Add to basket or enquire
This course is endorsed under ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme.
Stand the chance to get a free Level 2 or above course when you enroll with us!!!
Counselling refers to the situation where a counsellor and a client meet in order to sort out stressful or emotional problems faced by the client. The main goal of counselling is to enable the clients to talk more freely on the issues that trouble them and to instill a positive change and perspective in them. The main foundation of counselling is trust. The counsellors will usually assure you of their policy on confidentiality to win your trust prior to the counselling session. However, they are bound by law to breach that policy if they fear a risk to life.
Counselling is an effective way to help people express themselves more openly and to sort their issues. People usually tend to hesitate to when they are required to confide or express to people they know or interact daily with. However, when it comes to counselling, they get more comfortable expressing themselves as counsellors are professionals and their personal information are safe with them. Though the importance of counselling might not have been recognised earlier, more and more people have stated to realise it and are seeking out to counsellors for help. Though counselling can be done to one’s family or loves ones, professional counselling needs extensive knowledge and training. This diploma in Counselling skills – level 2 will help you master counselling skills in order to embark on a successful career in counselling. You will be taught on how to develop self-understanding and personal qualities. Then you will understand how to identify and access support and to demonstrate counselling skills. Moving on, you will be taught on diversity and ethics along with the core counselling skills and counselling theories through this diploma.
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Global Edulink has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 2 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Global Edulink to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
We are always thinking of ways in which you can gain the best from our online learning platform. When you enroll with us on this program you will have the opportunity to enroll on a Level 2 course or above for free!!! The courses that you can choose from have been indicated on our suggested course below.
- Certificate in Personal Confidence and Motivation - Level 2
- Diploma in Life Coaching - Level 3
- Diploma in Neuro- Linguistic Programming - Level 3
- Diploma in Teaching Assistant - Level 3
- Diploma in Investment and Finance - Level 3
- Diploma in Management Accounting - Level 3
- Diploma in Leadership and Management – Level 3
- Advanced Diploma in Business Administration - Level 3
What is covered in this course?
- Learn how to develop self-understanding and personal qualities
- Understand how to identify and access support
- Gain an insight into the core counselling skills
- Understand the boundaries in counselling relationships
- Understand and demonstrate counselling skills
- Gain an understanding of counselling skills and theories
- Learning diversity and ethics
Unit 1 Developing Self - understanding and Personal Qualities
- Identifying your own values and beliefs
- How values and beliefs could affect helping relationships
- Motivation for helping others
- Blocks to listening and learning
- Benefits of giving feedback for personal development
- Identifying strengths in the helping relationship
- Areas for development
- Developing skills and qualities as a counsellor
- Unit summary
Unit 2 Identifying and Accessing Support
- Support needs for Counsellors
- Accessing support
- Using personal and professional support to highlight issues in counselling
- Observations, thoughts, feelings and concerns when using counselling skills
- Benefits of self - reflection
- Unit summary
Unit 3 Understanding Core Counselling Skills
- Core counselling skills
- Using core skills in counselling
- Effective communication
Unit 4 Understanding Boundaries in Counselling Relation Ships
- Boundaries in counselling relationships
- Objectives of a new helping relationship
- Strategies for ending relationships
- The impact of a helping relationship ending
- Conduct of the counsellor
- Unit summary
Unit 5 Understanding and Demonstrating Counselling Skills
- Counselling skills in a helping relationship
- Commentary from the case study
- Assessment tips
- Unit summary
Unit 6 Understanding Counselling Skills and Theories
- Key elements of counselling theories
- Childhood experiences
- Alfred Adler
- Carl Jung
- Object relations theory and ego psychology
- Key elements of person – centered theory
- Maslow’s hierarchy of needs
- Key elements of cognitive behavioral theory
- B.F. Skinner and operant conditioning
- The ABC Model
- Key differences between theories
- How counselling theories underpin the use of counselling skills
- Unit summary
Unit 7 Understanding Diversity and Ethics
- Ethical frameworks
- Key aspects of ethical frameworks
- How ethical frameworks inform counselling skills
- Experiences of discrimination
- Considering discrimination
- Ant discriminatory practices and legislation
- How diversity impacts counselling relationships
- Addressing differences in counselling skills practice
- 10. Unit summary
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time
Method of assessment
In order to complete the Diploma in counselling skills – level 2 successfully, all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Your instructor will review and evaluate your work and provide your feedback based on how well you have completed your assignments
Please Note: Additionally, £149 (Inc. VAT) is charged for assessment and certificate and you need to pay that when you are submitting your assessments only (It is not required to pay initially when you are registering). This payment can be paid into 02 installments when you are submitting your assessments.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
Course Code: QLS-04837
Accredited body (Accreditation)
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
Who is this course for?
- Job seekers
- Counselling professionals
- Anyone willing to get skilled in counselling
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification in any discipline.
- School counsellor
- Mental health counsellor
- Legal counsellor
- Senior counsellor
Other jobs you can get
- Career and employment counsellor
- Student counsellor
- Rehabilitation counsellor
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
I am interested in the course but not taking the assessments. Is it possible to just buy the course and not take assessments?
Dear Elizabeth Thank you very much for your query. Yes it is. The offer ends on this Friday. So hurry up and get the discount as you will receive 24/7 access for 365 days. Regards, Student Support Team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
How do the assessments work? Do we complete them at a test centre?
Dear Ruth, Thank you for your query. Please note that there are two assignments to be completed to successfully complete the Diploma in Counselling Skills - Level 2. Learners are advised to work on the assignments by their own and to submit it through the online web portal. Upon submission, the tutor will evaluate and give the results via an email. Regards, Student Support TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hi there How long do we have for the course Will a transcript be available Only have assessments to hand in or is there an exam at a location
Dear Leena, Thank you again for your query. The Diploma in Counselling Skills - Level 2 course will be available for you over a 12 month period from the date of purchase of the course. Upon successful completion of the course, learners will receive a certificate and leaner unit summary. You may refer to the course media section to preview the sample certificate and learner unit summary. There are no examinations there are two assignments to be completed. Regards, Student Support TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.