Add to basket or enquire
Our Domestic Plumbing Diploma is endorsed by the leading national awarding organisation Quality Licence Scheme (ABC Awards), for its high-quality and non-regulated provision and training programmes. The Domestic Plumbing Diploma is also accredited by CPD, with 150 CPD points available to you as proof your achievement.
Are you interested in kickstarting a career as a plumber? Are you unsure where to start or which training course to take? If so, the Domestic Plumbing online training course from One Education is the perfect first step on the ladder to success.
The Domestic Plumbing course has been designed to give you a complete overview of what it takes to become a professional plumber. Explore the UK standards for plumbing and learn about the basic components of plumbing with the Domestic Plumbing training course. The Domestic Plumbing course will fully prepare you for what is expected of you as a domestic Plumber.
Split over 13 in-depth units, the Domestic Plumbing course has been created by our team of experts to allow you to explore what it takes to become a Plumber. Understand the plumbing tools you will need to use as a plumber, as well as the principles of an effective plumbing system with the Domestic Plumbing training course. The Domestic Plumbing course will prepare you for a range of jobs including a self-employed plumber or even a plumber on a construction site. Enrol on the Domestic Plumbing course today and learn the skills you need to set yourself up for a lifelong career.
What Will I Learn From This Domestic Plumbing Diploma:
- Explore the UK standards for plumbing
- Learn about the basic components of plumbing
- Understand the plumbing tools you’ll have to use as a professional Plumber
- Gain an understanding of the principles of an effective plumbing system
- Explore the home plumbing system
- Study plumbing fixtures and central heating systems
- Learn about the domestic cold water system
- Discover the plumbing materials and skills you will need as a professional Plumber
Why People Enrol this Domestic Plumbing Diploma From One Education:
- Receive an ABC Awards-endorsed certificate upon successful completion of the Domestic Plumbing Diploma
- Learning materials of our Domestic Plumbing Diploma comprises of engaging voiceover and visual elements for your comfort
- Get 24/7 access to all Domestic Plumbing Diploma course content for a full year
- Complete the Domestic Plumbing Diploma at your own pace
- Each of our students gets full tutor support on weekdays (Monday to Friday)
- Efficient assessments and instant results upon completion of our Domestic Plumbing Diploma
We’ve taken this comprehensive Domestic Plumbing Course and broken it down into 10 manageable modules which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of this skills. It really is a sure pathway to success.
This course is designed with the following modules:
Module 1: The UK Standards for Plumbing
- What Is An Approved Plumber?
- Water Supply Regulations
- External Pipework
- Polyethylene Pipes
- Unplasticised PVC Pipes
- Steel Pipes
- Iron Pipes
- Stop Valves To Premises
- Drinking Water Tap
- General Requirements
Module 2: The Basic Components of Plumbing
- Pex Pipe
- Steel Pipe
- Supply Fittings
- Copper tees
Module 3: The Plumbing Tools
- Pressure Tester
- SDS Drill
- Immersion Heater Spanner
- Basin Spanner
Module 4: Principles of Effective Plumbing Systems
- Liquid waste disposal goals
- Plumbing Goals
Module 5: The Home Plumbing System
- The Home Plumbing System
- Water Supply System
- Drain-Waste-Vent System
Module 6: Domestic Cold Water System
- Cold Water System Components
- Copper and Plastic Pipes
- Lead Pipes
- Cold Feed
- The Warning Pipe
- Types of Cold Water System
- Advantages and Disadvantages of the Direct System
- Cold Water Systems in Multi-Storey Buildings
Module 7: Plumbing Fixtures
- Choosing a New Toilet
- How to Remove a Toilet
- Kitchen Faucets
- Choosing a New Kitchen Faucet
- Bathroom Faucets
- How to Install a Single-body Faucet
- Alcove Bathtubs
- Tips for Installing Bathtubs
- How to Install a New Alcove Tub
- Sliding Tub Doors
- Jetted Tub
- Flushing Options for Urinals
- How to Install a Urinal
- Integral Vanity Tops
Module 8: Central Heating Systems
- The boiler size
- The header tank
- Motorised Valve
- Open vented system layout
Module 9: Understand Domestic Cold Water System
- Types Of Cold Water System
- Pipe Sizes For The Direct System
- Pipe Sizes For The Indirect System
- Direct Boosting Systems
Module 10: Plumbing Installations
- Install DWV Pipes for the Tub & Shower
- How to Connect Drain Pipes to a Main Waste-Vent Stack
- How to Install the Water Supply Pipes
- Half Bath
- Tips for Plumbing a Kitchen
- Air Admittance Valves
Module 11: Hot Water System
- Open Vented Direct Hot Water Storage Systems
- Direct System Hot Water Storage System with Electric Immersion Heater
- Instantaneous Hot Water Heaters
Module 12: Plumbing Repairs
- Common Toilet Problems
- Minor Adjustments
- Quick Fixes
- Reset Tank Water Level
- Main Stacks
- Supply Pipes
Module 13: Plumbing Materials & Skills
- How to Cut Rigid & Flexible Copper Pipe
- How to Take Apart Soldered Joints
- How to Solvent-Glue Rigid Plastic Pipe
- Working with Outdoor Flexible Plastic Pipe
Module 14: Glossary and Appendix
- Definition of the Terms Used in the Course
- Appendix: Metric Conversion Charts
How is the Domestic Plumbing Diploma assessed?
To simplify the procedure of evaluation and accreditation for learners, we provide an automated assessment system. Upon completion of an online module of our Domestic Plumbing Diploma, you will immediately be given access to a specifically crafted MCQ test. The results will be evaluated instantly, and the score displayed for your perusal. For each test, the pass mark will be set to 60%.
When all tests have been successfully passed, you will be able to claim a certificate endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards. ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality License Scheme is a respected global brand name in the education sector.
Endorsed Certification from ABC Awards
After successfully completing the Domestic Plumbing Diploma, learners will be able to order an endorsed certificate as proof of their new qualification. Endorsed certificates can be ordered and get delivered to your home by post for only £109. There is an additional £10 postage charge for international students.
CPD Certification from One Education
After successfully completing the MCQ assessment of this Domestic Plumbing Diploma, you will qualify for the CPD Certificate from One Education, as proof of your continued professional development. Certification is available in PDF format, at the cost of £9, or a hard copy can be sent to you via post, at the cost of £15.
Who is this course for?
This Domestic Plumbing Diploma is suitable for anyone interested in working in this sector or who simply wants to learn more about the topic. If you’re an individual looking to excel within this field then Domestic Plumbing Diploma is for you.
The Domestic Plumbing Diplomais open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Ernest Taffy asked:
Can you explain what do they mean by duration 7 hours.When does it start and when does it end and what happens if it ends before i finish
Dear Ernest, Thank you very much for your query. The estimated course duration is 07 hours of continuous study. However, you will get one year access to the course after purchasing, and you can complete it anytime within a year. You can study the course at a convenient time. Stay Safe Stay Healthy.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is this course completely online? Obviously in the times we are in I’m looking for a course I can complete from home. Thanks Kris
Dear Kris, Thank you for contacting us. All of our courses are online courses. All of our course materials are online, and you can study everything online as well. Stay Safe Stay Healthy.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is it £12 pound for the whole course or for each module
Dear Peter, Thank you for contacting us. The price of the course is £12 at the moment, and this is for the whole course. Stay Safe Stay Healthy.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.