This suite of Qualifications provides a realistic and broad opportunity for Learners
seeking career and professional development. They will support Learners in realising
their potential and by association the prospects of the organisations they work with or
The objectives of this Qualification are to:
- provide career path support to Learners who wish to develop their care and career opportunities in their chosen sector;
- improve understanding of the health and social care environment, organisation and how they are managed and developed; and
- develop skills and abilities in Learners to support their professional development.
The Qualification provides a rich mix of disciplines and skills development
opportunities. Learners will gain insight into the functioning, objectives and processes
of organisations, appreciating their diversity and the influences and impact of
external forces on them. The fast changing and complex health and social care
environment and different organisation’s ability to stay resilient and respond
positively to change and opportunities will be explored.
Management of a range of health and social care operations and functions and
challenges for organisations will introduce Learners to theory, practice and models
that will provide valuable knowledge and know-how. The issues and concepts dealt
with as part of this suite of Qualifications are best explored through exposure to
organisations, for any full-time Learners work placements are encouraged so that
genuine experience and insight can be gained. Problem solving and creativity are
attributes encouraged and developed in Learners through all the Units.
The Qualifications will develop the Learner’s ability to:
- apply analytical and evaluative techniques and to enhance those skills;
- investigate issues and opportunities;
- develop their awareness and appreciation of managerial, organisational and environmental issues;
- make use of relevant information from different sources;
- develop and encourage problem solving and creativity to tackle problems and challenges;
- exercise judgement, own and take responsibility for decisions and actions; and
- develop the ability to recognise and reflect on personal learning and improve their personal, social and other transferable skills.
There are mandatory and optional units for this Qualification. All units cover a
number of topics relating to learning outcomes.
Learners are required to complete 6 modules to achieve the 60 credits required to
gain the Level 3 Diploma in Business Innovation and Entrepreneurship. Learners will
be expected to attend lectures and workshops that will introduce the subject matter.
Formative assessments (weighted at 0%) may be used in lectures or tutorials to check
knowledge and understanding of specific topics and subject areas. Units require
reflective exam sets and/or summative assessments for marking.
The Diploma requires 3 Mandatory Units and a minimum of 2 Optional Units:
- Innovation for Business: 10 Credits
- English for Business Communication: 10 Credits
- Thinking Entrepreneurially: 10 Credits
- Entrepreneurship and Entrepreneurial Business Planning: 15 Credits
- Entrepreneurial Marketing: 15 Credits
- Entrepreneurial Finance and Accounting: 15 Credits
Who is this course for?
The Qualification has been created to develop and reward business innovators and
entrepreneurs of today and the future, and to continue to bring recognition and
professionalism to a wide range of sectors.
It is envisaged that this programme will encourage both academic and professional
development so that your learners move forward to realise not just their own
potential but also that of organisations across a broad range of sectors.
The Diploma is accredited at Level 3 with a total equivalence of 60 credits. It is
envisaged that learners completing the Level 3 Diploma will progress to the Level 4
Certificate in Business Management.
The candidates will be expected to meet one of the following criteria:
- Level 2 Qualifications; or
- Learners who have work experience in the health and social care sector and demonstrate ambition with clear career goals; or
- Level 3 qualification in another discipline and want to develop their careers in business.
Learners completing the Level 3 Diploma in Business innovation and Entrepreneurship
will be allowed to progress to Level 4 Certificate in Business Management, or the first year of undergraduate study in a related subject; or directly into employment in an associated profession.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.