Add to basket or enquire
Diploma in Foreign Exchange Market - Level 3
The certification is endorsed by an ABC Awards (Ofqual regulated awarding body)
Get 2 accredited qualifications in 1 program. The submission of your assessment is compulsory to get your ABC Awards certification. However, if you take a 20 question MCQ examination, you can also receive a free e-certificate from CPD & iAP.
The Diploma in Foreign Exchange Market – Level 3 course is designed for finance and accounting professionals. The course is packed with an overview of the foreign exchange market and is for professionals who are interested in the foreign currency market, and want to scale the learning curve. The goal of the course is to enable learners to understand the fundamentals of the FX market and navigate through a global market around the clock in an efficient manner.
The course will enable learners to set international business objectives, learn how businesses and the government participate in the foreign exchange market, and learn about technical and fundamental analysis to forecast exchange rates and how time zones can impact trading worldwide.
The Diploma in Foreign Exchange Market – Level 3 is a unique course that enables learners to understand currency risk management, and how the currency market plays a significant role in the macro-economy. The course is also highly effective for professionals in many fields to learn the intricacies of how the FX market works and make it an investment and a career standing.
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Global Edulink has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Global Edulink to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
We are always thinking of ways in which you can gain the best from our online learning platform. When you enroll with us on this program you will have the opportunity to enroll on a Level 3 course or above for free!!! The courses that you can choose from have been indicated on our suggested course below.
- Diploma in Financial Accounting - Level 3
- Diploma in Investment and Finance - Level 3
- Diploma in Management Accounting - Level 3
- Diploma in Innovation and Small Business Management - Level 3
- Diploma in Money and Monetary Policy - Level 3
- Diploma in Banking - Level 3
- Diploma in Business Law - Level 3
- Diploma in Corporate Governance & Business Law - Level 3
- Diploma in Central Banking Monetary Policy - Level 3
- Diploma in Business Ethics and Law - Level 3
- Diploma in Business Ethics and Corporate Governance - Level 3
- Diploma in Business Economics - Level 3
- Diploma in Business and Management - Level 3
- Diploma in Applied Business Analysis - Level 3
- Diploma in Strategic Marketing - Level 3
- Diploma in Cost Analysis - Level 3
- Diploma in Business Information Systems - Level 3
- Diploma in Business Information Management - Level 3
- Diploma in Study Skills - Level 3
- Diploma in Business Management - Level 4
- Diploma in Customer Service - Level 4
- Diploma in Human Resource Management - Level 4
- Diploma in Office Administration - Level 4
- Diploma in Office Administration and Bookkeeping - Level 4
- Diploma in Office Administration and HR - Level 4
- Diploma in Office Administration and Management - Level 4
- Diploma in Office Administration and PA - Level 4
- Diploma in Office Administration and Reception - Level 4
What is covered in this course?
- Gain a clear understanding of the concepts of economic globalization.
- Understand how supply and demand impacts forecasting and foreign exchange rates.
- Learn about foreign exchange market participants.
- Gain an understanding of the fundamentals of the foreign exchange market.
- Gain an academic qualification and advance in your educational learning.
Course Curriculum : Diploma in Foreign Exchange Market - Level 3
Module 01: Foreign Exchange Market an Introduction
- Contents Essence
- Learning objectives
- The foreign exchange market in a nutshell
- Organizational structure of the forex market
- Monetary unit
- Foreign exchange and bank deposits
- International spot rate quotation conventions
- Two-way spot prices
- Spread Cross rates
- Spot and derivative forex markets
- Why exchange rates are important.
Module 2: Derivatives Forwards
- Contents Derivatives: forwards
- Learning objectives
- Derivatives markets
- Definition of a forward
- Types of forwards
- Outright forwards
- Forex swaps
- Time options
- Outright forward foreign exchange contracts : functions and pricing
- Hedging an investment
- Covered interest arbitrage
- Principle of interest rate parity and the pricing of forward contracts
- Example of arbitrage opportunity in the forward market
- Forward exchange market
Module 3: Derivatives Futures, Options & Swaps
- Derivatives: futures, options & swaps
- Learning objectives
- Currency futures
- Concluding remarks
- Currency options
- Options on currency forwards
- Options on currency futures
- Options on currencies (currency “physicals”)
- Options on currency swaps (swaptions)
- Currency swaps
Module 4: Risks Other Than Currency Risk & Other Risk Management Tools
- Risks other than currency risk & other risk management tools
- Learning objectives
- Risks other than currency risk in investments
- Interest rate risk
- Market risk
- Credit risk
- Transactions costs
- Settlement risk
- Market size
- Availability and reliability of information
- Valuation of markets
- Trading methods
- Other risk management t
- Currency risk insurance
- Utilization of local loans
- Dual-currency bonds
- Prepayment for exports
- Selective currency pricing
- Risk-adjusted pricing
- “Leads and lags”
Module 5: Participants
- Learning objectives
- Authorized dealer banks
- Foreign exchange brokers
- Foreign banks
- Central bank
- Buyer and seller of foreign exchange
- The desired level of reserves
- Brief overview of reserve management
- Administrator of exchange controls
- Retail clients
- Non - bank authorized dealers
- Corporate sector
Module 6: Effect On Money Stock & Money Market Liquidity
- Effect on money stock & money market liquidity
- Learning objectives
- Money identity
- Money market identity
- Significance of the liquidity shortage
- A concept of bank liquidity: net excess reserves
- Purchases and sales of forex, M3 and the liquidity shortage
- Central bank sells forex to the dealing banks
- The dynamics underlying changes in NFA
- Forward market operations of the central bank
- Forex swaps by the central bank
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
In order to complete the Level 3 Diploma in Foreign Exchange Market successfully all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Your instructor will review and evaluate your work and provide your feedback based on how well you have completed your assignments.
Please Note: Additionally, £159 (Inc. VAT) is charged for assessment and certificate and you need to pay that when you are submitting your assessments only (It is not required to pay initially when you are registering). This payment can be paid into 02 installments when you are submitting your assessments.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
Course Code: QLS-04458
Accredited Body (Accreditation)
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
While the submission of your assignment is compulsory for you to get your ABC Awards accredited certification, you can also receive another CPD & iAP accredited, free e-certificate if you take a 20 multiple choice exam.
Who is this course for?
- Accounting Professionals, Financial Professionals
- Foreign Exchange salespersons
- Business Consultants
- Financial Analysts
- Anyone who is looking to gain a knowledge and skills in Foreign Exchange Market.
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification at level 2 or above in any discipline.
- Accounting Manager
- Business Consultant
- Financial Analyst
- Financial Controller
Others jobs you can get
- Business Advisors
- Non-Profit Employees
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.