London School of Planning and Management
Add to basket or enquireEnquire now
The objective of this 240 credit Diploma qualification is to provide learners with an excellent foundation for a career in a range of organisations. It designed to ensure that each learner is ‘business ready’: a confident, independent thinker with a detailed knowledge of business and management, and equipped with the skills to adapt rapidly to change.
It provides the core knowledge, understanding and skills to support learners planning to further their studies in computing. It is equivalent to the second year of a degree programme in computing and learners may progress into employment in the sector or into the final year of a bachelor’s degree.
OfQual Qualification Number: 601/4880/9
What is Ofqual?
The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (OfQual) regulates qualifications, examinations and assessments in England.
OfQual has set a range of rules for regulated qualifications, as well as guidance which supports those rules. The body also has set out separate rules for national assessments.
Why choose LSPM?
- Your qualification is recognised and accepted world over.
- Experience online-time study like never before with our purpose built smart learning tools which gives you advantage of studying anytime and anywhere.
- Flexible payment plans, pay fee in easy monthly, quarterly or yearly instalments.
- Fast track mode - attain your qualification in just 6 months!
- Dedicated Tutor Support via live chat.
Learners must complete all 10 mandatory units totalling 120 credits
Level 4 Diploma in Computing Units
- IT and Society
- Computer Systems and Software
- Computer Programming
- Relational Database Systems
- Software Engineering
- Systems Analysis and Design
- E-commerce Applications
- Human Computer Interaction
- Information Systems Theory and Practice
- Management Information Systems
Level 5 Diploma in Computing Units
- Cyber Security
- Database Design and Development
- Web Based Development
- Network Design
- Ethical, Legal and Regulatory Issues and Professional Responsibilities in IT
- Strategic Management Information Systems
- Innovative Technologies in Computing
- Computing Research Methods
- Managing a Computing Project
- Software Development Methodologies
Qualifications are different in different countries. However there are some clear stages people move through in education that are common to most countries.
The list below gives an indication of how you can compare qualifications across
- Equivalent to Year 2 of a three year UK Bachelor's degree
- Higher National Diploma (HND)
Who is this course for?
Learners who wish to pursue a senior role in information systems management, programming, web development or software engineering can use this Diploma in Computing to support their progression.
The Learners must possess:
- Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 3 Award/Diploma or at the level of GCE/GCSE or equivalent qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
Upon successful completion of learners will be eligible to gain entry into the final year of Bachelor's degree or pursue a Level6Diploma in Information Technology or opt for Bachelors Degree Top Up such as :-
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science (Information Systems)
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science (Network Technology)
- BSc (Hons) Computing and Information Technologies
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.Leave a review
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.