Add to basket or enquire
A message to our learning community
With the current outbreak of Coronavirus hitting countless countries and economies around the world, we stand together with all those who have been impacted by COVID-19. We also want to remember and appreciate the healthcare professionals and other individuals in essential services who are braving this pandemic from the forefront with their selfless acts of service.
Learners will get “Certificate in COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Awareness” Course for Free on purchasing this course
Diploma in Caring For Children and Young People - Level 2
The certification is endorsed by an ABC Awards (Ofqual regulated awarding body)
Get 2 accredited qualifications in 1 program. The submission of your assessment is compulsory to get your ABC Awards certification. However, if you take a 20 question MCQ examination, you can also receive a free e-certificate from CPD & iAP.
Do you enjoy working with children? Would you like to make a career out of in the capacity of a child worker or child minder? The Diploma in Caring for Children and Young People Level 2 is an introductory childcare qualification that will enable learners to gain practical skills and knowledge on the development of children and young people.
The course will cover key elements which include how to safeguard the welfare of children, understand young children’s development, learn how to incorporate nutrition and plan a healthy diet, understand why early learning should be a part of play and help children gain self-confidence and self-esteem.
The Diploma in Caring for Children and Young People Level 2 course will teach learners how to become effective in their role as a nursery worker or nanny. Whether you are working in a nursery or in a home, children are a massive responsibility that you have to take on. It is around the clock job that requires precision and in-depth skills on ensuring the child is safe at all times. The course will give individuals the confidence to shoulder this immense responsibility and help in the growth and development of children and young people in their care.
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Global Edulink has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 2 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Global Edulink to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
We are always thinking of ways in which you can gain the best from our online learning platform. When you enroll with us on this program you will have the opportunity to enroll on a Level 2 course or above for free!!! The courses that you can choose from have been indicated on our suggested course below.
- Certificate in Personal Confidence and Motivation - Level 2
- Diploma in Life Coaching - Level 3
- Diploma in Neuro- Linguistic Programming - Level 3
- Diploma in Teaching Assistant - Level 3
- Diploma in Investment and Finance - Level 3
- Diploma in Management Accounting - Level 3
- Diploma in Leadership and Management – Level 3
- Advanced Diploma in Business Administration - Level 3
What is covered in this course?
- Gain a clear understanding of the job role as someone caring for children and young people and the responsibilities surrounding this role.
- Learn how to create a safe and secure environment for children.
- Promote safety measures and safeguard children from accidents.
- Gain an understanding of nutrition and healthy and balanced diets for children.
- Promote health and hygiene in children and young people.
- Gaining a qualification in learning to care for children will enable individuals to have a career in this field.
Course Curriculum (Type Of Course Material: Text)
Module 1: Safeguarding the Welfare of Children and Young People
Unit 01 - Safeguarding the Welfare of Children and Young People – Part 1
- Best interests
- Views of the child
- Multi-agency working
- The community
- Safeguarding children’s board
- A child in need
- Mobile phones
Unit 02 - Safeguarding the Welfare of Children and Young People – Part 2
- Caring for sick children
- Procedures for children with allergies
- Procedures for children with allergies
- Oral medication
- Lifesaving medication & invasive treatments
- Procedures for children who are sick or infectious
- Reporting of ‘notifiable diseases’
- Hiv/aids/hepatitis procedure
- Nits and head lice
- First aid
- Assessing the situation
- Assessing the casualty
- Breathing for the casualty
- Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (cpr)
- The recovery position
- Common injuries, how they are caused and how to treat them
- Burns or scalds
- Febrile convulsions
- Common illnesses, symptoms and treatment
- High temperature
- Glass test
- Recording accidents and emergencies
- Personal emergency plans - childminders
- Personal emergency plan
- Emergency procedure
- Fire drills and evacuation procedures
- Evacuation plan
- Security incidents
- Maintaining children’s safety and security on premises
- Missing children
- Missing child
Unit 3 - Safeguarding the Welfare of Children and Young People – Part 3
- Types, signs and symptoms of child abuse
- Physical abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Helping children to protect themselves against abuse
- Abuse of children with disabilities
- Monitoring, assessing and recording abuse
- The victim
- Recognition of bullying
- How you can help a child who is being bullied?
- Strategies which could be used to help a child who is being bullied
- Spotting the signs of bullying
- Childminders –protecting yourself when working alone
- Why childminders are vulnerable against allegations
- How to protect yourself and your family from allegations
- Working in partnership with parents
- Respecting confidentiality and information sharing
Module 2: The Importance of Play for Early Learning
- Growth and development
- Factors which affect growth and development
- Types of play
- Exploratory play
- Physical play
- Imaginative play
- Competitive and non-competitive games and activities
- Enjoying books and reading
- The role of the adult in providing play
Module 3: Use Food And Nutrition Information To Plan A Healthy Diet
- The main food groups
- The eat well plate
- Childhood health problems associated with being verweight
- Good health and five a day recommendations
- Body mass index
- Food hygiene and food safety – good hygiene practices in the kitchen
- Shopping for food
- Best before’ and ‘use by’ dates
- Storing food safely’s and don’ts of refridgeration
- Food poisoning
- Nutrition for children from birth to 16 years–weaning and feeding babies
- Breast feeding
- Bottle feeding
- Healthy eating for children between 1 and 3 years
- Healthy eating for pre-school children between 3 and 5 years
- Healthy eating for school age children between 6 and 12 years
- Healthy eating for teenagers
- Key nutrients and vitamins – benefits and limitations of key nutrients
- Carbohydrates – macronutrient
- Protein – macronutrient
- Fats – macronutrient
- Minerals – micronutrients
- Non-nutrient foods
- He balance of good health (bgh)
- Improving nutrition and reducing health problems in children
- Planning healthy meals and snacks
- Seven day menu plan for a child aged eight years
- Planning snacks
- Digestion - the structure of the digestive system
- Changes that occur to food as it passes through the digestive system
- Food labels
- High, medium and low fat, sugar and salt content
- The complexity of food labels
- Dietary changes –factors influencing people’s food choices
- Barriers to dietary change
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Identifying help and support
- The principles of exercise
Module 4: Young Children's Development
- The development of children from birth to six years
- Factors influencing a child’s development
- Marriage or relationship problems of the child’s parents
- The environment the child is brought up in
- Any health problems the child may suffer
- Inappropriate or inadequate simulation
- Learning difficulties
- Loss or bereavement of a close family member
- Sensory impairment
- The basic needs of a child
- The role of the key person
- Important key terms to remember
- Important key terms to remember: ‘the three “r”s’
- Working in partnership with professionals
- A unique child + positive relationships + enabling environments = learning and development
Module 5: Accident Prevention and Fire Safety When Babysitting
- Identifying possible risks in the setting
- The hall, stairs and landing
- The kitchen
- The living room
- The bedrooms or sleeping areas
- The bathroom and toilet
- Risk assessment checklist for the hall, stairs & landing
Method of Assessment
At the end of the Diploma in Caring for Children and Young People Level 2 you will be evaluated through written assignments. In order to complete this programme successfully, all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Your instructor will review and evaluate your work and provide your feedback based on how well you have completed your assignments.
Please Note: Additionally, £149 (Inc. VAT) is charged for assessment and certificate and you need to pay that when you are submitting your assessments only (it is not required to pay initially when you are registering). this payment can be paid into 3 installments when you are submitting your assessments.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
Course Code: QLS-03771
Accredited Body (Accreditation)
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
While the submission of your assignment is compulsory for you to get your ABC Awards accredited certification, you can also receive another CPD & iAP accredited, free e-certificate if you take a 20 multiple choice exam.
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification in any discipline.
- Teaching Assistant
- Nursery Worker
- Childcare Worker
- Day Care Worker
Others jobs you can get
- Child Minder
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
you say exams to be bought separately for this course how much are they please level2 in supporting children
Dear Paul, Thank you for your query. Please note that the Diploma in Caring For Children and Young People – Level 2 course is assessment based and Additionally, £149 (Inc. VAT) is charged for assessment and certificate and you need to pay that when you are submitting your assessments only (it is not required to pay initially when you are registering). this payment can be paid into 3 instalments when you are submitting your assessments. Regards, Student Support TeamThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Am I allowed to practise in the field with this certification or would I need to take an additional course in order to be able to work
Dear Michelle, Thank you for your query. The Diploma in Caring For Children and Young People – Level 2 is a highly recognized qualification accredited by ABC/ Certa awards. (Regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales ) Course Code: QLS-03771 You will be qualified enough to practice in a similar profession and develop your career into the next level. We can recommend following career pathways. Teaching Assistant Nursery Worker Childcare Worker Regards, Student Support.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
How much are the exams certificates
Dear Deborah Thank you very much for your query. Additionally, £149 (Inc. VAT) is charged for assessment and certificate and you need to pay that when you are submitting your assessments only (it is not required to pay initially when you are registering). this payment can be paid into 3 installments when you are submitting your assessments. Regards, Student Support Team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.