Add to basket or enquire
A message to our learning community
With the current outbreak of Coronavirus hitting countless countries and economies around the world, we stand together with all those who have been impacted by COVID-19. We also want to remember and appreciate the healthcare professionals and other individuals in essential services who are braving this pandemic from the forefront with their selfless acts of service.
Learners will get “Certificate in COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Awareness” Course for Free on purchasing this course
This course is endorsed under ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme.
Get 2 accredited qualifications in 1 program. The submission of your assessment is compulsory to get your ABC Awards certification. However, if you take a 20 question MCQ examination, you can also receive a free e-certificate from CPD & iAP.
The Diploma in Collection Construction – Level 4 will focus on whitewater collection. Wastewater collection refers to the systematic collection of the used water from homes, businesses and industries in order to transport it to wastewater treatment points. This process or system is also called as the sanitary sewer. All houses or structures that have running water incorporated within have to be connected to a proper wastewater disposal system. The main aim of treating wastewater is to control water pollution and to remove toxins from wastewater before releasing it to surface waters.
The wastewater collection system is a very important concept for the society. Without a proper water disposal and treatment system, society will face many critical issues. However, the construction and maintenance of a wastewater disposal and treatment system is no easy task. It involves many rules, hazards and hard work.
The Diploma in Collection Construction – Level 4 will provide learners with a thorough knowledge that will guide you with regards to collection construction. Learners will have insight into wastewater collection by learning about gravity sanitary sewers, flow monitoring, flow capacity, flow infiltration and inflow and dye testing. The course will also teach about low pressure system description and operation. Learners will understand hydraulic principles, general pumping fundamentals and pump categories. Additionally, learn about CMOM programme, its elements and audits and space entry programme, permit, its duties and responsibilities.
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Global Edulink has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 4 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Global Edulink to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
We are always thinking of ways in which you can gain the best from our online learning platform. When you enroll with us on this program you will have the opportunity to enroll on a Level 4 course or above for free!!! The courses that you can choose from have been indicated on our suggested course below.
- Diploma In Excavation & Trenching - Level 4
- Diploma in Collection System Operator - Level 4
- Diploma in Chlorination - Level 4
- Diploma in Chemical Handling - Level 4
- Diploma in Agricultural Pesticide Awareness - Level 4
- Diploma in Mastering Thinking Skills Level 4
- Diploma in Agricultural Pest Control - Level 4
- Diploma In Systems Analysis And Design – Level 4
- Diploma in Business Management - Level 5
What is covered in this course?
- Gain insight into wastewater collection by learning about gravity sanitary sewers, flow monitoring, flow capacity, flow infiltration and inflow and dye testing
- Learn about the low pressure system description and operation
- Understand the hydraulic principles, general pumping fundamentals and pump categories
- Gain insight into wastewater collection rules and regulations and the summary of clean water act
- Learn about the CMOM program, along with its elements and audits
- Insight into confined space entry programme, permit and its duties and responsibilities
- Understand the evacuation and trenching with regards to collection construction
01. Wastewater Collection
02. Infiltration And Inflow
04. Pumps And Lift Stations
05. Hydraulic Principles Section
06. General Pumping Fundamentals
07. Motor, Coupling And Bearing Section
08. Hydrogen Sulfide
09. Wastewater Collection Rules And Regulations
10. The Elements Of A Proper Cmom Program
12. Duties Of The Person Authorizing Or In Charge Of The Entry
13. Other Hazards
14. Respiratory Protection
15. Excavation And Trenching Section
16. Soil Classification And Identification
18. Lockout - Tagout Training
19. Osha Rule Section
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of assessment
In order to complete the Diploma in Collection Construction – Level 4 successfully and gain your professional qualification, all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Your instructor will review and evaluate your work and provide your feedback based on how well you have completed your assignments.
Please Note: Additionally, £179 (Inc. VAT) is charged for assessment and certificate and you need to pay that when you are submitting your assessments only (It is not required to pay initially when you are registering). This payment can be paid into 05 installments when you are submitting your assessments.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
Course Code: QLS-04874
Accredited body (Accreditation)
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
While the submission of your assignment is compulsory for you to get your ABC Awards accredited certification, you can also receive another CPD & iAP accredited, free e-certificate if you take a 20 multiple choice exam.
Who is this course for?
- Job seekers
- Collection construction professionals
- Field Engineer
- Water Engineer
- Anyone interested in learning about collection construction
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification at level 3 or above in any discipline.
- Field Engineer – £25,141 per annum
- Wastewater Engineer
- Wastewater Operator
- Wastewater Process Engineer
- Wastewater Collection Design Engineer
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.