Digital Marketing Diploma - CPD Accredited - NUS Card Eligible
- Exam is included
- Tutor is available to students
Digital Marketing Diploma - CPD & IVCAS accredited
Our Digital Marketing Diploma follows on from our best selling courses in Marketing and Social Media and has been accredited by CPD & IVCAS.
Have you ever wondered what is behind all of those online advertisements that seem to be popping up on our screens? Or perhaps, you have questioned whether there is a viable career behind such efforts. Digital Marketing is one of the fastest growing industries today.
This course has been designed to show you the various processes of an ever-expanding industry, by covering the most relevant topics within the realm of online advertising. Set through a series of 10 modules, this course aims to teach you the basics of digital marketing, while explaining key concepts, from the various platforms and methods of online marketing, to its rules and regulations.
Introduction to the Digital Marketing Course
Using an online platform, this course on digital marketing can be completed anywhere you are, further proving the power of the digital age. The course modules will take you through a range of concepts, which will help you to understand how the industry works, while also enabling you to put these theories into action.
Each module has been designed to build off the previous one, making it easy to follow and develop your understanding of the material. By the end of the course, you will have a working knowledge of concepts such as search engine optimization (SEO), web analytics, and a number of other online marketing strategies. It will also introduce digital marketing on the whole, which aims to give you a full overview of the industry, before delving into each module. Aside from just the theoretical aspects of digital marketing, each module includes activities which test your understanding of the course material, while also allowing you to think critically about each concept.
**We have now partnered with NUS so once you've purchased your course you are eligible by studying with us to apply for an NUS Extra card which gives you 1000's of discounts with the biggest companies**
What you will learn
Over the duration of this course a number of topics will be looked at, which will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of digital marketing. This course will cover the following topics, which will include a breakdown of the basic concepts, as well as how each functions within the overarching theme of digital marketing:
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Marketing (SEM)
- Pay-per-click advertising
- Digital display advertising
- Website development
- Email and mobile marketing
- Social media marketing
- Online public relations
- Web analytics
- How to plan a digital marketing campaign
Benefits of the course
There are a number of benefits, which include:
- A comprehensive, easy-to-understand look at the topics concerning digital marketing
- Material focused on the UK, while also touching on global aspects
- End of module activities and a final test which are designed to expand your overall understanding and put what you’ve learned into action
- Can be completed anywhere with an internet connection.
- Gaining relevant knowledge about an ever-growing industry, which will provide you with practical skills for the workforce.
Module 1: Introduction to Digital Marketing
- The definition of digital marketing
- The benefits of using digital marketing
- The latest trends in digital marketing
- An overview of the types of digital marketing used today
Module 2: Search Engines, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Marketing (SEM)
- What a search engine is and how they work
- A general understanding of search engine optimisation
- The benefits and weaknesses of using search engine optimisation
- About search engine marketing and how it can be used
Module 3: Websites and Web Design
- Website basics, the differences between websites, pages and servers
- The different types of websites
- How websites can be used as a means of digital marketing
- About how to create a website, including content, structure and design
Module 4: Digital Display Advertising
- An overview of digital display advertising
- The formats used in digital display advertising
- The pros and cons of its use
- How to implement successful campaigns
Module 5: Email and Mobile Marketing
- The basics behind email and mobile marketing, including the types of each, as well as how they work
- About the legal considerations, with a focus on those applying to the UK
- The pros and cons of both marketing practices
- Some of the best strategies used to employ these types of initiatives
Module 6: Social Media Marketing
- The differences between social media, networking, and marketing
- How social media marketing works
- The differences between the two social media strategies: passive and active
- About the various platforms of social media and the demographics that engage with each
Module 7: Online Public Relations
- The differences between traditional and online public relations
- The four elements of online public relations
- About the various tools used for employing these strategies
- The four phases of online public relations
Module 8: Web Analytics
- The definition of web analytics and how it differs from website stats
- The two categories of web analytics: off-site and on-site
- The types and processes of web analytics
- How web analytics can be used within an online marketing strategy
Module 9: Planning a Digital Marketing Campaign
- The difference between a digital marketing strategy and a digital marketing campaign
- How to develop the marketing objectives
- The importance of looking at past data
- About identifying a target market: quantitative and qualitative approaches
Module 10 : Digital Marketing Regulations
- About the two regulating bodies in the UK
- The three current regulations concerning digital marketing in the UK
- How data protection is handled in a number of countries around the world
- The various regulations that handle unsolicited communications in countries such as Australia, Canada, the European Union, and the United States
Who is this course for?
There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds.
Our Course is fully compatible with PC’s, Mac’s, Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone devices. Now more than ever people are using the internet while on the move so our course has been designed to be fully compatible on tablets and smartphones so you can access your course on wifi, 3G or 4G.
There is no time limit for completing this course, it can be studied in your own time at your own pace.
All tests are online and are taken either during or after the course, these are included in the price.
With experience, you could specialise in a particular type of digital marketing like mobile or video marketing.
You could progress to senior digital marketing officer, head of online marketing, become a freelance digital marketing consultant, or move into a related area like advertising, sales or public relations.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.