Database Administrator with Oracle and Microsoft
Interest Free Finance available. (5 x £109)
Which courses are included?
The Database Administrator with Oracle and Microsoft study bundle includes the Oracle Database 11g Certified Associate course as well as the Microsoft® accredited MCSA: SQL Server 2012 courses.
Database administration is a key role in any company as it involves the installation, configuration, upgrading, administration, monitoring, maintenance and security of an organisation’s databases.
The role also includes the developing and designing of database strategies, monitoring of systems, implementing database performance and capacity improvements, as well as ensuring that future expansion requirements are planned for. You may also be expected to plan, co-ordinate and implement security measures to ensure the safety of your organisation’s databases.
Adding these qualifications to your CV will see you become an in-demand professional with certifications from leading IT organisation's behind your name.
Oracle Database 11g Certified Associate course:
Based on the latest Oracle database, the internationally recognised Oracle Database 11g Certified Associate qualification will instil in the student the essential skills and knowledge needed to develop and maintain Oracle Database 11g environments. Upon achieving this certification you will have gained the ability to work in numerous database environments.
Oracle Database 11g Certified Associate Curriculum:
Part I – Oracle® Database 11g: SQL Fundamentals
- Introducing SQL3
- Using Single-Row Functions
- Using Group Functions
- Using Joins and Subqueries
- Manipulating Data
- Creating Tables and Constraints
- Creating Schema Objects
Part II – Oracle® Database 11g: Administration
- Introducing Oracle® Database 11g Components and Architecture
- Creating an Oracle® 11g Database
- Allocating Database Storage and Creating Schema Objectives
- Understanding Network Architecture
- Implementing Security and Auditing
- Managing Data and Undo
- Maintaining the Database and Managing Performance
- Implementing Database Backups
- Recovering the Database
- Moving Data Using EM Tools
The Microsoft MCSA SQL 2012 courses:
The Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate SQL Server 2012 courses will provide you with the most recent skills and knowledge that is required to develop and maintain SQL Server 2012 environments. The SQL Server 2012 qualification will enable you to secure and maintain data, import, export and compress data, as well as monitor, troubleshoot and optimise databases.
The Microsoft MCSA SQL 2012 certification is also a prerequisite to certain MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert) courses, opening up another dimension of career opportunities.
Microsoft MCSA SQL 2012 Curriculum:
Exam 70-461 Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Lesson 1: Getting Started with SQL Server 2012
- Lesson 2: Working with T-SQL
- Lesson 3: Writing SELECT Queries
- Lesson 4: Working with SQL Data Types
- Lesson 5: Sorting and Filtering Data
- Lesson 6: Querying Data from Multiple Tables
- Lesson 7: Modifying Data
- Lesson 8: Working with SQL Server Built-in Functions
- Lesson 9: Programming in T-SQL
- Lesson 10: Implementing Stored Procedures
- Lesson 11: Working with Subqueries and Table Expressions
- Lesson 12: Working with Set Operators, Conditional Operators and Window Functions
- Lesson 13: Working with PIVOT, UNPIVOT and Grouping Sets
- Lesson 14: Managing Error Handling and Transactions
- Lesson 15: Querying SQL Server System
- Lesson 16: Optimising Query Performance
Exam 70-462 Administering SQL Server 2012 Databases
- Lesson 1: Identifying the SQL Server Platform
- Lesson 2: Deploying SQL Server
- Lesson 3: Configuring SQL Server
- Lesson 4: Managing Databases in SQL Server 2012
- Lesson 5: Managing SQL Server Security
- Lesson 6: Implementing Advanced Security Settings
- Lesson 7: Applying Encryption and Compression
- Lesson 8: Working with Indexes and Log Files
- Lesson 9: Working with Backup and Restore
- Lesson 10: Implementing High Availability
- Lesson 11: Optimizing Server Performance
- Lesson 12: Troubleshooting Issues and Recovering Databases
- Lesson 13: Performing Advanced Database Management Tasks
Exam 70-463 Implementing a Data Warehouse with SQL Server 2012
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Data Warehouse
- Lesson 2: Creating Dimensions and Changing Granularity of Dimensions
- Lesson 3: Creating Fact Tables and Column Store Indexes
- Lesson 4: Implementing Data Warehouse in SQL Server 2012
- Lesson 5: Working with Integration Services
- Lesson 6: Managing Control Flow
- Lesson 7: Working with Dynamic Variables
- Lesson 8: Implementing Data Flow
- Lesson 9: Managing Data Flow
- Lesson 10: Managing SSIS Package Execution
- Lesson 11: Debugging and Troubleshooting
- Lesson 12: Deploying Packages
- Lesson 13: Securing Packages and Databases
- Lesson 14: Working with MDS and Windows
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for anyone with aspirations to gaining a career as a Database Administrator. Feel free to contact our Course and Career Advisors to enquire about our free demos. This will give you an exact idea of how our superior training is delivered to you.
There are no prerequisites to studying the Oracle Database 11g Certified Associate or The Microsoft MCSA SQL 2012 courses.
- Database Administrator
- Database Developer
- Junior Database Administrator
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.