Add to basket or enquire
This Domestic Plumbing and Heating Installer Online Course suitable for anyone who wants to become a plumber or domestic heating installer. Through the course you’ll receive all the basic domestic heating and plumbing training you need to start work in the industry.
The Domestic Plumbing and Heating Installer Online Course starts with the basics including how to use copper fittings and pipework, install hot water cylinders and water tanks, airing cupboards and install a bathroom suite complete with hot and cold pipework, sanitation plus install and connect central heating radiators. You will also test and purge domestic gas installations, work on combustion, flue and ventilation controls for gas appliances, install gas pipework and domestic gas appliances including cookers, fires and boilers and the commissioning and servicing of domestic gas appliances.
Highlights of the Domestic Plumbing and Heating Installer Online Course:
- Learn the principles of accurate plumbing systems in no time flat.
- Identify your plumbing system including the primary components that need to consider.
- Discover the UK standards for plumbing and know what it takes to promote a successful and profitable plumbing business.
- Understand different plumbing tools, plus the common elements needed for the job done.
- Get a thorough understanding of domestic cold water system.
- Extend your knowledge of central heating systems including the construction, inspection and testing or maintenance of central heating systems.
- Raise your mindfulness of electrical principles and cable termination.
- Explore the hot water system and the tasks involved in installing, maintaining or repairing unvented hot water systems.
Why People Love And Enrol The Domestic Plumbing and Heating Installer Course From One Education
- Eligibility for an IAO & CPD-accredited certificate on successful completion of Domestic Plumbing and Heating Installer Course
- Learning materials of our Domestic Plumbing and Heating Installer course contains engaging voiceover and visual elements for your comfort
- Freedom to study at your own pace
- 24/7 access to the Domestic Plumbing and Heating Installer course materials for 12 months
- Full Tutor support on weekdays (Monday – Friday)
This Domestic Plumbing and Heating Installer Online Course is designed with the following modules:
Domestic Plumbing and Heating Installer Online Course
Module 1: Principles of Effective Plumbing Systems
- Water supply goals
- Liquid waste disposal goals
- Plumbing Goals
Module 2: Plumbing System
- Know Your Plumbing System
- Supply systems
- Drainage systems
- Water system jargon buster
- The Domestic Plumbing System (US Standard)
- The supply side: Water comes in
- Drain, waste, and vent: Water goes out
- The main stack
- Septic systems: Don’t mess with them!
Module 3: Know the Basic Components
- Supply Tubes
- Supply Fittings
- Drain and Vent Fittings
Module 4: UK Standards for Plumbing
- What you need to do
- What is an approved plumber?
- What happens next?
- Water Supply Regulations
- General Requirements
Module 5: Plumbing Tools
- Pipe cutters
- Telescopic tube cutter
- Adjustable spanner
- Adjustable pipe wrench
- Slip joint pliers
- Mole grips
- Blowlamp and gas
- Pipe bender
- Junior hack saw
- Spirit levels (large, medium and small)
- Allen keys
- Pipe deburred
- Drain rods and accessories
- Soldering pad
- Radiator key
- Radiator spanner
- Sabre saw
- Long-nosed pliers
- Magnetic level
- Gas meter box key
- Stubby screwdriver
- Long Philips head screwdriver
- Tape measure
- Knee pads
- Stop cock key
- Stanley knife
- Claw hammer
- Open-ended spanner set
- File set
- Pressure tester
- Inspection camera
- Cordless combi drill
- Circular saw
- SDS drill
- Pipe freezer spray
- Angle grinder
- Immersion heater spanner
- Basin spanner
Module 6: Domestic Cold Water System
- Cold Water System Components
- Types of Cold Water System
- The direct system of cold water
- Pipe sizes for the direct system
- Advantages and disadvantages of the direct system
- The indirect system of cold water supply
- Pipe sizes for the indirect system
- Cold water systems in larger dwellings and high-rise properties
- Cold water systems in multi-storey buildings
- Direct boosting systems
- Direct boosting to a drinking water header and duplicate storage cisterns
- Indirect boosting to a storage cistern
- Indirect boosting with a pressure vessel
- The system layout features of cold water systems fed from private water supplies
- Pumped supply with pressure control
- Pumped supply with level control
Module 7: Central Heating Systems
- The Boiler
- The boiler size
- Type of fuel
- SAP rating
- Types of boiler
- Other components of the central heating system
- Fitting the components together to make Central Heating Systems
- Open vented system layout
- Sealed central heating system layout
- Sealed system using a combination boiler
Module 8: Hot Water System
- The types of hot water supply systems used in dwellings
- Domestic hot water system installation
- Choosing the right hot water system
- Centralised systems
- Open vented hot water storage systems
- Direct open vented hot water storage systems
- Indirect open vented hot water storage system
- Factors affecting hot water type selection
- Key point
- Gas-fired instantaneous multi-point hot water heaters
- Gas or oil fired combination boilers
Method of Assessment
To assess your learning, you have to participate in an automated multiple choice question exam. You have to score at least 60% to pass the exam and to qualify for
CPD accredited certificates. After passing the exam, you will be able to apply for a certificate.
In addition, to enhance the depth of your knowledge regarding the course and further assess your learning, you are advised to complete the assignment questions provided at the end of the course, which you can complete anytime you wish. After submitting the assignment, our expert tutor will assess your assignment and will give you feedback on your performance.
Once you have finished the Domestic Plumbing and Heating Installer course, you will be eligible to apply for a CPD & IAO-accredited certificate as proof of your new skills and your continued professional development. Certificates are available as a PDF for £9, or you can request a hard copy to be sent in the post for £15.
Who is this course for?
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this Domestic Plumbing and Heating Installer Online Course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and an accredited qualification attesting to your knowledge.
The Domestic Plumbing and Heating Installer Online Course is open to all, with no formal entry requirements. All you need is a passion for learning, a good understanding of the English language, numeracy and IT, and to be over the age of 16.
This Domestic Plumbing and Heating Installer Online Course is compatible with all kinds of devices and the age requirement for this Domestic Plumbing and Heating Installer Online Course is 16. So, basically, everyone can take this course to acquire Domestic Plumbing and Heating Installer Online Course skills that are necessary.
Studying the Domestic Plumbing and Heating Installer course is designed to help you get the job of your dreams, or even that promotion you’ve been waiting for a long time. Learn the essential skills and knowledge you need to exceed in your professional life with the help & guidance from our Domestic Plumbing and Heating Installer course.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Is this one done at home and the test pls or do you have to go somewhere to take the test , ta Gary
Dear Gary, Thank you for contacting us. All our courses are online courses. All our course materials are online and you can study everything online as well. Therefore, you can do the courses from anywhere in the world. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi How many attempts you provide in case somebody fail the exam or test?
Dear Agbwada, Good morning. You can take the mock exam for three times and the final exam for one. In case you fail to complete the final exam on the first try, you can retake the final exam up to three times. Stay Safe Stay Healthy.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.