Academy for Health & Fitness
Add to basket or enquire
This Diploma in Occupational Therapy will help you understand the fundamentals of occupational therapy and acquire the necessary skills.
You can complete this course in just 2 hours and get a certificate. This Diploma in Occupational Therapy is designed by industry experts and teaches you the topics from scratch.
Our exclusive Diploma in Occupational Therapy follows an advanced curriculum that breaks down the topics in 3 easy-to-understand modules.
These modules will help you understand all the aspects of Occupational Therapy. You can study at your own pace and you will have complete 24/7 access to the course. The course is accessible via any modern device that has an internet connection.
Our expert instructors are available on weekdays to listen to any of your queries via email and help you achieve your goals.
After you successfully complete the Diploma in Occupational Therapy you will receive a certificate of achievement which will fast-track your career and will showcase your expertise on this topic.
Please note that this online training course does not entitle you to practise as a recognised occupational therapist. If you are looking for a course to comply with HCPC’s requirements, please contact the relevant authority.
Key Topics to Be Covered in This Diploma in Occupational Therapy
- Occupational therapy: a general introduction
- The role & responsibilities of an occupational therapist
- The functions of the blood and immune system
- Common developmental disorders and conditions
- An in-depth look at Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
Learning Outcomes of This Diploma in Occupational Therapy
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of what works in occupational therapy involves
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the function of the blood and immune systems
- Identify the different developmental disorders that occupational therapists treat
- Understand how personal, psycho-social development & health factors influence the activity
- Learn the skills to effectively assess a patient’s physical and mental abilities as a professional occupational therapist
Gain the relevant skills and knowledge of Occupational Therapy and learn how to provide support to injured, ill or disabled patients with carrying out their day-to-day activities, with the Diploma in Occupational Therapy. This occupational therapy course is designed to provide aspiring health and social care professionals with in-depth knowledge of the topic.
Skills You Will Gain from This Diploma in Occupational Therapy
- Interpersonal & communication
- Patience & determination
- Actively listening
Topics to be Covered:
- About the Course & Instructor
- What is Occupational Therapy?
- Knowledge & Skills for Occupational Therapy
- Working with Adults
- Working with Children
- The Structure & the Functions
- The Blood & the Immune System
- What is ‘Brain Injury’?
Topics to be Covered:
- Developmental Disorders & Conditions
- Physical Disabilities
- The Use of Creative Activities
- Management & Leadership Skills
- Building Confidence & Self-Esteem
- Dealing with Depression
- Professional Development
- Personal & Academic Development
Topics to be Covered:
- Alternative Career Options
- A Theory of Human Need for Occupation
- Occupations for Health & Wellbeing
- Coping Strategies (stress)
- Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs
- Thank You & Good Bye!
Once you have completed the modules in the course, your skills and knowledge as an occupational therapist will be tested with an automated multiple-choice assessment, after which you will receive instant results.
Showcase Your Accomplishment of New Skills: Get a Certification of Completion
Upon passing the assessment, you will receive a proper certification in occupational therapy that is recognised all over the UK as well as internationally. The PDF certificate is free of cost which you can download instantly upon completing the assessment or you can order it via online. You can also receive an original printed copy of the certificate for showcasing your achievement anywhere and everywhere, which will be sent to you by post. The postage fee for this printed copy is only £5.99, with no additional fees or expense.
Who is this course for?
Is This Diploma in Occupational Therapy Course Right for You?
This introductory training course is useful for anyone aspiring to work in health and social care, in particular, occupational behaviour therapy. It is also ideal for professionals who are new to the occupational therapy field and wish to test their existing skills and knowledge. There are no specific entry requirements for this course, which can be studied on a part-time or full-time basis.
An up-and-coming occupational therapist in the UK earns £26,565 to £35,577, with the opportunity to earn £31,696 to £41,787 with experience. Once you have completed this course and passed the assessment, you too will receive an accredited certification to showcase your expertise in this field.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Kimberley Galbraith asked:
What will happen if you fail the assessment? Is there an opportunity to re-try? Thanks
Hi Kimberley, Thank you very much for your query. If you fail your final exam at the first attempt, you can retake the exam. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Is there a time limit to complete this course?
Hi Eve, Thank you very much for your query. Once you purchase any course from us, you will have one-year access to the course, and you can complete the course anytime within a year. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.