Add to basket or enquire
Diploma in Poultry Farming - CPD Certified
Our award-winning Diploma in Poultry Farming is our most popular online course for anyone looking to excel in the farming industry.
Structured into 25 Units, packed with expertly-designed online study materials, practical assessments, mock exams, PDF handouts and video lessons, you will learn everything you need to know about Poultry Farming.
Covering all aspects of raising, farming and slaughtering chickens, this Diploma in Poultry Farming course will make you learn about the different breeds of chickens, collecting and selling eggs and organic feeding procedures. After this, you will move onto the biology and life cycle of chickens, characteristics of organic poultry systems, incubation, feeding and potential hazards, and look at the business side of poultry farming, with lessons on pricing, marketing, investment and project organisation.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the characteristics of organic poultry systems
- Learn about the required investment for setting up a poultry business
- Discover the difference between poultry feeding and poultry fattening
- Learn how to market your eggs and poultry meat
- Gain sufficient knowledge of incubation, feeding, diseases, and quality in eggs
- Get a deeper understanding of practical and scientific breeding methods and the various breeds of chickens
Benefits of studying the Diploma in Poultry Farming with Janets include
- Earn a free e-certificate upon successful completion.
- Accessible, informative modules taught by expert instructors
- Study in your own time, at your own pace, through your computer tablet or mobile device
- Benefit from instant feedback through mock exams and multiple-choice assessments
- Get 24/7 help or advice from our email and live chat teams
- Improve your chance of gaining professional skills and better earning potential.
Diploma in Poultry Farming - CPD Certified
The Diploma in Poultry Farming - CPD Certified course is delivered through our online learning platform, accessible through any internet-connected device. There are no formal deadlines or teaching schedules, meaning you are free to study the course at your own pace.
You are taught through a combination of
- Video lessons
- Online study materials
- Mock exams
- Multiple-choice assessment
************************** Course Modules **************************
Poultry in the UK
- Characteristics of Organic Poultry Systems
- Main Issues for Consideration
- Feeding Organic Poultry
- The Growing Bird
- Slaughter Ages
- Killing and Processing Poultry
- Financial Data
- HOW MUCH INVESTMENT IS REQUIRED IN THE POULTRY BUSINESS?
- WHAT BRANCH OF THE POULTRY BUSINESS?
- THE IMPORTANCE OF POULTRY
- WHERE TO LOCATE
- THE DOLLAR HEN FARM
- DIFFERENCE BETWEEN POULTRY FLESH AND POULTRY FATTENING
- MARKETING POULTRY CARCASSES
- QUALITY IN EGGS
- MARKETING ORGANIZATION FOR EGGS
- BREEDS OF CHICKENS
- PRACTICAL AND SCIENTIFIC BREEDING
- EXPERIMENT STATION WORK
- POULTRY ON THE GENERAL FARM
Upon successful completion of this Diploma in Poultry Farming course, you will be able to obtain your course completion e-certificate free of cost. Print copy by post is also available at an additional cost.
Who is this course for?
Diploma in Poultry Farming is suitable for anyone who want to gain extensive knowledge, potential experience and professional skills in the related field. This is a great opportunity for all student from any academic backgrounds to learn more on this subject.
There is no specific requirements for our Diploma in Poultry Farming course. It is compatible and accessible from any device including Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Tablets etc. The Diploma in Poultry Farming course requires a moderate Internet connection so it is possible to start learning with any type of Internet from anywhere at any time without any limitations.
As a new entrant to farm management, you can expect to begin as an assistant or by managing an enterprise, such as a dairy unit. With experience, you can progress to more responsibility and management. Eventually, with this Diploma in Poultry Farming course, you could be responsible for overseeing the work of several farms, all specialising in different aspects of farming.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Marthe TSOGO asked:
I would like to register to this course at the discounted price of £21.00
Hi Marthe, Thanks for reaching out. You can easily register for the course by purchasing this course from the course page. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Ali Fawad asked:
Do I need to go somewhere to give the final exam or that’s too online like mock exam? What is the pass number to get the certificate
Dear Ali, You don't have to go anywhere to attend the exam. Both the mock and final exams are online and are included within the course. You can sit for the exam anytime after completing the course. The pass mark is 60% for all the courses and you will be assessed automatically right after the exam and provided with the result right away. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.