Training Express Ltd
Add to basket or enquire
Special Sales Discount: Get Additional 4 Courses with PDF certificates worth £60 as a gift
The Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) course is ideal for those who work in the health or social care sector, as well as anyone with child or vulnerable adult safeguarding responsibilities. This course explores key legislation, how to identify abuse, and report safeguarding concerns.
This Designated Safeguarding Lead includes the following CPD accredited Course:
- Course 01: Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
- Course 02: Safeguarding Children
Key Features of Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL)
- CPD Accredited Designated Safeguarding Lead Training
- Instant PDF certificate (Hardcopy Included)
- Fully online, interactive Designated Safeguarding Lead course
- Self-paced learning and laptop, tablet, and smartphone-friendly
- 24/7 Learning Assistance
- Discounts on bulk purchases
Additional Gifts with this Designated Safeguarding Lead Course
- FREE Course 01: Child Care
- FREE Course 02: Mental Health First Aid
- FREE Course 03: Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- FREE Course 03: Life Coaching Training
Through case studies and theoretical exercises, you will develop all the skills you need to ensure the welfare of children and vulnerable adults under your care or supervision. From this Designated Safeguarding Lead course, you will learn about safeguarding responsibilities, the different types of abuse, child sexual exploitation, and what to include in a safeguarding report.
This Designated Safeguarding Lead course also includes step-by-step guidance on how to respond to disclosure and share private information, as well as what action to take after a safeguarding referral. To ensure flexible learning, our course is designed for both part-time and full-time students.
Designated Safeguarding Lead Curriculum
Designated Safeguarding Lead Part 1: Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
- Module 01: An Introduction to Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults
- Module 02: Safeguarding Legislations
- Module 03: Understanding Abuse and Neglect
- Module 04: Safeguarding Vulnerable AdultsPolicy, Roles and Responsibilities
- Module 05: Understanding the Importance of Communication in Care
- Module 06: Sharing Information and Responding To a Disclosure
- Module 07: Reporting Your Concern
Designated Safeguarding Lead Part 2: Safeguarding Children
- Module 01: Introduction to Safeguarding
- Module 02: Laws and Guidance
- Module 03: Child Abuse
- Module 04: Child Sexual Exploitation
- Module 05: Responding to Disclosure and Reporting
- Module 06: Risks and Risk Assessment
- Module 07: Things to Do After Referral
- Module 08: Record Keeping
By the end of the Designated Safeguarding Lead course, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of legislation surrounding safeguarding children & adults
- Identify the different kinds of abuse and neglect: emotional and physical
- Report their concerns to the appropriate authorities
- Respond to disclosure and share personal information correctly
- Understand how a child can be sexually exploited and the signs of sexual exploitation
- Conduct a risk assessment and management to safeguard risks
- Take appropriate action after a referral and know how to fill out a report
- Understand the importance of communication
- Show awareness of the legal responsibilities
Our courses are CPD Certification Service accredited, providing you with up-to-date skills and knowledge and helping you to become more competent and effective in your chosen field.
Once you’ve successfully completed your Designated Safeguarding Lead course, you will immediately be sent a digital certificate.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for Safeguarding Officers/Leads/Managers/Welfare Support Officers/Social Workers/Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)
Learners do not require any prior qualifications to enrol on this Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) course.
This course will lead you to many different career opportunities, here are few prospects:
- Safeguarding Officer/Administrator: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
- Advisor: £20,000 - £25,000 per annum
- Lead: £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Is this course suitable as a starting point for those who don't work in the sector already?Answer:
Dear Lucy, Thanks for your interest in our course. yes, this course is designed in a way that any fresher will be able to understand and complete the course.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
How is this course assessed? is it written assessments or is it multi-choice at the end of the units?Answer:
Dear Robbie, There is a mock and a final exam at the end of the course. You will need to pass the MCQ exam with a minimum of 60% score.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Hard copy certificate
Digital certificate - Included
Hard copy certificate - Included
You will get the hard copy certificates for Free! The delivery charge of the hard copy certificate inside the UK is £3.99 each.