South London College
Add to basket or enquire
To our learners
The Corona Virus (COVID-19) outbreak is one of the most potent threats that is endangering human lives every moment. We are indebted to the healthcare workers battling the disease on the front lines with complete self-sacrifice for our wellbeing.
Excavation and trenching are the procedures of digging up and creating excavations in the ground for various purposes. It can be dug up either to install underground infrastructure or to excavate ancient ruins. Either ways, excavation and trenching procedures are risky activities that could turn fatal, which is why South London College has developed this Diploma in Excavation and Trenching – Level 4 to equip you with the relevant knowledge and skills needed to embark on a related career.
This course will extensively educate you on the excavation facts, personal protection systems and excavation and trenching guidelines that has to be followed while digging up the excavations. Since excavation and trenching is highly risky, it is vital for you to be aware of the excavation, trenching and confined space hazards. Therefore, this program has also included a few modules that will focus on this aspect, along with an insight into the irritant (corrosive) atmosphere and soil classification.
The OSHA report that has to be followed by every employers will also be presented through this course, after which you will learn how to successfully handle an OSHA inspection. This course will also explain you about ladder safety, confined space safety, confined space entry program, confined space entry permit and confined space duties and responsibilities and hence, is ideal for anyone wishing to get into or progress within civil engineering or archeology.
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Global Edulink* has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 2 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Global Edulink* to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
Please Note: This Course is Based on USA Standards
Eligible for TOTUM card - TOTUM is the #1 student discount card and app giving you access to exclusive student deals on food and fashion, tech and travel and everything in between.
*South London College is an approved reselling partner for ABC Awards courses under Global Edulink
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
You will be Eligible for 14 days immediate access to an Accredited Course from South London College.
- Check the suitability of the course compared to your requirement.
- Free 14 day temporary access to Study materials and more.
- You can upgrade temporary access to fully paid access at the end of or before 14 days.
- Complete your qualification and upgrade your skills to advance your career
- No Commitment. No Credit Card required for the 14 Days access.
What Will I Learn?
- Learn about excavation facts, personal protection systems and excavation and trenching guidelines.
- Gain insight into excavation, trenching hazards and excavation and confined space hazards.
- Learn about irritant (corrosive) atmosphere and soil classification.
- Have a clear understanding of OSHA report and how to handle an OSHA Inspection.
- Learn about ladder safety and confined space safety.
- Learn about the confined space entry program, confined space entry permit and confined space duties and responsibilities
- Stackable Trench Boxes
- Competent Person
- Personnel Protection Systems
- Commonly Found Hazards
- Soil Classification And Identification
- Protective System Requirements
- Shoring Systems
- Protection Of Employees In Excavations
- Excavation And Confined Space Hazards
- Irritant (Corrosive) Atmospheres
- One-Call Center Or Bluestakes
- General Gas Safety
- Soil Classification Section
- Daily Excavation Checklist Example
- Handling An Osha Inspection
- Osha Inspection Report Example
- Ladder Safety Section
- Confined Space Section
- Confined Space
- Permitted Confined Space Entry Program
- Confined Space Duties
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
In order to complete the Diploma In Excavation & Trenching - Level 4 successfully, all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Your instructor will review and evaluate your work and provide your feedback based on how well you have completed your assignments.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
Course Code: QLS-04878
Awarding Body (Accreditation)
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
Who is this course for?
- Job seekers
- Engineering professionals
- Construction professionals
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification at level 3 or above in any discipline.
- Civil Engineer - £30,742 per annum
- Construction Manager - £41,348 per annum
- Civil Design Engineer - £28,887 per annum
- Construction Foreman - £14.32 per hour
- Engineering Supervisor
Other jobs you can get
- Structural Engineer
- Project Engineer
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.