Whilst the core skills and concepts of management are still very much applicable for a manager in the healthcare industry, there are also some specific areas where managers transferring from other industries may struggle. This qualification considers and addresses these areas, strengthening the learners skill set for a manager position.
The ATHE Diploma in Healthcare Management is a 120 credit qualification. Learners must complete the 6 mandatory units plus a further 4 or 5 optional units.
(Learners must complete six mandatory units totalling 70 credits. They must complete either Managing Finance in the Public Sector or Financial Decision Making for Managers).
- International Healthcare Policy 15 credits
- Managing Quality and Service Delivery 10 credits
- Leadership and Management 15 credits
- Research Project 10 credits
- Personal Leadership and Management Development 10 credits
Choose one from the following:
- Managing Finance in the Public Sector 10 credits
- Financial Decision Making for Managers 10 credits
- Human Resource Management 15 credits
- Project Management 15 credits
- Programme Leadership 10 credits
- Risk Management 10 credits
- Manage Sustainability in an Organisation 15 credits
- Strategic Planning 15 credits
- Managing Stakeholder Engagement 10 credits
- Leading Organisational Equality and Diversity 10 credits
Total : 120 Credits
Who is this course for?
These qualifications provide generic management skills for those planning to or working in the healthcare sector with the addition of units that are specifically targeted at those working in the public sector. The qualifications deliver the skills and knowledge that meet the needs of managers on a domestic and international platform.
- One or two years study of Healthcare Management or related qualifications at a Higher Education Institution
- A level 5 qualification in Healthcare Management or related subjects for example an ATHE Level 5 Diploma in Management for Health and Social Care
- Other equivalent international qualifications
Learners must also have an appropriate standard of English to enable them to access
relevant resources and complete the unit assignments.
Learners may also have relevant work experience.
On successful completion of a Level 6 qualification in Healthcare Management there are a number of progression opportunities.
Learners may progress to:
- Larger qualifications at the same level eg. from an award to a certificate or to the Diploma in Strategic Management or the Diploma in Healthcare Management
- An MBA programme and claim exemptions for some of the units completed.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.