Add to basket or enquire
People with disabilities represent a large untapped labour pool, offering valuable skills, qualifications and assets for employees, yet they continue to be restricted when it comes to participating in the workforce.
Disability crosses all barriers and it’s important that employers and businesses begin to increase their standards of diversity to include employees with disabilities. By removing unfair discriminatory barriers and making reasonable accommodations for their needs, employers can benefit from the skill sets that people with disabilities offer.
This course aims to help you and your business understand the benefits of recruiting and hiring individuals with disabilities and guide you in opening your application process to all possible candidates.
What's Covered in the Course?
- About the barriers that people with disabilities face when looking for employment
- What the benefits of employing staff with disabilities are
- The role that HR plays in recruiting and hiring people with disabilities
- About recruitment strategies that can help increase your access to potential applicants
- Tips on interviewing people with disabilities
- About proper disability etiquette in the workplace
Benefits of Taking This Course
- You will learn how to remove discriminatory barriers in your workplace by making reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities
- You will be able to increase the variety of skills in your workplace by ensuring that all potential candidates are able to apply
- Your staff will benefit from increased productivity, creativity and diversity
- You will be able to provide a wider range of services
- You will be better equipped to deal with disability awareness, both in the workplace and society
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 5 and 60 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 01: Introduction to Disabilities in the Workplace
- Module 02: The Role of HR in the Recruitment of People with Disabilities
- Module 03: Ensuring Access for Applicants with Disabilities
- Module 04: Interviewing People with Disabilities
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major devices and browsers
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.