This Medical Secretary Course is endorsed by TQUK, an established Ofqual-regulated Awarding Organisation which assures your qualification is professional and recognised. This course is also accredited by CPD and 10 CPD points available without any further studies.
Nowadays, well-trained medical secretaries are in high demand and play a vital role within a clinical team.
The Diploma in Medical Secretary course introduces you to the essential skills that all medical secretaries must possess to be successful in their field.
Throughout this Diploma in Medical Secretary course you’ll be able to understand the medical office procedures and gain the knowledge required to work as the first point of contact for patients, provide accurate and timely information and perform office administration tasks such as correspondence, filing, report writing and telephone support.
Upon successful completion of the Diploma in Medical Secretary course, you’ll be able to perform necessary duties such as scheduling appointments, managing the facility’s database and medical records and updating patient information. Enhance your skills, boost confidence and improve job opportunities by enrolling the Diploma in Medical Secretary today.
Highlights of the Diploma in Medical Secretary:
- Be efficient to complete a complex array of administrative and technical tasks.
- Gain all the necessary skills needed to act as a link between patient and doctor.
- Explore the most fundamental way of medical billing and coding, compiling confidential letters, and typing reports for patient records.
- Be able to assist with medical journals and keep the office running efficiently.
- Learn to handle appointment scheduling in the most timely and accurate manner.
- Understand the importance of effective communication methods in the medical sector.
- Gain a firm understanding of the highly professional medical terminologies.
Why Choose this Diploma in Medical Secretary Course:
- This best ever Diploma in Medical Secretary course is suitable for anyone interested in working in this sector or who simply wants to learn more about the topic. If you’re an individual looking to excel within this field then Diploma in Medical Secretary is for you.
- We’ve taken this comprehensive Diploma in Medical Secretary course and broken it down into several manageable modules which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of the Medical Secretary. It really is a sure pathway to success.
- All our courses offer 12 months access and are designed to be studied at your own pace so you can take as much or as little time as you need to complete and gain the qualification.
- We pride ourselves on having friendly and experienced instructors who provide full weekday support and are ready to help with any of your queries. So, if you need help, just drop them an email and await a speedy response.
This Diploma in Medical Secretary course is designed with the following modules:
Module 1: Medical Secretary Introduction
- What is a Medical Secretary?
- Responsibilities of a Medical Secretary
- Personal Qualities and Skills
- Pay and Opportunities
- What is The Workplace of a Medical Secretary Like?
- Entry Routes and Training
- Rehabilitation of Offenders Act
Module 2: Receptionist Training for Medical Secretary
- What Does a Receptionist Do?
- How to Be the Best Receptionist Ever!
- Record Keeping and General Administration
- Information Technology (IT)
Module 3: Communication
- Use of Questions in Communicating
- Methods of Communication
- Barriers to Communication
Module 4: Medical Audio Transcription
- What is Medical Audio Transcription?
- Basic Requirement of Audio Transcriptionists
- Dictation Do’s and Don’ts for Medical Transcription
Module 5: Medical Volunteer Training
- What Is Medical Volunteering
- Categories of Medical Volunteering
- How You Can Benefit
- Local Volunteering Opportunities
- International Volunteering Opportunities
Module 6: First Aid Training
- Definition of First Aid
- Occupational Accident Prevention Onboard
- Emergency Alerts and Communication Means
- Basic Rules during an Emergency and Urgency Situation
- Some Quick Basics of First Aid
Module 7: Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
- History of Anatomy
Module 8: Medical Terminology
- Medical Terminology
- Root Words
Module 9: Management of Medical Records
- What is Medical Records Management?
- What are An EMR and EHR?
- Basic Objectives of Maintaining Medical Records
- Who has Access to Medical Records?
- Top Ten Tips for – Total Medical Record Keeping
- Care while Issuing certain Medical Records
- Benefits of Medical Records Management
- Risks of Unmanaged Medical Records
Module 10: Medical Insurance, Billing and Coding
- Medical Insurance
- Medical Billing
- Why are Medical Billing Training and Certification Important?
- Precautions of Medical Billing
- The Medical Billing Process
- What is Medical Coding?
- Types of Medical Coding
Module 11: Medical Research
- Clinical Audits
- Clinical Research
- Service evaluation
Module 12: Medical Law and Ethics
- Introduction to Medical Law and Ethics
- How Ethics Define the Law
- The Deeper Aspects of Medical Law and Ethics
- Core Ethical Principles
- Key Concepts in Medical Ethics
- The General Medical Council
- The British Medical Association
- Practical Considerations for Medical Secretaries
Method of Assessment
To assess your learning, you have to participate in an automated multiple choice question exam. You have to score at least 60% to pass the exam and to qualify for TQUK endorsed and CPD accredited certificates. After passing the exam, you will be able to apply for a certificate.
In addition, to enhance the depth of your knowledge regarding the course and further assess your learning, you are advised to complete the assignment questions provided at the end of the course, which you can complete anytime you wish. After submitting the assignment, our expert tutor will assess your assignment and will give you feedback on your performance.
CPD Certification from One Education
After successfully completing the MCQ assessment, you will qualify for the CPD Certificate from One Education, as proof of your continued professional development. Certification is available in PDF format, at the cost of £9, or a hard copy can be sent to you via post, at the cost of £15.
Endorsed Certification from TQUK
Upon successful completion of the MCQ assessment, learners can order their TQUK Endorsed Certification by paying an accreditation fee of £39. International students will be required to pay an additional £10 postal charge.
Total Endorsed Certification Time
The demonstrated time is the estimated time that is expected to be taken by a learner to pursue all the learning outcomes of the course. The Total Qualification Time is comprised of the time a learner will take to cover all the course materials along with the quizzes and assignment completion.
Total Endorsed Certification time for this course is 200 hours.
Guided Learning Hours
The guided learning hours are made up of all real-time contact time and guidance of a learner by OneEducation. This is a self-paced online course. You will get 12 months access to our learning portal, so it can be studied in your own time at your own pace.
GLH for this Endorsed Certification is 25 hours.
Who is this course for?
Whether you’re an existing practitioner or aspiring professional, this Diploma in Medical Secretary course will enhance your expertise and boost your CV with key skills and an accredited qualification attesting to your knowledge.
This Diploma in Medical Secretary is compatible with all kinds of devices and the age requirement for this Diploma in Medical Secretary 16. So, basically, everyone can take this course to acquire Diploma in Medical Secretary skills that are necessary.
Studying this Diploma in Medical Secretary course would benefit a range of careers, but would specifically boost employability in roles including:
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Admin
- Medical Receptionist
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Do I have deadline to complete this course?
Dear Marta, Thanks for the question. After purchasing the course, you will have a one-year access to the course. You can complete the course anytime within a year. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Can this course be completed on a smartphone or tablet; or do you need a laptop?
Dear Kirsty, OUr platform is almost all device friendly. You can use it from all most all major devices including your smartphone (Android and iOS). Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Do I receive a hard copy of the Certificate after completion of the course? Many thanks.
Hi Karolina, Thanks for reaching out. We do provide the hardcopy certificate by post at the end of the course. You will be able to order the certificate at the end of the course. Thanks.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.