Diploma in Painting and Decorating
- Exam(s) / assessment(s) is included in price
Painting and decorating skills are very useful, especially for interior designing. Painting walls, furniture and other parts of house or building could make a big difference visually. It would even be better looking if you add decorative ornaments since it would enhance its aesthetics. All of these and more will be provided in this two-in-one course designed for people who are interested in painting and decorating. You will also learn how to market your business through portfolios, flyers, and cards to be able to get potential clients for painting and decorations. If you have the passion for interior painting and designing, then you might want to consider learning through this complete diploma course in painting and decorating.
- Safety Tips for Painting
- Interior Painting
- Painting your Interiors
- Walls and Ceilings
- Windows and Doors
- Applying Wallpaper
- Exterior Painting
- Product Selection
- Application Tips & Techniques
- Priming & Staining
- Working over a ground color
- Building Up: Oil & Acrylic
- Surface Mixing
- HOW TO REARRANGE A ROOM
- HOW TO ANALYZE A ROOM AS PROFESSIONALS DO BEFORE YOU
- HOW TO CREATE A ROOM
- HOW TO DETERMINE CHARACTERS OF HANGINGS AND FURNITURES-COVERING FOR A GIVEN ROOM
- CANDLESTICKS, LAMPS, FIXTURES FOR GAS AND ELECTRICITY, AND SHADES
- WINDOW SHADES AND AWNINGS
- TREATMENT OF PICTURES AND PICTURE FRAMES
- TREATMENT OF PIANO CASES
- TREATMENT OF DINING-ROOM BUFFETS AND DRESSING-TABLES
- TREATMENT OF WORK TABLES, BIRD CAGES, DOG BASKETS AND FISH GLOBES
- TREATMENT OF FIREPLACES
- TREATMENT OF BATHROOMS
- PERIOD ROOMS
- PERIODS IN FURNITURE
- CONTINUATION OF PERIODS IN FURNITURE
- THE GOTHIC PERIOD
- THE RENAISSANCE
- FRENCH FURNITURE
- THE PERIODS OF THE THREE LOUIS
- THE MAHOGANY PERIOD
- THE COLONIAL PERIOD
- THE REVIVAL OF DIRECTOIRE AND EMPIRE FURNITURE
- THE VICTORIAN PERIOD
- PAINTED FURNITURE
- TREATMENT OF AN INEXPENSIVE BEDROOM
- TREATMENT OF A GUEST ROOM (Where economy is not an item of importance)
- A MODERN HOUSE IN WHICH GENUINE JACOBEAN FURNITURE IS APPROPRIATELY SET
- UNCONVENTIONAL BREAKFAST-ROOMS AND SPORTS BALCONIES
- TREATMENT OF A WOMAN’S DRESSING-ROOM
- THE TREATMENT OF CLOSETS
- TREATMENT OF A NARROW HALL
- TREATMENT OF A VERY SHADED LIVING-ROOM
- SERVANTS’ ROOMS
- THE BABY’S ROOMS: THE DAY ROOM, THE NIGHT ROOM
- ROOMS FOR THE ELDERLY
- A YOUNG GIRL’S ROOM
- THE YOUNG BOY’S ROOM
- TABLE DECORATION
- WHAT TO AVOID IN INTERIOR DECORATION: RULES FOR BEGINNERS
- FADS IN COLLECTING
- WEDGWOOD POTTERY; OLD AND MODERN
- ITALIAN POTTERY
- VENETIAN GLASS, OLD AND MODERN
John Academy: A Great Place to Learn for Everyone, Forever
Expert Authors: We select authors with expertise and experience of training professionals. Our authors are industry experts, academics, authors, face-to-face trainers or online trainers; most often they have a combination of these backgrounds
Engaging Content: Our succinct, bite-sized and business-focussed course materials are designed to deliver the most effective training for you. Each course is made up of modules, manageable learning chunks of text, images, videos and tasks.
Why choose us?
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- All the study materials are available in your student portal including videos tutorials.
- One of the most successful online education platforms in the UK.
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- You will have unlimited access to online learning platform in 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in 12 Months.
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognised accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of applying for NUS Extra Discount Card;
- 24/7 student support.
- Technical supports and live chat service for your inquiries. This is very helpful for international learners.
- Excellent and flexible mentor supports by our team of experienced tutors/trainers via email.
- At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful.
- Before sitting for your final exam you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam.
- After you have successfully passed the test, you will be able to obtain an Accredited Certificate of Achievement. You can however also obtain a Course Completion Certificate following the course completion without sitting for the test. Certificates can be obtained either in hard copy at a cost of £39 or in PDF format at a cost of £24.
- PDF certificate’s turnaround time is 24 hours and for the hard copy certificate, it is 3-9 working days.
Who is this course for?
- Artists or painters who want to venture in home painting and decorating
- People who have an interest in professional painting and designing
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
The Diploma in Painting and Decorating is a useful qualification to possess, and would be beneficial for the following careers:
- Creative Art Worker
- Portrait Specialist
- Professional Art Maker
- Visual Artist.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.