Add to basket or enquire
A message to our learning community
With the current outbreak of Coronavirus hitting countless countries and economies around the world, we stand together with all those who have been impacted by COVID-19. We also want to remember and appreciate the healthcare professionals and other individuals in essential services who are braving this pandemic from the forefront with their selfless acts of service.
Learners will get “Certificate in COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Awareness” Course for Free on purchasing this course
This course is endorsed under ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme.
Get 2 accredited qualifications in 1 program. The submission of your assessment is compulsory to get your ABC Awards certification. However, if you take a 20 question MCQ examination, you can also receive a free e-certificate from CPD & iAP.
Mental health refers to the psychological wellbeing of a person. It may also include the ability of a person to enjoy life and to create a balance between his life efforts and activities. Mental health is a very important factor that determines the productivity and wellbeing of an individual. It is important in every phase of an individual’s life from childhood to adulthood.
Mental health disorders are increasing at an alarming rate in the current world. Though many people may not heed to the warning bells when it comes to mental disorders, it may greatly impact an individual’s overall life if help is not sought. Therefore, it is very crucial to every human being to ensure the wellbeing of their mental health and state. Mental health can be maintained by seeking professional help, interacting with others, getting physically active, getting enough sleep and staying positive in all aspects of life.
Even though you might not be facing any mental disorders right now, getting educated on mental disorders might be of immense benefit to you and your loved ones. Learning about mental disorders might also help you kick start a successful career in social work. With this diploma in awareness of mental health care – level 3 you will be exposed to the different types of mental disorders and the importance of maintaining mental health. This course will walk you through the importance of risk management in mental healthcare and the key principles and values that underpin risk management. You will also be able to get a look at the key strategies that promote mental wellbeing. Get enlightened on the legal, policy and service framework in mental healthcare in order to successfully embark on a career in mental healthcare and to uplift others.
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Global Edulink has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Global Edulink to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards & Certa Awards endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
We are always thinking of ways in which you can gain the best from our online learning platform. When you enroll with us on this program you will have the opportunity to enroll on a Level 3 course or above for free!!! The courses that you can choose from have been indicated on our suggested course below.
- Advanced Diploma in Event Planning & Managing - Level 3
- Advanced Diploma in Veterinary Support Assistant - Level 3
- Advanced Diploma in Baking and Cake Decorating - Level 3
- Advanced Diploma in Business Starting Up (Animal Care) - Level 3
- Advanced Diploma in Wedding Planning - Level 3
- Advanced Diploma in Dog Grooming - Level 3
- Advanced Diploma in Dog Behavior and Training - Level 3
- Advanced Diploma in Animal Psychology - Level 3
What is covered in this course?
- Learn about the legal, policy and service framework in mental health
- Understand mental wellbeing and mental health promotion
- Learn about the key strategies that promote mental wellbeing
- Gain an insight into the mental health problems
- Get an understanding of the mental health interventions
- Learn about risk management and the importance of it in mental healthcare
- Understand the key principles and values that underpin risk management
Module 1: The legal, policy and service framework in mental health
- Mental health legislation in the UK
- How legislation relates to mental health care
- National policy initiatives that are relevant to mental health 4 How policy initiatives improve service
- Legislation relating to Carers
- The framework of national mental health service provision
- The roles and responsibilities of agencies involved in mental health care 8 The roles and responsibilities of mental health workers
- The contribution of Carers to people with mental health problems
- How and why Carers and informal supporters should be involved in service delivery 11 The rights and responsibilities of people with mental health problems
- Why workers should challenge discrimination against people with mental health problems
- The role of independent advocacy in promoting the rights of people with mental health problems
- The role of independent advocacy in promoting the rights of Carers and those giving informal support
Module 2: Understanding principles for implementing duty of care in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Duty of care in a work role
- How duty of care contributes to safeguarding and protection
- Potential conflicts or dilemmas that can arise between the duty of care and an individual’s rights
- How to manage risks associated with conflicts between an individual’s rights and the duty of care
- Agreed procedures for handling complaints
Module 3: Mental wellbeing and mental health promotion
- Views on the nature of mental wellbeing and mental health
- Factors that may influence mental problems
- How risk factors influence levels of resilience
- Steps that an individual may take to promote mental well being
- How to support an individual in promoting their mental well being
- Strategies for supporting an individual in promoting their mental wellbeing
Module 4: KEY STRATEGIES TO PROMOTE MENTAL WELLBEING
- Key strategies to promote mental wellbeing
- Local, national and international strategy to promote mental Wellbeing
Module 5: Mental Health Problems
- The main forms of mental ill health
- The key strengths and limitation of the psychiatric classification system
- Alternative frameworks for understanding mental distress
- How mental ill health may be indicated through an individual’s emotions, thinking and behavior
- How individuals experience discrimination due to stereotypes about mental ill health
- How mental ill health has an impact on an individual
- How mental ill health has an impact on families and social networks
- The benefits of early intervention
Module 6: Mental health interventions
- Key principles for working with an individual to identify their needs
- The range, complexity and inter-related nature of different needs
- How diversity and difference may influence the identification of needs
- Arguments for and against the main physical interventions
- The strengths and limitations of other interventions
- The strengths and limitations of the main forms of service interventions in mental health
- How an individual may access a range of intervention options
- Barriers that an individual may face in accessing a range of interventions
- The key principles and factors that underpin the choice of mental health interventions
- The importance of applying key principles in selecting interventions
Module 7: Care and support planning and risk management in mental health
- Working within the care and support planning process
- Tasks, key values and principles associated with each stage of the care and support planning process
- How to enable a service user to take a full and active part in the care planning process
- How to enable carers and family members to take an effective part in the care planning process
- Why and how agencies work together
- Differences or conflicts that may occur in the care planning process
- How to keep effective, accurate and concise records
Module 8: Key Principles and Values That Underpin Risk Management
- Key principles and values that underpin risk management
- Working together within the risk management process
- How to involve carers and family members effectively
- Risk factors that should be considered during risk assessments
- The role of suicide reduction strategies
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of assessment
In order to complete the Diploma in Awareness of Mental Health Care – Level 3 successfully, all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Your instructor will review and evaluate your work and provide your feedback based on how well you have completed your assignments.
Please Note: Additionally, £159 (Inc. VAT) is charged for assessment and certificate and you need to pay that when you are submitting your assessments only (It is not required to pay initially when you are registering). This payment can be paid into 03 installments when you are submitting your assessments.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
Course Code: QLS-04839
Accredited body (Accreditation)
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
While the submission of your assignment is compulsory for you to get your ABC Awards accredited certification, you can also receive another CPD & iAP accredited, free e-certificate if you take a 20 multiple choice exam.
Who is this course for?
- Professionals in the mental health care industry
- Job seekers
- Anyone willing to learn about mental health care
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification at level 2 or above in any discipline.
- Mental health worker
- Social worker
- Mental healthcare assistant
- Registered nurse
Other jobs you can get
- General physician
- Behavior analyst
- Mental health Counsellor
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
After this course can i go further like 4 or5
Kindly note that at the moment we have only level 3 Qualification in this Diploma in Awareness of Mental Health CareThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
To clarify, work is submitted throughout the course and a fee for assessment should be paid. Is it £159 each time you submit, or is this a total cost?
Dear Lesley Thank you very much for your query. Additionally, £159 is charged for all assessments and certificate and you need to pay that when you are submitting your assessments only (It is not required to pay initially when you are registering). This payment can be paid into 03 installments when you are submitting your assessments. Regards, Student Support Team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
It's says "Exam(s) / assessment(s) not included in price & must be purchased separately" how much is it over all then
Dear Mark Thank you very much for your query. The initial fee is £29. Additionally, £159 (Inc. VAT) is charged for assessment and certificate and you need to pay that when you are submitting your assessments only (It is not required to pay initially when you are registering). This payment can be paid into 03 installments when you are submitting your assessments. Regards, Student Support Team.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.