The Diploma in Collection Operation and Maintenance – Level 4 will teach individuals on how to safely and effectively operate and maintain wastewater collection systems. The course will train operators in operating and maintaining wastewater collection systems. Have a clear understanding of the importance and responsibilities of a collections systems operator.
The course will cover key features such as safety procedures for inspection and testing of sewers, underground repair and inspection of manholes. Individuals will be given detailed instructions on using close-circuit television, cleaning sewers, cleaning stoppages, controlling grease, root, odours and corrosion in the collection systems.
The Diploma in Collection Operation and Maintenance – Level 4 will give learners the necessary skills and knowledge needed for the operation and maintenance of collection systems. Individuals will learn how to identify collection system problems and find the right methods to solve them. Additionally, learn about CMOM programme, its duties and responsibilities.
What Will I Learn?
- Have a clear understanding of wastewater collection
- Learn about gravity sanitary sewers, flow monitoring, flow capacity, flow infiltration and inflow and dye testing
- Learn about the low pressure system description and operation
- Have a clear understanding of wastewater collection rules and regulations
- Learn about the CMOM programme, along with elements and audits
- Understand the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permit Programme
- Learn about pre-treatment roles and responsibilities
01. Wastewater Collection System Introduction
02. Understanding Gravity Sanitary Sewers
03. Flow Monitoring
04. Flow Capacity
05. Sewer Cleaning
06. Infiltration And Inflow
07. Dye Testing
08. Manhole Section
09. Closed Circuit Television
10. Smoking Out Sewer Leaks
11. Low Pressure System Description And Operation
13. Grease Interceptors
14. Pumps And Lift Stations Section
15. Hydrogen Sulfide Section
16. Wastewater Collection Rules And Regulations Section
17. Clean Water Act
19. What Are Sanitary Sewer Overflows
20. Combined Sewer Overflows
21. The Elements Of A Proper Cmom Program
22. Overflow Response Plan
23. Cmom Audits
24. National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System
25. Pretreatment Roles And Responsibilities
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of assessment
In order to complete the Diploma in Collection Operation and Maintenance – Level 4 successfully and gain your professional qualification, all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Your instructor will review and evaluate your work and provide your feedback based on how well you have completed your assignments.
Please Note: Additionally, £179 (Inc. VAT) is charged for assessment and certificate and you need to pay that when you are submitting your assessments only (It is not required to pay initially when you are registering). This payment can be paid into 05 installments when you are submitting your assessments.
Those who successfully completed the course will be awarded the Level 4 Diploma in Collection Operation and Maintenance by ABC Awards. It will make you valuable to employers, and your motivation at gaining new skills will be recognised
Course Code: QLS-04875
Awarding body (Accreditation)
ABC Awards is an Ofqual regulated, leading national awarding body which develops diverse, high-quality vocational qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14. Founded in 1998, ABC Awards is a leading national awarding organisation with a long-established reputation for high quality support and services to the educational sector. ABC Awards are committed to helping employers, organisations and learners cultivate the relevant skills for learning, skills for employment, and skills for life. If you gain an ABC Awards accredited qualification with Global Edulink, you will demonstrate a high level of skill, and will come away with many more opportunities open to you.
Who is this course for?
- Job seekers
- Professionals related to wastewater collection
- Collection System Manager
- Water Treatment Operator
- Anyone interested in learning about collection operation and maintenance
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification at level 3 or above in any discipline.
- Collection System Manager
- Wastewater Operations Manager
- Collection System Maintenance Manager
- Wastewater Operations and Maintenance Technician
- Wastewater Treatment Specialist
- Water Treatment Operator – £23,153 per annum
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.