for non-compliance in relation to both driver and vehicle operator
- 7 hours Driver CPC training
Why Ridgeway Training?
- Over 25 years industry knowledge and experience
- OCR approved centre for over 20 years'
- JAUPT approved Driver CPC training centre, No. AC02015
- Training rooms with large interactive screens and voting software, fully engaging candidates and adding to the overall training experience.
- Quiet, rural location with excellent transport links nearby.
- Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme (FORS) Associate
Who is this course for?
Drivers of HGV / LGV