Add to basket or enquire
If you are into helping others –you are a perfect fit for domiciliary care.
Learn all the skills, provide care and support others needs with this complete Domiciliary Care course. Gain hands-on learning on how to take care of the service taker, do their personal care work, household tasks; prepare meals or help them in any kind of activity so that they can live happy and healthy lives in their home through this handy course.
Develop your knowledge on infection prevention, resuscitation, keep people safe and secure with expert knowledge. Learn proper medication management, and administer them correctly time to time.
Develop a strong focus on the detailed work so that you can help them maintain their independence and the family carer/member can stay tension-free. Get efficient, provide hourly care, care at home or visiting care at convenience. It will help you be efficient personally and professionally at the same time!
Join now! Be skillfully trained, stay compassionate toward others!Learning Outcome
Get introduced to all the skills required to carry out your job proficiently with this comprehensive Domiciliary Care course. Learn in detail of
- Health and Safety for Domiciliary Carers
- CSTF Infection Prevention and Control
- CSTF Resuscitation - Basic Life Support
- Medication Management and Administration
- CSTF Information Governance
- CSTF Conflict Resolution
- Mental Health Care
****Course Curriculum ****
Module 01: Introduction to Domiciliary Care
- What is Domiciliary Care?
- Roles and Responsibilities of a Domiciliary Carer
- Career Progression and Scope
Module 02: Health and Safety for Domiciliary Carers
- Management of Health and Safety
- Moving and Handling
- Moving and Handling Arrangements
- Moving and Handling Equipment
- Key Points to Consider
- Slips, Trips and Falls
- Controlling the Risk
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR)
- What is RIDDOR?
- Why report?
- What must be reported?
- Types of reportable injury
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations
- Choosing control measures
- Waste Management
- Handling waste
Module 03: CSTF Infection Prevention and Control
- Colonisation and infection
- How is MRSA spread?
- Preventing the spread of MRSA
- Blood Borne Viruses
- How are BBV’s Spread?
- Preventing the Spread of BBV’s
- Hand Hygiene
- Good Hand Hygiene Practice
- Spillages and Body Fluids
- Sharps Management
- Good Practice in the Safe Management of Sharps
Module 04: CSTF Resuscitation - Basic Life Support
- National Early Warning Score (NEWS)
- How NEWS Works
- SBAR for Care Workers
- Basic Life Support and CPR
- Assessing a Casualty
- Performing CPR
- Chest Compression
- Rescue Breaths
- Automatic External Defibrillators
Module 05: Medication Management and Administration
- General Support
- Procedure for General Support
- Medication Administration
- Procedure for the Safe Administration of Medication
Module 06: CSTF Information Governance
- Caldicott Principles
- The Confidentiality Model
- Information Security
- Record Management
- Disclosing Information with Appropriate Care
Module 07: CSTF Conflict Resolution
- Effective Communication
- How do We Communicate Effectively?
- Handling Violence & Aggression
- Informal Approaches
Module 08: Mental Health Care
- Mental Capacity Act & Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS)
- Working within the Act
- What is DoLS?
- The Acid Test
- Dementia Awareness and Care
- Person-centred Care
- Care Coordination
- Interventions to Promote Cognition, Independence and Wellbeing
After completing all the modules of the Domiciliary Care course, your learning will be assessed by an automated multiple-choice based exam. You may choose to participate in a Mock Exam before attending the course completion Final Exam with no extra cost.
Now you can get the PR Officer Completion Certificate from Skill Up at a 50% reduced price. The PDF version is for only £4.5 (Previously £9) and the Hard Copy is for only £7.5 (Previously £15), while both version will cost you £12 (Previously £24) only.
Who is this course for?
Existing professionals or newbies who work in this field can amplify their skills & knowledge of this topic with our internationally-recognised Domiciliary Care training, and it could make all the difference in escalating your career graph.
We know what Modern Online Learners are looking for – flexibility and accessibility. All of our courses are crafted and designed with those two words in mind. Grab a smart device or log in to your desktop to access our premium course contents. Don’t worry, our expert tutors and student assistants will be there for round the clock.
If you desire to learn and climb the ladder of success with your learning, we won’t ask for any specific prior education or experience. Enrol now in Domiciliary Care and start your learning journey.
- No formal qualifications required, anyone from any academic background can take this course.
- Access to any internet-enabled smart device.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.