Many people may believe that the environmental conditions and safety measures in a laboratory are no more dangerous than a regular working environment. However, significant hazards do exist. The Diploma in Laboratory Safety – Level 4 is designed to introduce learners to laboratory safety procedures such as infectious agents, poisons, explosives, flammable, high temperatures and high voltage. As a result, laboratories must take significant steps to implement precaution and safety control measures.
Individuals following the course will be presented with valuable information such as standard operating procedures, using protective clothing application and personal protective equipment.
The Diploma in Laboratory Safety – Level 4 offers safety procedure training to address safety and every day issues in laboratory environments. Laboratory workers can broaden their knowledge on laboratory safety and recognising emergency situations. This will prompt employees to take proper precautionary measures to protect themselves and co-workers on how to prevent illness, accidents and injuries on the job. By the completion of the course learners will be able to identify laboratory hazards, understand the chemical hygiene plan and how to act effectively in emergencies.
What Will I Learn?
- Introduction to standard operating procedures
- Have a clear understanding of laboratory safety
- Recognise different hazards in a laboratory setting
- Recognise routes of exposure for hazardous substances
- Implement safe work practices for physical and safety hazards
01. Laboratory Safety Introduction
02. The Chemical Hygiene Plan
03. Standard Operating Procedures
04. Personal Protective Equipment Section
05. Protective Clothing Applications
06. Working Alone Policy Example
07. Controlling Chemical Exposures
09. Hazard Communication Introduction
10. What Is The Globally Harmonized System
11. United Nations Globally Harmonized System
12. How Should The Ghs Building Blocks By Applied
13. What Are The Ghs Physical Hazards
14. What Are Bridging Principles
15. Transport And Emergency Responders
16. The New Osha Hazard Communication Standard
17. Highly Toxic Chemicals
19. Spills And Emergency Procedures Policy Example
20. Emergency Response To Chemical Spills And Or Releases
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of assessment
In order to complete the Diploma in Laboratory Safety – Level 4 successfully and gain your professional qualification, all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Your instructor will review and evaluate your work and provide your feedback based on how well you have completed your assignments.
Please Note: Additionally, £179 (Inc. VAT) is charged for assessment and certificate and you need to pay that when you are submitting your assessments only (It is not required to pay initially when you are registering). This payment can be paid into 05 installments when you are submitting your assessments.
Those who successfully completed the course will be awarded the Level 4 Diploma in Laboratory Safety by ABC Awards and a learner unit summary (which contains the details of the units in your course you have completed). This professional qualification will make you an asset to potential employers and your motivation and commitment to excel your skills will be recognised.
Course Code: QLS-04881
Awarding body (Accreditation)ABC Awards is an Ofqual regulated, leading national awarding body which develops diverse, high-quality vocational qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14. Founded in 1998, ABC Awards is a leading national awarding organisation with a long-established reputation for high quality support and services to the educational sector. ABC Awards are committed to helping employers, organisations and learners cultivate the relevant skills for learning, skills for employment, and skills for life. If you gain an ABC Awards accredited qualification with Global Edulink, you will demonstrate a high level of skill, and will come away with many more opportunities open to you.
Who is this course for?
- Job seekers
- Laboratory workers
- Health industry workers
- Anyone willing to gain knowledge in laboratory safety
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification at level 3 or above in any discipline.
- Laboratory Technician – £18,583 per annum
- Laboratory Manager – £30,524 per annum
- Research Laboratory Technician – £20,221 per annum
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.