Because of the increase in effectiveness that is brought over by implementing DevOps, more and more organizations have started adopting the DevOps culture.
Some of the popular tech organizations that are going great after adopting DevOps are Amazon, Netflix, and Adobe.
So what is DevOps? How much does the traditional system change? How does this make web development easier or effective? How do I get started with this?
All these queries that you have in mind, and much more will be addressed in this course.
This course will introduce the basic concepts of DevOps and then move on to how web development in particular can be made more efficient and effective. Along with the high-level advantages and techniques, it also covers basic concepts of Docker, including creation and management of Docker containers and the client-server architecture of Docker. It also includes the basic know-hows of other development tools, such as Chef, and Jenkins, and how these tools can be used to overcome the challenges faced while implementing DevOps.
After completing this course, you will be able to use the various DevOps tools discussed in the course efficiently and orchestrate the multiple build jobs to achieve application deployment automation.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Learn about what DevOps is, and the basic concepts of DevOps
- Understand the configuration management and architecture of DevOps
- Examine which cultural elements create a high-performing IT organization
- Find out how to deploy and continuous integration to new servers
- Monitor and explore various solutions to get on top of the problem
- Take advantage of the cloud solution using AWS-specific tools and services
- Explore and analyze the pros and cons of a Dockerized platform
- Automate the development and deployment of a web application onto a cloud service
- Learn how to spread the DevOps paradigm beyond just Dev and Ops
Style and Approach
This course follows a step-by-step, practical approach that starts off by introducing the basic concepts of DevOps and then introduces tools in a practical way to efficiently manage and automate the development and deployment of a web application onto a cloud service.
This course is a blend of text, videos, code examples, and assessments, all packaged up keeping your journey in mind. The curator of this course has combined some of the best that Packt has to offer in one complete package. It includes content from the following Packt products:
- Mastering DevOps by Dave Mangot
- DevOps for Web Developers by Mitesh Soni
- DevOps for Web Development by Mitesh Soni
Note: This interactive EPUB adheres to the latest specification, and requires that your reader supports video and interactive content. We recommend using Readium with the latest stable version of Google Chrome, or iBooks for OSX.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers have been posted about this course.
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.