Add to basket or enquire
Diabetes is a chronic condition that refers to the high levels of sugar in an individual’s blood. There is type 1 and type 2 diabetes. There are appropriate methods of treatment available to control the condition. While treatment can help improve the condition in a patient, it is almost unlikely that it can be cured completely. If you work in the health care sector or medical field, the Diploma in Diabetes Care – Level 3 is a helpful course to give you a greater understanding of diabetes.
The course is extensive and will discuss key topics such as how to identify symptoms, how to find proper treatment methods, dietary considerations, debunking myths related to the diabetes condition and patients living with diabetes.
Diabetes afflicts millions of people around the world and is a leading cause of death. While this condition can be prevented from being fatal, it must be diagnosed in its early stages. If you work in the health care field, acquiring knowledge of diabetes, and how to care for diabetic patients will come in useful. It is a recognised qualification that will give you plenty of opportunities to gain employment in the desired job position.
What will I learn?
- Understand the nature of level 1 and 2 diabetes
- Learn about the symptoms and concerns of diabetes
- Learn how to deal with patients afflicted with this condition
- Gain an understanding of Insulin
- Learn about the complications of diabetes
- Learn about dietary considerations in diabetes patients
- Learn how patients live with diabetes
- What are diabetic emergencies?
1: Understanding Diabetes
2: Different Types Of Diabetes
4: Avoid Diabetes Complications
5: Know The Symptoms
6: Healthy Lifestyles
7: Having A Healthy Life
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of assessment
This online course is assignment-based with learners being assessed upon the submission of a series of assignments. Once you successfully submit the assignments, students will gain a professional qualification. The assignments must be submitted to the instructor through the online learning portal. The assignments will be reviewed and evaluated, with feedback provided to the student on how well they have fared.
Please Note: Additionally, £79 is charged for assessment and certificate and you need to pay that when you are submitting your assessments only (It is not required to pay initially when you are registering). This payment can be paid into 02 installments when you are submitting your assessments.
ABC awards and Certa Awards will provide successful learners with a Certificate of Achievement and a Learner Unit Summary, which lists the units completed by the learner through this course.
Awarding body (Accreditation)
Combining over 180 years of expertise, ABC Awards and Certa awards have set the standards by providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries, along with excellent customer service and quality standards.They are also renowned for offering regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post – 14, which are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
- Written and designed by the industry’s finest expert instructors with over 15 years of experience
- Repeat and rewind all your lectures and enjoy a personalised learning experience
- Unlimited 12 months access from anywhere, anytime
- Save time and money on travel
- Learn at your convenience and leisure
- Practice exams to ensure you are 100% ready
- Eligible for a TOTUM discount card
- Free Career Support Service
- 25% Discount on personal Statement and covering letter writing service
- Free Access to Over 150 courses for 2 days (48 hours)
- Free access to course before you purchase (For selected courses only)
Who is this course for?
- Dieticians, Nutritionists
- Individuals working in the medical field
- Professionals dealing with diabetes patients
- Anyone willing to learn more about diabetes care
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification at level 2 or above in any discipline.
- General Physician – £50,975 per annum
- Registered Nurse – £23,763 per annum
- Dietitian – £25,621 per annum
- Nurse Educator
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.