Add to basket or enquire
The certification is endorsed by an ABC Awards (Ofqual regulated awarding body)
Stand the chance to get a free Level 3 or above course when you enroll with us!!!
Diabetes refer to the chronic condition that implies the unusually high levels of sugar or glucose in the blood of an individual. The lack or absence of insulin that is produced by pancreas or the inability of the body to effectively use insulins produced can be sighted as the main reason for diabetes in people. The main two types of diabetes are the type 1 and the type 2. Following the diagnosis of diabetes, appropriate medications and treatments will be provided to help keep it control. However, no medicine or treatment has been found to entirely get rid of diabetes, and hence, it usually lasts the entirety of a person’s lifetime. The main symptom of diabetes are increased urine output, excessive thirst, hunger, fatigue, slow healing wounds and yeast infections.
Diabetes is considered as one of the leading causes of deaths in the world and plagues more than millions of people worldwide. Proper diagnosis and treatment of diabetes is important in order to prevent it from becoming fatal. Although there is a perceived notion that diabetes is mostly prevalent in the older age groups, it is reported to have affected people in the younger age groups as well. With the increase in the cases of diabetes around the world, it has become important to be aware of diabetes in order to identify it early on and to get the necessary treatments and medications available. Getting educated on diabetes will also immensely benefit in kick starting and progressing in a diabetes related career. With this diploma in Diabetes and children and young people – Level 3, you will adequately made aware on the diabetes condition. You will get to look at the nature of type 1 diabetes, the Identification, concerns and myths related to diabetes and Insulin. You will then be moved on to get an insight into the complications of Diabetes and the dietary considerations for diabetes patients. Get to understand living with and growing up with diabetes through this diploma. Also get an understanding of the diabetes emergencies and about pregnancy with diabetes.
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Global Edulink has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Global Edulink to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
We are always thinking of ways in which you can gain the best from our online learning platform. When you enroll with us on this program you will have the opportunity to enroll on a Level 3 course or above for free!!! The courses that you can choose from have been indicated on our suggested course below.
- Advanced Diploma in Event Planning & Managing - Level 3
- Advanced Diploma in Veterinary Support Assistant - Level 3
- Advanced Diploma in Baking and Cake Decorating - Level 3
- Advanced Diploma in Business Starting Up (Animal Care) - Level 3
- Advanced Diploma in Wedding Planning - Level 3
- Advanced Diploma in Dog Grooming - Level 3
- Advanced Diploma in Dog Behavior and Training - Level 3
- Advanced Diploma in Animal Psychology - Level 3
- Advanced Diploma in Animal Physical Therapy - Level 3
- Advanced Diploma in Animal Care Career - Level 3
- Advanced Diploma in Animal Care and Business - Level 3
- Advanced Diploma in Animal Care - Level 3
- Diploma in Business Management - Level 3
- Advanced Diploma in Diabetes Awareness - Level 3
- Advanced Diploma in Public Relations - Level 3
- Advanced Diploma in Interior Designing - Level 3
What is covered in this course?
- Understand the nature of level 1 diabetes
- Learn about the Identification, concerns and myths related to diabetes
- Gain an Understanding of Insulin
- Gain an insight into the complications of Diabetes
- Get to look the dietary considerations for diabetes patients
- Understand living with Diabetes
- Understand growing Up with Diabetes
- Get an understanding of the diabetic Emergencies
- Gain an insight into pregnancy with diabetes
Module 1: The Nature of Type 1 Diabetes
- What is diabetes?
- What is type 1 diabetes?
- How the pancreas works
- Understanding glucose
- Understanding insulin
Module 2 Identification, concerns and myths
- Recognising the symptoms of type 1 diabetes
- Recognising the symptoms of type 2 diabetes
- Diabetes in babies
- Diabetes in children
- Diabetes in teenagers
- Medic alert
- Diabetes Insipidus (DI)
Module 3: Understanding Insulin
- Understanding insulin and what is needed
- How to administer insulin
Module 4: Complications of Diabetes
- Heart disease
- Diabetic kidney disease (nephropathy)
- Diabetic eye problems
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Susceptibility to infection
- Skin and mouth conditions
- Hearing problems
- Impotence and erectile problems
- High cholesterol
Module 5: Dietary considerations
- Eating diabetic foods
- Sweets and treats
- Experimenting with alcohol
- Understanding carbohydrates
- Fizzy drinks and fruit juices
- The importance of water
- Eating disorders
Module 6: Living with Diabetes
- How the service user deals with the condition
- How the parents/careers deal with a diagnosis
- Caring for children with diabetes
- What teachers need to know about their students?
Module 7: Growing Up with Diabetes
- Living with the condition as theyage
- Problems faced in teenage years
- The limitations of being a diabetic
- Questions that the sufferers ask
Module 8 Diabetic Emergencies
- Having a hypoglycaemic episode
- Having a hyperglycaemic episode
Module 9 Pregnancy
- Teenage pregnancy in a diabetic
- What to consider when deciding to have a baby
- Contraindications of pregnancy
4. Gestational diabetes
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of assessment
In order to complete the Diploma in Diabetes and Children and Young People – Level 3 successfully, all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Your instructor will review and evaluate your work and provide your feedback based on how well you have completed your assignments.
Please Note: Additionally, £159 (Inc. VAT) is charged for assessment and certificate and you need to pay that when you are submitting your assessments only (It is not required to pay initially when you are registering). This payment can be paid into 03 installments when you are submitting your assessments.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
Course Code: QLS-04838
Accredited body (Accreditation)
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
Who is this course for?
- Job seekers
- Professionals dealing with diabetes patients
- Anyone willing to learn more on diabetes in children and young people
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification at level 2 or above in any discipline.
- General physician
- Registered nurse
- Nurse educator
Other jobs you can get
- Eye doctor
- Diabetes awareness coordinator
- Diabetes awareness social worker
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.