Add to basket or enquire
This hands-on-guide shows you how to put Django and jQuery together in the process of creating an AJAX application. In this book, they are brought together in a real-world scenario, with attention to usability, to build and develop an AJAX application.
The first two chapters provide a short and necessary introduction to the world of Django, jQuery, and AJAX; and the remaining chapters are based on a case study that will make you realize the immense potential and benefits of integrating Django and jQuery with your AJAX application.
By the time you are done with this book, you'll be developing your AJAX applications with Django and jQuery in less time than you can say "integrate".
After working through this book, you will have both an AJAX application and a deep understanding that you can use to customize, extend, and further develop it in your organization.
This book has been written and tested for Django v 1.2.3 and jQuery v 1.4.4.
What You Will Learn
- Learn how and why, for certain kinds of web development, Django is more 'Pythonic' than Python
- Understand whet the XMLHttpRequest Object is and how to implement it in various browsers
- Learn account creation and login creation using AJAX
- Build forms using Django models
- Embed jQuery auto-complete plugins in your Django templates
- Validate form input on the server side using AJAX
- Integrate jQuery sliders into your Django template
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.