Add to basket or enquire
Diploma in Nutrient Removal - Level 4
Learn all about the Biological Nutrient Removal process that is used widely to remove nutrients such as nitrogen and phosphorus from wastewater, by taking this Diploma in Nutrient Removal – Level 4. This course program aims to help you incorporate the Nutrient removal process to wastewater systems in order to reduce nutrient concentrations on wastewater to safe levels and to avoid scenarios that can present problems for the ecosystem and the civilians. Through the very comprehensive course modules, you will come to realise the importance of the nutrient removal concept and why it has to be followed by every wastewater treatment systems.
The tutors have been very generous in exploring the clean water acts and legislations that has to be followed by wastewater treatment facilities to thrive in the long run. This course will also look into the common wastewater acronyms and terms and the effects of wastewater pollutants for humans, animals and the society as a whole.
The course curriculum will go on to delve into topics such as preliminary treatment, nitrogen control, total dissolved solids, water quality criteria, processed wastewater solids and many more to further build on your nutrient removal knowledge. You will also gain insight into the various nutrient removal technologies that are currently being used worldwide.
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Global Edulink* has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Global Edulink* to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements, which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
*Study365 is an approved reselling partner for ABC Awards courses under Global Edulink
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
- Gain an insight into the common wastewater acronym and terms
- Familiarise with the clean water acts and legislations
- Discover the effects of wastewater pollutants and the importance of nutrient removal from wastewater
- Identify the various nutrient removal technologies used around the world
- Explore topics such as preliminary treatment, nitrogen control, total dissolved solids, water quality criteria, processed wastewater solids and many more
- Examine the process of nitrification and denitrification and the system’s associated with it
- Identify the key design and operational issues related to nutrient removal
- Delve into the concept of wastewater sampling and the two main types of sampling
1. Common Wastewater Acronyms and Terms
2. Clean Water Act Section
3. Effects of Wastewater Pollutants
4. Preliminary Treatment
5. Nutrient Removal Technologies
6. Secondary Clarification Process
7. Total Dissolved Solids
8. Nitrogen Control
9. Processed Wastewater Solids
10. Water Quality Criteria
11. The Micro Life or the Microorganisms
12. Microorganisms in Lagoons
15. Activated Sludge Methods
16. Bacteria Section
17. Filamentous Bacteria
18. Microthrix Parvicella
20. Sphaerotilus Natans
21. Thiothrix I & II
22. Water Quality Trading
24. Activated Sludge Process Section
25. Complete Mix Activated Sludge Process
26. Contact Stabilization Activated Sludge Process
27. Aeration Section
30. Secondary Clarifiers
31. Scum Removal Equipment
32. Review Process Goals
33. Separate Stage Nitrification and Denitrification Systems
34. Key Design and Operational Issues
35. Return and Waste Activated Sludge Systems
36. Rotating Biological Contactors Rbc
37. Emerging Technologies
38. Types of Filters
39. Wastewater Sampling Information
40. Proper Sample Handling
41. Field Equipment Blank Procedure
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
This online course is assignment-based with learners being assessed upon the submission of a series of assignments. Once you successfully submit the assignments, students will gain a professional qualification. The assignments must be submitted to the instructor through the online learning portal. The assignments will be reviewed and evaluated, with feedback provided to the student on how well they have fared.
Please Note: Additionally, a total of £69 is charged for the assessment and certificate, and you need to pay that when submitting your assessments only (It is not required to pay initially upon registering). This payment can be made in 02 installments.
ABC Awards and Certa Awards will provide successful learners with a Certificate of Achievement and a Learner Unit Summary, which lists the units completed by the learner through this course.
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high-quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards, and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
Who is this course for?
- Individuals hoping to gain employment in the wastewater management industry
- Waste Water operators and workers looking to progress onto a more senior role
- Anyone else interested in learning about nutrient removal from wastewater
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification at level 3 or above in any discipline.
- Water Treatment Operator – 23,135 per annum
- Waste Water Plant Operator – 24,366 per annum
- Waste Water Operator
- Sewage Plant Operator
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.