The Certificate in Media Studies introduces you to the theories of modern media studies. This course begins by introducing you to the evolution of both media and culture over time, before examining mass media and popular culture. You will look at the development of convergence and established cultural values. You will also gain insight into researching media, and examine some controversies surrounding the field.
The course then introduces you to print media such as books, newspapers and magazines. You will learn about the historical origins of each of these, and how they have evolved over the last century. You will also examine the impact which books, newspapers and magazines have had upon culture, the trends and the issues which affect these media types.
You will look at different music genres, the impact each genre of music has had on culture, trends in the music industry, and the impact which technology has had upon the music industry. You will be introduced to the radio industry and how broadcast radio has evolved and is adapting to technological advances. You will also look at the impact which movies have had upon culture throughout their history. This course will also teach you to examine some of the issues and trends which have been prevalent in the movie industry.
Finally, you will look at electronic games, the Internet, and social media. The historical origins of each will be discussed, and the controversial issues which surround some of their content. You will look at the blurring of the boundaries between games and other types of media. You will look at the evolution of the Internet and gain insight into social media and Web 2.0, and the impact of globalisation on culture and communication.
This online course will be of great interest to professionals working in the areas of media or culture, and would like to learn more about the field. It will also be of interest to learners would like to learn more about entertainment and broadcast media.
How does it work ?
This is a self-study course, students have 100% freedom to complete the course in their own time, there is no time restriction on this course. There is no attendance required for this course. Students can study this course from all over the world as long as they have internet connection. Students from all over the world can apply for this course.
What qualification do I get ?
On the completion of the course, the students will be awarded the
Diploma In Media Studies Level 4 . The Certificate will be sent to successful students within 24 hours.
The course can be completed in a very short time, it totally depends on the life style of the learners. Also, there is no pressure on students to complete the course on fast mode, the course is valid for 12 months, so students can complete the course with complete peace of mind and with no pressure at all.
Course Assessment ( Exam )
There are no written exams for this course. students need to answer 4 assignment ( Home Word ) questions to complete the course, the answers will be in the form of written work. students can write the answers in their own time. Each answer need to be 200 words ( 1 Page ). once the answers are submitted, the tutor will check and assess the work.
The results ( Certificate ) will be issued within 24 hours of assignment submission. 98% of our students pass this course in their first attempt. if students fail, they will be given unlimited chances to resubmit their work without extra charges.
The course is accredited by The CPD Qualifications Group.
This is a self-study course. Students will be provided all the learning text materials to assist them in completing the course. The learning materials will be uploaded to the student online portal and that will be available 24/7. Students can download and read them when ever and where ever they are. The E- books ( PDF Books ) will be of different sizes. Our experts have chosen the right text books for each course. Students can use other books as well in order to assist their course works. Students will have 24/7 access to the course materials. They can access them learning materials from all over the world as long as they have an internet connection.
Having completed this course you will be able to:
– Explain the different ways media affects culture;
– Identify the prominent media research methods;
– Explain some of the major objections to specific media theories;
– Discuss the role of the gatekeeper in mass media;
– Discuss the influence of tastemakers in traditional media;
– Identify the material and cultural origins of the book;
– Determine the benefits and drawbacks of digital libraries;
– Describe the historical roots of the modern newspaper industry;
– Describe the effect of objectivity on modern journalism;
– Describe how television has impacted journalistic styles;
– Explain the impact of advertisements on story;
– Assess the impact of technologies that changed the face of the music industry;
– Identify ways in which culture and music have influenced each other;
– Identify ways in which digital music sales have influenced the music industry;
– Identify the major technological changes in radio since its inception;
– Analyse radio as a form of mass media;
– Identify key developments of the motion picture industry and technology;
– Recognize how movies reflect cultural attitudes, trends, and events;
– Describe the effects of piracy on the movie industry;
– Identify ways in which television affects the development of culture;
– Identify the effect electronic games have on culture;
– Describe how video games can be used for educational purposes;
– Describe controversial issues related to modern video games;
– Identify ways the Internet has affected content delivery and viewing patterns;
– Explain the ways privacy has been addressed on the Internet;
– Describe the effects of globalization on culture;
– Identify the possible effects of news migrating to the Internet;
– Identify ways to identify credible sources online.
No previous knowledge required.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.