Diploma in Mental Health Support Worker - CPD & IAO Accredited
Mental health problems can occur to anyone, but in order to help those affected by it you need to be a lot more careful. This Diploma in Mental Health Support Worker can help you take care of someone with mental health issues during their psychological and emotional highs and lows, be it professionally or for a special someone in your life.
The course is divided into three modules each corresponding to mental health basics, mental health of children, and mental health support worker. Initially you are introduced to mental health basics, discovering resiliency and nurturing healthy relationships. Next you focus on children’s mental health basics, how to nurture positivity & confidence, discover more about birth defects and behaviour disorders and much more. Finally you look into what it takes to be a mental health support worker by understanding roles, tasks, required training and career pathways you can take.
This type of job could prove to be extremely satisfying as you are making a difference in the lives of others in need, and if you get this course now you can get started with that immediately.
Why choose us?
- Study in a user-friendly, advanced online learning platform;
- All the study materials are available in your student portal including videos tutorials.
- One of the most successful online education platforms in the UK.
- Affordable, engaging & high-quality e-learning study materials;
- You will have unlimited access to online learning platform in 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in 12 Months.
- Efficient exam systems for the assessment and instant result;
- The UK & internationally recognised accredited qualification;
- Access to course content on mobile, tablet or desktop from anywhere anytime;
- The benefit of applying for NUS Extra Discount Card;
- 24/7 student support.
- Technical supports and live chat service for your inquiries. This is very helpful for international learners.
- Excellent and flexible mentor supports by our team of experienced tutors/trainers via email.
Module 1: Mental Health Basics
- Mental Health Basics
- Are you Resilient
- Take Good Care of Yourself
- Healthy Relationships
- Risk Factors
- When Do You Need to See a Professional?
Module 2: Mental Health of Children
- Children’s Mental Health Basics
- Nurturing Positivity And Confidence
- Recognize Changed Behaviour In Your Child
- About Birth Defects
- About Behavior Disorders
- Mental Health Games For Children
- Make Sure You Take Care Of Yourself As Well
- Wrapping Up
Module 3: Mental Health Support Worker
- Role and tasks
- Role Clarity
- Training, career pathway and pay
- Worker satisfaction
John Academy: A Great Place to Learn for Everyone, Forever
Expert Authors: We select authors with expertise and experience of training professionals. Our authors are industry experts, academics, authors, face-to-face trainers or online trainers; most often they have a combination of these backgrounds
Engaging Content: Our succinct, bite-sized and business-focussed course materials are designed to deliver the most effective training for you. Each course is made up of modules, manageable learning chunks of text, images, videos and tasks.
Assessment and Certification:
Upon completion of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and the results will be given to you immediately. Before sitting your final exam you will have the opportunity to test your proficiency with a mock exam. After you have successfully passed the final exam, you will be able to order an Accredited Certificate of Achievement at an additional cost of £24 for a PDF copy and £39 for an original print copy sent to you by post.
Who is this course for?
- Professionals who are helping people suffering from mental issues
- People who have an interest in the personal mental development
- This course is available to all learners, of all academic backgrounds.
- Learners should be aged 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Good understanding of English language, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
Diploma in Mental Health Support Worker course is a useful qualification to possess, and would be beneficial for the following careers:
- Mental Health Support Worker
- Home Care Taker
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
James Campbell asked:
Please what level is the diploma? And what is the accreditation?
Hi James, Thanks for your query. This is our stand alone level 3 qualification which is certified by CPD Qualification Standards and IAO accredited. This is not comparable with other levels set by other bodies. The course conforms to the universally accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) standards, IAO and Code of Learning. CPD and IAO are recognised nationally across the UK and internationally around the world. Regards, Help DeskThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Bolaji Folarin asked:
How long is the duration of this training please?
Hi Bolaji, Thank you for your question. If you were to complete this course in one sitting, it should take you 15 hours. We give you one-year access to your course so you are able to complete the course at your own pace, in your own time. Regards, Help DeskThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.