The DevOps Foundation course is accredited by the DevOps Institute and provides an introduction to DevOps – the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration and automation in order to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals. Improved workflows enable IT organizations to deliver greater business value by improving the ability to more quickly design, develop, deploy and operate reliable software and services.
This online, self paced course allows you to study at your own pace, at times to suit you. The course can be accessed on any internet enabled device.
You are fully supported by our 24/7 helpdesk and team of qualified, experienced tutors.
13 lessons covering an introduction to DevOps, DevOps practices, culture and organisational considerations and DevOps and other frameworks.
Modules in this course
- Lesson 1: Why DevOps?
- Lesson 2: Introducing DevOps Part 1
- Lesson 3: Introducing DevOps Part 2
- Lesson 4: DevOps and other Frameworks Part 1
- Lesson 5: DevOps and other Frameworks Part 2
- Lesson 6: DevOps Culture
- Lesson 7: Organisational Considerations
- Lesson 8: DevOps Practices The First Way
- Lesson 9: DevOps Practices The Second and Third Way
- Lesson 10: DevOps and IT Service Management Processes
- Lesson 11: Automation Practices and Tool Categories
- Lesson 12: Adopting a DevOps Culture
- Lesson 13: Summary and Exam Preparation
Who is this course for?
DevOps helps Development, IT Operations, and the business, helps the relationship between all departments and the relationship between customers, employees and the company. It allows organisations to deliver better services, faster, increasing business value. So anyone involved in this would benefit from the certification.
There's no pre-requisites and the course doesn't assume any prior knowledge.
While there are no pre-requisites for the study, you will need a minimum technical specification -
For Online Training:
- PC or Laptop running at least Windows XP or above, or alternatively a MAC computer; minimum specification of 128 MB (256MB recommended) RAM and a minimum of a 500MHz Processor.
- Minimum Screen Display Size of 15” (17” widescreen or above recommended).
- Headphones or speakers connected to your computer – to listen to video tutorials.
- A Web Browser (IE 8 and above or Firefox) with latest Adobe Flash Player installed.
- Internet connection of at least 1 Mbps
There are additional requirements for the online exam
DevOps is a movement that is gaining momentum; becoming qualified will demonstrate your commitment. You'll become more responsive, reduce or eliminate constraints to deliver value faster, identify improvement opportunities & be part of a culture that fosters experimentation, with a willingness to take risks and learn from failure. Our course encourages students to make positive changes, fast.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.