Add to basket or enquire
Kickstart a promising career as a dental assistant and help others ensure optimal oral hygiene at all times with the Dental Assistant course. The Dental Assistant course has been designed by our expert team to give you the ideal foundation of knowledge to become a dental assistant.
The Dental Assistant course will enable you to learn the knowledge and skills which are highly desirable by employers and get your career off on the right path right from the start. Explore the roles and responsibilities of a dental assistant and understand the professional appearance and attitude required of a dental assistant with the Dental Assistant course.
Enrolling on the Dental Assistant course will give you a competitive edge when applying for jobs and show that you already have an in-depth knowledge of the skills required to provide first-class dental assistance in dental surgery. This Dental Assistant course is perfect for anyone aspiring to be a Dental Nurse or Dental Hygienist and provides a comprehensive overview of the general dentistry instruments you will use as a dental assistant. Gain the skills needed to ensure effective dental office management and understand how to handle dental material safely with the Dental Assistant self-paced training course.
What Will I Learn From This Dental Assistant Course:
- Learn about the dental assisting profession
- Explore various dental assistant roles
- Gain a full understanding of various dentistry instruments
- Discover how to effectively manage a dental office
- Understand how to plan treatment for patients and conduct clinical examinations
- Learn about safety in the dental office
- Understand how to control infections as a dental assistant
- Discover what is required from a professional dental assistant
Why People Love And Enrol The Dental Assistant Course From One Education
- Eligibility for an IAO & CPD-accredited certificate on successful completion of Dental Assistant Course
- Learning materials of our Dental Assistant course contains engaging voiceover and visual elements for your comfort
- 24/7 access to the Dental Assistant course materials for 12 months
- Freedom to study at your own pace
- Full Tutor support on weekdays (Monday – Friday)
Please note: This course only gives you the theoretical knowledge that you need to excel in this field. This Dental Assistant Training doesn't entitle you to practise as a professional in this specific field.
We’ve taken this comprehensive Dental Assistant Training and broken it down into 10 manageable units which we believe will assist you to easily grasp each concept – from the fundamental to the most advanced aspects of this skills.
This Dental Assistant course is designed with the following modules:
Module 01: Introduction to Dental Assisting
- The Dental Assisting Profession
- Contemporary Trends in Dentistry
- Education in Dental Professions
- Professionalism in Dental Assisting
Module 02: General Dentistry Instruments
- Acorn Burnisher
- Amalgam Carrier
- Amalgam Well
- Anesthetic Syringe
- Articulating Paper Holder
- Cement Spatula
Module 03: Dental Office Management
- Office Staff Roles
- Patient Coordinating
Module 04: Oral Diagnosis, Treatment Planning and Dental Terminology
- Clinical Examination
- Locating Teeth within the Mouth
- Dental Terminology
Module 05: General Handling and Safety of Dental Materials in the Dental Office
- Material Hazards in the Dental Environment
- Bio-Aerosols in the Dental Setting
- Chemical Safety in the Dental Office
- Acute and Chronic Chemical Toxicity
Module 06: Infection Control and Instruments
- Instrument Classification Based on Need for Infection Control
- Guidelines for Infection Control
- Hand Hygiene
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Environmental Surfaces
Module 07: Dental Radiology
- Dental Radiology Equipment
- Dental Radiology Film Types
- Radiation Effects
- Errors Due to Temperature, Solutions, Contamination, and Film Handling
- Most Common Types of Dental Radiographs
Module 08: Paediatric Dentistry
- The Paediatric Dental Team and Office
- The Paediatric Dental Assistant
- The Paediatric Dental Office
- The Paediatric Patient
- Behavior Management
- Patients with Special Needs
Module 09: The Professional Dental Assistant
- Characteristics of a Professional Dental Assistant
- Knowledge and Skills
Module 10: Standards of Dental Practice in the UK
- The General Dental Council (GDC) of the UK
- Responsibilities of the GDC
- Obtaining Patient Consent for Dental Treatment
Method of Assessment
To assess your learning of our Dental Assistant course, you have to participate in an automated multiple-choice question exam. You have to score at least 60% to pass the exam and to qualify for an IAO & CPD accredited certificate. After passing the exam, you will be able to apply for a certificate.
To enhance your knowledge regarding the course and to further assess your learning, you are advised to complete the assignment questions provided at the end of the course, which you can complete anytime you wish.
After submitting the assignment, our expert tutor will assess your assignment and will give you feedback on your performance.
After completing the MCQ assessment, you will qualify for the IAO & CPD accredited Certificate from One Education, as proof of your continued professional development. Certification is available in PDF format, for £9, or a hard copy can be sent to you via post, for just £15.
Who is this course for?
This Dental Assistant Training is suitable for aspiring professionals looking for a formal online qualification and those who are new to the field who wish to develop their skillset. There are no specific entry requirements for this course, which can be studied on a part-time or full-time basis.
There are no specific prerequisites to enrol in this Dental Assistant Training. Anyone and everyone can take this course.
The Dental Assistant Training is fully accessible from any internet-enabled smart device. So, you can study from the comfort of your home!
All you need is a passion for learning, literacy, and to be over the age of 16.
This Dental Assistant Training will help you gain all the necessary theoretical knowledge to excel in the relevant field. Enrol on our course now and get started on the journey of taking your career to the next level.
Questions and answers
No questions or answers found containing ''.
Is it possible to study as much as we need before we take the exam or once we finished the 6 hours it will be gone ?
Dear Masoumeh, Thank you for your question. Yes, you can study as much you want before taking the exam. You will have one year of access to course materials. ThanksThis was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.
Can you please tell me the duration of this dental assistant course ? When will be the exam held? Is exam online? When will I get certificatece?
Dear Faisal, Thank you for contacting us. The estimated course duration is 06 hours of continuous study. However, you will get one year access to the course after purchasing and you can complete it anytime within a year. After completing the course, you will be able to sit for the exam at your convenient time and the whole exam will be conducted online. The PDF certificate will take 24 hours and the hard copy certificate will take three to nine working days. Stay Safe Stay Healthy.This was helpful. Thank you for your feedback.