International Career Institute
Add to basket or enquire
ICI’s counselling and psychology course allows you to achieve a very rewarding career in a rapidly growing profession. You can find many opportunities to work in established institutions and companies as well as help people cope with personal and professional difficulties. We offer you a course developed and conducted by qualified professionals who are highly experienced and successful in the field.
Module 1: Introducing Counselling Skills
Module 2: Personal Development
Module 3: Taking Care of Yourself
Module 4: Maintaining Good Practice
Module 5: Being a Listening Helper
Module 6: Qualities, Skills, and Knowledge for Listening
Module 7: Recognising Your Own Barriers to Listening
Module 8: Establishing a Helping Relationship
Module 9: Counselling Practise 1: Beginning the Discussion
Module 10: Counselling Practise 2: Deepening Understanding
Module 11: Counselling Practise 3: Working with Action and Endings
Module 12: Being Prepared for Common Personal Problems
Module 13: Understanding People from a Social Perspective
Module 14: Understanding Individuals from a Psychological Perspective
Module 15: Coping with Different Types of Helping Conversations
Module 16: Dealing with Difficulties
Module 17: Key Counselling Skills
There is a huge demand for counsellors today and this is supported by credible reports. In the recent years, employment in this field increased by more than 50% and it is expected to grow even more. With an ICI counselling and psychology education, you will be confident in joining organisations of any scale and specialisation. You can also set up your own practice in time.
Our graduates have been proven to be efficient in performing as:
1. Counsellors (family/grief/education/conflict)
2. Welfare and social workers
4. Sports coaches
5. Life coaches
6. Personal trainers
7. Rehabilitation and health care administrators
8. Mental health institute staff
9. Sales and marketing associates
10. Industrial relations and management staff
This entire course is carried out via Distance Learning (also known as correspondence learning). Distance learning is ideal if you need to adapt around work, family, or other commitments. It is also extremely beneficial should you simply wish to fast track your studies (and career) and not be locked into a timetable.
Places are limited, in demand and entry into the course is on a first come first served basis.
• Free up valuable time, don't wast time and money travelling to classes
• Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
• Study a course that was designed in consultation with the industry
• Have access to a tutor who works in the industry you are training for
• Easy interest free payment plans from as low as £25 per week
How to obtain more information & apply?
For more information about this course please enquire via the enquiry form now.
This course has no pre-requisites. Anyone of any background can take this course.
- Operating Your Own Counselling Practice
- Careers Counsellor or Adviser
- Drug and Alcohol Counsellor
- Family and Marriage Counsellor
- Rehabilitation Counsellor
Starting salaries for counsellors may be in the region of £20,000 to £26,000. Private practitioners charge around £30 to £50 per hour. With experience and supervisory responsibilities, counsellors can earn £30,000 to £40,000.
Certificate of completion is included in course price