Staff Training Solutions
Add to basket or enquire
*** 4 Courses Bundle***
**FREE Strategic Planning Course**FREE Recruitment Skills Course** FREE COVID-19 Course**
Diploma in Employment Law Level 5. CPD Accredited Employment Law Certificate with 130 CPD points available with no extra study. This Employment Law course comes with easy to understand e-learning study materials.
We’re proud to offer a dynamic range of online training courses for employers and employees at all levels. This Employment Law course is ideal for business owners, managers, supervisors and team leaders. Enrol online and gain access to the following benefits:
- A detailed introduction to the essentials of employee law every employer in the UK must have a thorough understanding of.
- The opportunity to ensure your business meets its legal obligations to its workforce, while maximising employee welfare standards.
- An affordable training opportunity for key members of the workforce at all levels – particularly leadership figures and HR workers.
- No fixed study schedules or deadlines - enjoy the freedom to study from any location at a time and pace to suit your schedule.
- Access to our dynamic digital learning platform, where you can access your course materials and assignments 24/7 from any connected device.
A thorough understanding of employment law is essential for all employers operating in the United Kingdom. This exclusive online course has been designed to provide business owners, managers and leadership figure with a detailed overview of employee rights and entitlements.
Why Students prefer this Employment Law Diploma from STS:
- Fully Endorsed Employment Law Course
- Employment Law Specialist Tutors
- Employment Law course does not expire till you successfully complete it
- The option to take study breaks at any time at no extra cost
- No deadlines, no time restrictions and no fixed schedules
- All required study materials and supporting documentation included as standard – no additional costs or expenses at any time.
- Online assessments to test your new skills and knowledge
- The opportunity to enhance and improve your CV and career prospects.
- The opportunity to study from any location in the world.
*** 3 Free Gifts included in this Employment Law Course ***
***FREE Strategic Planning Course***
This Free Strategic Planning course covers the following topics:
- Pyramid Structure
- Identifying Our Values
- Creating Value Statements
- Designing Our Vision
- Performing a SWOT Analysis
- Setting Goals
- Goals with SPIRIT
- Establishing Priorities
- Problem Solving in Action
- Gathering Support
- Making the Change
***FREE Recruitment Consultant Course***
This Free Recruitment Consultant course covers the following topics:
- An Introduction to Recruitment
- The UK Recruitment Industry
- The Structure of the Industry
- Executive-level recruitment
- Middle to Senior Management
- Permanent Staffing Solutions
- What Is The Recruitment Process?
- How Do I Become A Successful Recruiter?
***FREE COVID-19 Course***
This Free Covid-19 course covers the following topics:
- What Are Coronaviruses?
- What is COVID-19?
- What Are the Symptoms of COVID-19?
- Is it a Cold, the Flu or COVID-19?
- Mild vs Severe Infection
- How to Protect Others from COVID-19
- Do I Need to Wear a Facemask?
- Caring for Someone with Coronavirus at Home
***This offer ends soon***
With no deadline or time restrictions, our online training courses are suitable for even the busiest schedules. Whether new to UK employment law or looking to refresh your knowledge, this endorsed program comes highly recommended.
Over the course of 13 modules, key topics covered include employee contracts, recruiting new employees, workplace health and safety, grievance handling, absence management, dismissal procedures and many more besides.
Take better care of your employees and ensure your business meets it legal obligations to its workforce. Enrol online / contact our team anytime to learn more.
- Full Tutor Support
- Self paced, no fixed schedules
- Available to students anywhere in the world
- 24/7 Access to the LMS ( Learning Management System )
- Easy to understand quality e-learning study materials.
- Online course materials
- Question papers
- Additional Supporting Material
- Useful Links
Each of the 13 modules in this Employment Law training course concludes with an online assessment in multiple-choice format. Topics covered include the following key knowledge areas:
Unit 1 - Introduction to UK Employment Laws
- The Legal Framework
- Common Law
- The Effects of the EU Withdrawal on Employment Law
- Worker Types in the United Kingdom
- Employment Courts in the United Kingdom
- Employment Tribunals
- Common law courts
- ACAS Arbitration Scheme
Unit 2 - Recruiting New Employees
- Define the Position – Write a Job Description
- Attracting Candidates - Prepare a Job Advertisement
- Create a Well-Organized Application Form
- Carry out Short-Listing
- Schedule and Conduct Interviews
- Making Accommodations for Candidates who are Disabled
- On the Actual Day
- Carry out Evaluation Tests
- Candidate Selection
- Make An Induction Plan
Unit 3 - Employment Contracts
- Accepting a Contract
- Conditions of the Contract
- Collective Agreements
- Written Statement of Employment Particulars
- The Principal Statement
- Working in a Foreign Country
- The Wider Written Statement
- Issues with a Written Statement
- Contract Types and Responsibilities of the Employer
- Contracts for Full-Time and Part-Time Work
- Fixed-Term Contracts
- Agency Staff
- Contractors, Consultants, and Freelancers
Unit 4 - Rights During Employment
- Working Hours
- Benefits and Salary
- Minimum Annual Leave
- Sick Pay
- Maternity Leave
- Paternity Leave
- Leave For Adoption
- Leave for Parents
- Time Off For Dependents
Unit 5 - Training and Development
- Determine Your Needs
- Make a strategy for meeting the identified needs
- Responsibility for Implementation
- Training Courses - Target Audiences
- Business Outcome
- Costs and Resources required
- Assess the Development Process
Unit 6 - Managing Absence
- Points to Remember
- Keeping Track of and Monitoring Absenteeism Rates
- Patterns of Absence
- Causes of Absence
- Dealing with Absence
- Procedures for Reporting
- Statement of Fitness for Work – ‘Fit Notes’
- Sick Leave Pay
- Short-Term Absence
- Long-Term Absence
- Dismissal Alternatives
- Dealing with Absence as a Conduct Issue Using the Disciplinary Procedure
- Illnesses Associated With Pregnancy
- Disability Discrimination Legislation
- Mental Health/Stress
- Procedures to Assist in Absence Management
Unit 7 - Health and Safety
- Legal Requirements
- Costs and Benefits
- Benefits of Good Health and Safety
- Reporting and Auditing
- Small and Medium-Sized Organisations
- Core Actions
- Writing a Health and Safety Policy
- Managing the risks
- Identify the Hazards
- Who might be Harmed?
- Evaluate the Risks
- Keep a Journal of your Findings
Unit 8 - Dealing with Grievances at Work
- Following the Acas code of practise
- Grievance procedure
- The grievance hearing
- Employers' decisions and appeals
- Grievance meetings
- Appealing a grievance decision
Unit 9 - Workplace Discrimination
- Types of discrimination
- You’re protected from discrimination:
- Anti-discrimination measures
- Discrimination can happen in a variety of ways
- Discrimination in the workplace
- An Employer’s Perspective
- Discrimination in the hiring process
- Rights of people with disabilities
- Making reasonable adjustments
- Retirement and redundancy
Unit 10 - Dismissal at Work
- Dismissal: From the Perspective of the Employee
- Notice period
- Getting your dismissal in writing
- Reasons you can be dismissed
- Different Types of Dismissal
- Dismissal, both fair and unfair
- Fair dismissals
- Constructive dismissal
- Wrongful dismissal
- Serious misconduct
- Gross misconduct
Unit 11 - Drugs and Alcohol Issues
- Creating a Policy
- What information must be conveyed?
- Sample Policy
- Support or Discipline?
- Performance and Behaviour
- The Initial Performance Interview
- Disciplinary Procedures
- Health and Safety
- Treatment Considerations
- Workplace Testing for Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Points to remember
- When can You Test?
Unit 12 - Use of Social Media in the Workplace
- Potential Risks to Employers
- Have a Clear Policy
- Monitoring Staff
- Using the Internet
- Social Media
- Using Email
- Dealing with policy violations
Unit 13 - Working with trade unions employers
- Collective bargaining
- Managing the collective bargaining process
- Information to help with collective bargaining
- Unions must be informed and consulted.
- Informing and consulting through a workplace forum
- The advantages of a workplace forum
- A workplace forum can help you:
- The law
- If your company has 50 or more employees
- If you want to formalise your agreement
- Union Membership
- Authorising the check-off
- Stopping the check-off
- Block lists
Who is this course for?
Employment law is something all leadership figures and individuals in a position of responsibility are expected to have a detailed knowledge of. By building an in-depth understand of the main principles of employment law, you have the opportunity to prevent potential legal problems before they occur.
Ultimately, employment law is about safeguarding the welfare of the workforce, while at the same time running a more efficient and compliant business. When employment law is acknowledged, understood and prioritised, everybody wins.
This exclusive Employee Law course is ideal for business owners, managers, supervisors, team leaders and anyone involved in HR or employee welfare.
For more information or to discuss this endorsed Employment Law training course in more detail, contact a member of our admissions team today.
There is no particular entry requirement.
CPD Accredited Employment Law Diploma (issued by CPD Standard Office)
(Hard copy)=£95 + postal charges
Employment Law Course Completion Certificate issued by STS (Courses for Professional Development)
PDF Certificate - FREE
Hard copy - £25 + postal charges
*Postage Charges: National £9, International £15
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.