Add to basket or enquire
Diploma in Money and Monetary Policy - Level 3
This course is endorsed under ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme.
Get 2 accredited qualifications in 1 program. The submission of your assessment is compulsory to get your ABC Awards certification. However, if you take a 20 question MCQ examination, you can also receive a free e-certificate from CPD & iAP.
The central bank of any country implements their monetary policy. It is used to influence the money supply. Monetary policies are fundamental to understanding the economics in a country. Gaining a thorough understanding of monetary policies and how it is implemented is now possible by following Diploma in Money and Monetary Policy – Level 3 course. It is designed for learners to understand supply and demand and how money impacts people’s lives. It is a course of great interest for individuals working as finance and economic professionals and would like to enhance their knowledge in the role that monetary policy plays in the economic status of a country.
The course will cover key features such as introducing learners to monetary policies and economic activity, understanding an open economy and how microeconomic policy works, learning about the international monetary system and exchange and interest rates.
The Diploma in Money and Monetary Policy – Level 3 is an in-depth course for individuals who want to gain a comprehensive understanding of the essentials of money and monetary policy. Inflation, recession and unemployment are all economic concepts that affect people in their day to day lives. This thought-provoking course will enable learners to get a good grasp of these concepts and understand how it can influence their business decisions.
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Global Edulink has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Global Edulink to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
We are always thinking of ways in which you can gain the best from our online learning platform. When you enroll with us on this program you will have the opportunity to enroll on a Level 3 course or above for free!!! The courses that you can choose from have been indicated on our suggested course below.
- Diploma in Financial Accounting - Level 3
- Diploma in Investment and Finance - Level 3
- Diploma in Management Accounting - Level 3
- Diploma in Innovation and Small Business Management - Level 3
- Diploma in Banking - Level 3
- Diploma in Business Law - Level 3
- Diploma in Corporate Governance & Business Law - Level 3
- Diploma in Central Banking Monetary Policy - Level 3
- Diploma in Business Ethics and Law - Level 3
- Diploma in Business Ethics and Corporate Governance - Level 3
- Diploma in Business Economics - Level 3
- Diploma in Business and Management - Level 3
- Diploma in Applied Business Analysis - Level 3
- Diploma in Strategic Marketing - Level 3
- Diploma in Cost Analysis - Level 3
- Diploma in Business Information Systems - Level 3
- Diploma in Business Information Management - Level 3
- Diploma in Study Skills - Level 3
- Diploma in Business Management - Level 4
- Diploma in Customer Service - Level 4
- Diploma in Human Resource Management - Level 4
- Diploma in Office Administration - Level 4
- Diploma in Office Administration and Bookkeeping - Level 4
- Diploma in Office Administration and HR - Level 4
- Diploma in Office Administration and Management - Level 4
- Diploma in Office Administration and PA - Level 4
- Diploma in Office Administration and Reception - Level 4
What is covered in this course?
- Gain a clear understanding of monetary policy and how it impacts the economy.
- Learn how an open economy works.
- Learn how to make business decisions based on the state of the economy.
- Learn economic-policy making.
- Gain essentials of microeconomics.
- This academic qualification will enable learners to have the confidence in their skills in their field of study and apply practical knowledge in their job position.
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Course Curriculum : Diploma in Money and Monetary Policy - Level 3
1: Money and Monetary Policy
- Money and Monetary Policy
- Monetary Policy
- Money or Interest Rate Control
- Appendix 1 IS – LM Frame work
2: Monetary Policy and Economic Activity
- Monetary Policy and Economic Activity
- Monetary and Fiscal Policy in the 1970s
- Monetary Policy under Rule or Discretion
- Central Bank Independence and Inflation
- Central Bank Transparency
- Macroeconomic Policy lead in g u p to the Glob al Financial crisis
3: Balance Of Payments and the Exchange Rate
- Balance of Payments and the Exchange Rate
- Current Account
- Financial and Capital Accounts (FCA)
- Financial Account (FA)
- Capital Account (CA)
- UK Balance of payments: a Historical Review
- National Accounts and the Balance of Payments
- Foreign Exchange Market
- Fixe d Exchange Rate
- Other forms of Exchange Rates
- The Real Exchange Rate (RE)
- Marshall – Lerner Condition (ML)
- Purchasing Power Parity (PPP)
- Why Riche r Countries Are More Expensive
- Interest Parity condition (IPC)
- Real Interest Parity condition (RIPC)
- Appendix to Chapter 3 Forward Exchange Rate
4: Macroeconomic Policy in an Open Economy
- Macroeconomic Policy in an Open Economy
- Monetary and Fiscal Policy under a Fixed Exchange Rate Regime
- Monetary and Fiscal Policy under a Floating Exchange Rate
- Effects of a permanent fiscal Expansion
- Long Run Effects of a permanent increase in Money Supply
- Overshooting Exchange Rate
- The Current Account Balance
- International Capital Mobility (ICM)
5: Fixed Exchange Rates, Central Bank Intervention And Regional Currency Arrangements
- Fixed Exchange Rates, Central Bank Intervention and regional Currency Arrangements
- Fixed Exchange Rates and Devaluation
- Speculative Attack and Capital Flight
- Regional Currency Arrangements (RCA)
- Optimum Currency Area (OCA)
- The Role of the Central Bank
- EMU Asymmetric Business Cycles
6: Global Financial Instability
- Global Financial Instability
- The Asian Financial Crisis
- Global Financial Crisis and the Policy Response
- The Euro-Crisis
7: Global Capital Flows and Financial Instability
- Global Capital Flows and Financial Instability
- Foreign Exchange Markets
- The Tobin Tax
- Capital Account Liberalization
- Hedge Funds
- Capital Controls: Comparative Analysis
8: International Monetary System
- International Monetary System
- Bretton Woods System 1944–1973
- After Bretton Woods
- What has been happening to exchange rates in a floating world?
- The future of the American dollar
- The Role of International Organizations
- Corruption and the Global Economy
- Global Governance
9: Developing Countries and International Institutions
- Developing Countries and International Institutions
- Trade liberalization
- The effectiveness of Structural Adjustment Programs
10: End Notes
Method of Assessment
In order to complete the Diploma in Money and Monetary Policy – Level 3 successfully, all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Your instructor will review and evaluate your work and provide your feedback based on how well you have completed your assignments.
Please Note: Additionally, £159 (Inc. VAT) is charged for assessment and certificate and you need to pay that when you are submitting your assessments only (It is not required to pay initially when you are registering). This payment can be paid into 04 installments when you are submitting your assessments.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
Course Code: QLS-04465
Accredited Body (Accreditation)
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
While the submission of your assignment is compulsory for you to get your ABC Awards accredited certification, you can also receive another CPD & iAP accredited, free e-certificate if you take a 20 multiple choice exam.
Who is this course for?
- Entrepreneurs and Economists
- Financial Professionals
- Business Consultants
- Professional learners, undergraduate students
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification at level 2 or above in any discipline.
- Financial Manager
- Financial Analyst
- Business Consultant
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Hi, Please what sort of level 2 required? Is business analysis level 5 accepted? Thanks a lot! R
Dear Richard Thank you very much for your query. Yes you can. That is accepted as well. Regards, Student Support Team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.