The Deploying Windows Desktops and Enterprise Applications course is a Microsoft on-demand course that has the code - OD20695C.
Microsoft on-demand uses high-quality video, hands-on labs and knowledge-checking assessments to improve your Microsoft technical skills.
Created and presented by Microsoft experts, Microsoft On-Demand provides accurate content to help you develop – no matter your schedule.
- Official Microsoft content
- 90 days access to suit your schedule
- Learn anytime, anywhere at your own pace
- Save on travel costs
- Participate in virtual lab environments
- Reinforce learning with assessments
- Access content around the clock
- Purchase your Microsoft On-Demand product
- Receive an access code
- Login and start learning
- Finish your course and save or print your certificate
This course describes how to assess operating system and application deployment options, determine the most appropriate deployment strategy, and then implement a deployment solution for Windows devices and apps that meets your environment’s needs. It is aimed at IT professionals who deploy, manage, and maintain PCs, devices, and apps across medium, large, and enterprise organizations. Typically, this course’s audience has a desktop-support background, and have worked as Enterprise Desktop Administrators.
- Module 1: Assessing the network environment for supporting operating system and application deployment
- Module 2: Determining operating system deployment strategies
- Module 3: Assessing application compatibility
- Module 4: Planning and implementing user state migration
- Module 5: Determining an image management strategy
- Module 6: Preparing for deployments by using the Windows ADK
- Module 7: Supporting PXE-initiated and multicast operating system deployments
- Module 8: Implementing operating system deployment by using the MDT
- Module 9: Managing operating system deployment
- Module 10: Integrating MDT and Configuration Manager for operating system deployment
- Module 11: Activating clients and managing additional configuration settings
- Module 12: Deploying Office 2016
Who is this course for?
Recommended for anyone looking to improve their career options within server and networking as well as IT support.
Students must have system administrator–level working knowledge of:
- Networking fundamentals, including common networking protocols, topologies, hardware, media, routing, switching, and addressing.
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
- Basic concepts of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) security.
- Basic understanding of scripting and Windows PowerShell syntax.
- Basic understanding of Windows Server roles and services.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.