Cambridge Open Academy
Add to basket or enquire
Diabetes is a growing global health concern, affecting over 4 million people in the UK alone. With the increasing prevalence of diabetes, there is a rising demand for individuals with expertise in diabetes awareness, management, and treatment. This diabetes awareness course offers a comprehensive understanding of various types of diabetes, their causes, symptoms, and treatments, enabling learners to make a difference in the lives of those affected by this chronic condition. This course will equip you with the knowledge and skills necessary to contribute to diabetes care and awareness in various professional settings. Don't miss this opportunity to enhance your career prospects and positively impact the lives of millions living with this disease.
- Comprehend various types of diabetes and their causes.
- Identify symptoms and potential complications of diabetes.
- Recognise the impact of diabetes on social care and its costs.
- Understand the importance of early diagnosis and treatment.
- Familiarise with diabetes-related terminology and concepts.
This comprehensive course on "Diabetes Awareness: Causes, Symptoms and Treatment" covers an extensive range of topics related to this disease. It begins with an introduction to diabetes and its challenges, followed by a discussion on the costs of diabetes in social care. Next, the diabetes awareness course delves into the different types of diabetes, including Type 1, Type 2, prediabetes, gestational diabetes, and other rare forms. In addition, it explores various treatments for Type 2 diabetes and highlights the importance of early diagnosis and management of prediabetes. Lastly, the diabetes awareness course covers hypoglycaemia, hyperglycaemia, and hyperosmolar hyperglycaemic state and concludes with a glossary of diabetes terms.
Who is this course for?
This Diabetes Awareness: Causes, Symptoms and Treatment course is suitable for individuals who:
- Aspire to work in healthcare, social care, or public health sectors, focusing on diabetes management and awareness.
- Diabetes Specialist Nurse - £31K to £45K/year.
- Diabetes Educator - £25K to £37K/year.
- Dietitian - £23K to £40K/year.
- Health Promotion Specialist - £22K to £37K/year.
- Clinical Research Associate - £24K to £41K/year.
Questions and answers
Currently there are no Q&As for this course. Be the first to ask a question.
Certificate of Completion (PDF)
Digital certificate - Included
Certificate of Completion (Hard Copy)
Hard copy certificate - £9.99
Note: Delivery of hardcopy certificate is free within the United Kingdom. However, to obtain a hardcopy certificate, international students have to pay £19.99 for the shipment to their designated address.
Currently there are no reviews for this course. Be the first to leave a review.