The Database Administrator (DBA) Certifications study bundle consists of the Oracle® Database 11g Certified Associate course and the Microsoft® accredited MCSA: SQL Server 2012 courses.
The average UK salary for a Database Administrator is £47 500. (ITJobsWatch)
As a Database Administrator, you will be the IT Professional responsible for the installation, configuration, upgrading, administration, monitoring, maintenance and security of the databases within an organisation. The role includes the development and design of database strategies, system monitoring and improving database performance and capacity, as well as planning for future expansion requirements. Other job requirements can include planning, coordinating and implementing security measures to safeguard the databases.
Adding these qualifications to your CV will greatly broaden your career prospects and significantly improve your earning potential with current or future employers.
Benefits of an online education:
- 24-hour support bolt-on
- Live labs bolt-on
- Significantly discounted exam vouchers
- Unlike in a classroom, you can pause and rewind as often as you need to
- Study at your own pace - anywhere, anytime
- Prepare to pass your exams with confidence by using our extensive exam simulators
- Access to over 500 course material eBooks
- Studying is broken down into small ‘byte-sizes’ to improve memory retention
- Unlimited access to the courses and practice exams for 1 year
- Flexibility to choose which courses you want to study with our study bundles
- Also great for brushing up on skills and preparing for technical interviews
The globally recognised Oracle® Database 11g Certified Associate qualification covers the essential skills and knowledge needed to develop and maintain Oracle® Database 11g environments. This certification course is based on the latest Oracle® Database. Upon achieving this certification you will be able to work in many server environments.
Oracle® Database 11g Certified Associate Curriculum:
Part I – Oracle® Database 11g: SQL Fundamentals
- Introducing SQL3
- Using Single-Row Functions
- Using Group Functions
- Using Joins and Subqueries
- Manipulating Data
- Creating Tables and Constraints
- Creating Schema Objects
Part II – Oracle® Database 11g: Administration
- Introducing Oracle® Database 11g Components and Architecture
- Creating an Oracle® 11g Database
- Allocating Database Storage and Creating Schema Objectives
- Understanding Network Architecture
- Implementing Security and Auditing
- Managing Data and Undo
- Maintaining the Database and Managing Performance
- Implementing Database Backups
- Recovering the Database
- Moving Data Using EM Tools
The Microsoft® MCSA credential focuses on the ability to design and build technology solutions and is suited for anyone where SQL forms an important part of their role. It covers the essential skills and knowledge needed to develop and maintain SQL Server 2012 environments.
The Microsoft® MCSA SQL 2012 consists of the following 3 exam courses:
70-461: Querying Microsoft® SQL Server 2012
- Create database objects
- Work with data
- Modify data
- Troubleshoot and optimize
70-462: Administering Microsoft® SQL Server 2012 Databases
- Install and Configure
- Maintain instances and databases
- Optimize and troubleshoot
- Manage data
- Implement security
- Implement high availability
70-463: Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft® SQL Server 2012
- Design and implement a data warehouse
- Extract and transform data
- Serve Load data
- Configure and deploy SSIS solutions
- Build data quality solutions
You are a simple enquiry away from your Database Administrator Certification.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for you if you have the desire to become a Database Administrator and embark on a career that you are passionate about. Speak to one of our Advisors about our FREE Demos that will give you an exact idea of how our certified training is delivered to you.
There are no academic requirements to study this course.
Send us an enquiry now and one of our friendly Course and Career Advisors will answer any questions that you may have and assist you in planning the study path best suited to your career requirements. ITonlinelearning focuses greatly on student and potential student support, so rest assured that you will receive expert advice and a quality online education.
Questions and answers
Rating and reviews
There haven't been any reviews for this course yet.
Please sign in to review this course.
This course is advertised on reed.co.uk by the Course Provider, whose terms and conditions apply. Purchases are made directly from the Course Provider, and as such, content and materials are supplied by the Course Provider directly. Reed is acting as agent and not reseller in relation to this course. Reed's only responsibility is to facilitate your payment for the course. It is your responsibility to review and agree to the Course Provider's terms and conditions and satisfy yourself as to the suitability of the course you intend to purchase. Reed will not have any responsibility for the content of the course and/or associated materials.